Forums

Help › Forums

What is WGT doing to take measures against cheaters

Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:39 PM (131 replies)
  • justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:09 PM

why complain about cheats ?????  WGT seems not to care !!! ..easy to fix ,, just don't play RG ,, MATCH FOR MONEY,,OR ANY  WGT TOURNAMENTS ....  just play with your friends and enjoy the game

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:14 PM

if you need the feel to play for money ... invite me to play ... win or lose, im still happy ....  I mite call you a batch if im losing ..but that's all part of the game  :)

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 12:18 AM

That's a tough one, another one.

I think "WGT do what is in their power" should be the right answer but before solving the problem centered on the cheat engines and cheaters would be appropriate to find a solution to the multi accounters, it must be done. 

A dog chasing its tail, the account verification is a step.

In recent months we have all noticed that the degree of VEM (theoretical) has increased and I think this is another step towards the answer to the OP done by John, this increase could be exponential according to the current AVG, it will make the games much more difficult, irrespective of whether or not to take the ding. 

Hitting an excellent ding is not equal to "place the balls where you spot the mark", hit the ding with a reduction in the speed of the meter is the real problem and that's because with time and with increasing skills, we realize that affect the compensation is better than a ding.

Someone has seen that someone has done, but what. If you have evidence that someone is cheating or using programs to do it, write it and bring their names to the staff, the presence of a verified account would remove any doubt, at least partially solving the problem, the conjecture, on the net will not work. It's not like the mechanic who says he has changed your bumper and you instead find that he has just repainted it.

Last but not least, I think WGT does not necessarily have to come and tell what steps they intend to take to resolve the cheater problems, it is not a political campaign where you choose an alternative, it is an online game and anyone who might be or become a cheater and we know that, in case someone decides to quit, it is definitely not WGT that comes to greet and tell you to stay.

I hope my english is clear and without misunderstandings.

David.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 12:42 AM

Fraenkel:
    the account verification is a step

I think so, too. No one should be allowed to play in ANY format if credits are to be won, nor be able to gift or recieve gifts w/o being verified . This would not necessarily cut into WGT's income at all because the majority of the gifters and giftees have not deposited a penny to WGT, so therefore, WGT is not losing any revenue.

I've seen people say they're not giving WGT their personal info, blah, blah, blah. WGT doesn't get anything at all that could EVER be used, if their database was hacked, to do one ounce of harm to anyone. So many people don't realize that they offer up ALL of their info every single time they log on to the internet. Even if it's just to read the news. If your computer is on, and connected, you are vulnerable, no matter what AV, malware fighter you have.

WGT asks for a DL or ID, and a utility bill, and if the bill isn't in your name, it does not matter, as long as the address matches your DL or ID. Simplest process I've ever done on the internet. Facebook and Google know more about you than you know about yourself.

Without being verified, I believe you shouldn't be allowed to win anything, even the sweepstakes drawings. That one implementation would cease and desist 90% of the start-overs and multi's. As for the slow meter software, I believe that if it a person is brought to WGT's attention, they can tell how the flash player is being manipulated.

The VT doesn't pay the lower tiers for a reason.

• popabear
    302 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 2:07 AM

The cheater's are out.You can get any cheat you want.Hell just type in wgt cheats .com You can down any one you want some are free some cost.New one's come out all the time.Like you said if they have something to get a ding then people are going to use it.Meter skippy guy's loseing high dollor ball's people getting tired of buying balls .Soon as you buy new one's you lose 1 right off the get go.Here last year wgt took 20% off the life of the ball's then up the price.Ever time they have a bug it's always on your end not there's.Have you seen a any post any were that tell's you what are the requirements are to play the game with no problem's no. They give you the minm requirements but won't tell what it takes to play smooth.It's been clear for awhile now WGT is all abot the$$$$$$$$.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 2:51 AM
    popabear:
    Here last year wgt took 20% off the life of the ball's then up the price.
    No they didn't. Honest.
  • TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 3:25 AM

Told you this before.    This cheat  program was 1st spotted over at WGTLS.  Over 2 years ago. During there annual Ryder Cup.        The player Brown is referring to is from WGTLS.             Ever heard the old saying whoever smelt it dealt it.     Any other questions?   Doc   

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 5:00 AM

jayw4862:
    I think so, too. No one should be allowed to play in ANY format if credits are to be won, nor be able to gift or recieve gifts w/o being verified . This would not necessarily cut into WGT's income at all because the majority of the gifters and giftees have not deposited a penny to WGT, so therefore, WGT is not losing any revenue.

I don't think this is true, the credits for equipment have come from somewhere and these are purchased from wgt.  If they are from ready go's or another money tournament others have received less than they could have and then had to purchase/earn more for clubs, balls etc.

What I mean is multi's steal from other players, wgt benefit from them with increased equipment sales and maybe tournament cuts (the 10% or whatever). So wgt is not stealing from players but I suppose it could be possible to suggest what they call "reset" here.  This is not to say they are not trying to stop this, I think they are, the loss to wgt is the integrity of their product and from that probably some customers and advertisers.  

A little thing I think would be good, when it says in activity something like WGTdbloshoe sent the nike RZN Black balls as a gift add to WGTicon and recieved from ...on WGTicon's profile ('tis an example).  Maybe he could even do it to show it working.  

I don't think this would stop multi's, but it may deter a few of the less brazen from gifting to themselves and therefor take away one of the incentives for cheating.  Even if it did no real good it may provide a few chuckles.  

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 6:23 AM

spdemon:

MBaggese:
    I saw the video.

But they did get rid of that fella 

Unless someone who's seen the video reports the player and includes evidence, WGT isn't going to act. Message board threads don't do anything.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 6:37 AM

CerinoDevoti:

spdemon:

MBaggese:
    I saw the video.

But they did get rid of that fella 

Unless someone who's seen the video reports the player and includes evidence, WGT isn't going to act. Message board threads don't do anything.

The video is still up but via private link but the guy in it is no longer on wgt (he was reported by the guy that made the thread but i don't remember who it was now )

RSS