Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 8:50 AM

Very well played USA, a well earned win.

Thanks to Corwyn for the massive amount of work you put into this, it was a fantastic event to take part in.

Also big thanks to Steve and Columbus Storm, Russ if I may, for all their behind the scenes work getting matches organised.   You did a great job.

It was an honour for me to be able to play this, I really hope I can qualify again next year and hopefully put up a rather better showing.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 1:00 PM

Thanks everyone! I also want to extend my thanks to Steve, and in particular to Russ, who has dealt with some extraordinarily long email threads as we've worked on the behind-the-scenes organization.

Just in case people missed it, I did post on Monday the announcement of the start of the UEL Fall Tour, to run for the next 12 weekly single-play UEL tourneys to the end of 2014. The Tour starts with this week's event at Oakmont so don't miss it!

The highest-placing players in the Tour will be our automatic qualifiers for the next event, hopefully early in the new year, perhaps another UEL Ryder Cup or similar-style team event.

I am also lobbying hard to Shoe and Icon to see if WGT will help sponsor prizes for a play-off event for say, the top 20 TL and top 10 L finishers in the Fall Tour standings. Perhaps it could be arranged with links to play only being accessible to a named list of players (as I believe is done with StevenHarkin's special tourneys).

Shoe has shown some interest in this, especially if play-off contenders could be persuaded to stream their rounds on Twitch, so that it's an event that would "reward players playing but also players watching."

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 12:08 PM

congrats to everyone for a well played tournament!

-wgticon

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 5:58 AM

FYI: our final two matches in the event are, ironically enough, likely to tee off at the same time today, Sunday:

ROW Team                 vs          USA

F ::        LOLserver                     vs          ColumbusStorm

K ::       cricketrules                     vs          KyRock75

It looks as if the times the players are working out are going to be noon WGT time for both matches (9pm local for Eric & 3pm for Russ in match F) (8pm local for Jack and 3pm for Rock).

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 6:39 AM

Here, by the way, are some stats from the event: link to spreadsheet here (right-click below, open in new tab to see larger image)

[Edit: fixed Tier errors!]

... and, for anyone who wants to see their overall UEL Ryder Cup record, here's a link to the stats sheet for the inaugural UEL RC in February.

Of the players who've played in both events, only Mags and Russ remain unbeaten (and both have one halved match).

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 8:35 AM

Well, I am not TL ;-)

However, not so important when UEL matches.

Eric

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 8:42 AM

LOLserver:

Well, I am not TL ;-)

And poor Jon has been demoted after his singles performance!! ;-)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 8:46 AM

Oops! Thanks fellas. Was just copying from stats sheet last time around, and didn't take much care with that column. Hopefully the rest is correct! (Tiers should all be right now)

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 1:14 PM

Just finished my match w/ Jack.  Was worth the wait for me just wish the matches had not been already decided.

Jack got off to a slow start and i was on fire early to go 5up thru the first 7 holes. After that it was pretty much evenly played. Thanks to Jack and all the rest of the ROW team. And a big hats off to all my USA team mates.

Special thanks go out to Corwyn and Columbus Storm for putting this event on and putting the effort out to make it happen.

5 and 3 win for Team USA!

Rock

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 1:53 PM

ColumbusStorm vs LOLserver

Hole #1 - both par

Hole #2 - CS chips in for bird  - 1up

Hole #3 - both par - LOL missed 6ft bird

Hole #4 - LOL 7ft par putt, CS misses 7ft par putt - AS

Hole #5 - LOL birds - 1 down  (weird - not on scorecard)

Hole #6 - both par

Hole #7 - CS makes 8ft bird putt - AS

Hole #8 - both par

Hole #9 - CS makes 11ft bird putt - 1 up

Hole #10 - CS makes lucky 28ft bird - 2 up

Hole #11 - LOL makes 11ft bird putt - 1 up

Hole #12 - both par - LOL missed 7.7ft bird - 1 up

Hole #13 - CS 2 putt par, LOL 3 putt bogey - 2 up

Hole #14 - CS makes 6.6ft bird putt - 3 up

Hole #15 - CS makes 13ft bird putt - 4up

ColumbusStorm wins 4 up with 3 to play.

Very enjoyable round with Eric (LOLserver). 

I really enjoy these multi-player team matches.

Congratulations to the USA Team for winning the UEL Ryder Cup.

RSS