Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 2:27 PM

Great win Russ. You played very stable especially the last 9 with great long putts. Enjoyed a lot the match, despite the result ...lol.

Of course, I love this UEL matches and I love playing with gentlemen and having fun on every single shot.

You can have great approaches but you need to put the ball in the hole too.....I just didn't :-(, I left short many putts to win by inches and Russ came very close with the putter for par.

Thanks a lot for keeping up with the scorecard after every single hole Russ, I had my doubts when I saw you taking sooo long time in your shots LOL, but then you explained me about the cards.. :-)

Grats again USA, well deserved victory this time. Hope to be part of the next one too....and play Russ again...grrr!

Eric

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 9:49 PM

Excellent play team USA!  Back in May, Corwyn was concerned that the RC talent was looking too lopsided in favor of ROW.  Boy, was he wrong.  Our captain's picks were fine additions, and the match looked like a toss-up at the beginning.  In the end, everybody contributed towards the victory, and no single player was indispensable.

Thanks to Steve and Russ for their fine whip-crackin' and puzzle-solving, and of course a huge single-malt raised high to Corwyn, one of the community's very finest.

• cricketrules
    1,050 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 8:52 AM

KyRock75:

Just finished my match w/ Jack.  Was worth the wait for me just wish the matches had not been already decided.

Jack got off to a slow start and i was on fire early to go 5up thru the first 7 holes. 

As above (thanks for posting scorecards and all, Rock). The match was pretty much over after we had two contrasting starts, and although it was fairly even from then on I was never going to recover that early deficit. However, it was still great fun to play, and the event as a whole was really great to be involved in :)

Sincerest thank yous go to all those who made it possible, especially Corwyn. You really did do an exemplary job. Hopefully I'll be able to play in whatever the next installment of this series is, as I'm already looking forward to it :)

Jack.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 11:49 AM

Apologies for being absent a couple of days... I've been completely snowed under with projects for my kids' school.

Congrats to Russ and Rock for wrapping up the singles in style for Team USA, making an emphatic final score of Team USA 15.5 - Team ROW 8.5.

FYI: the event Stats sheet is also now updated.

Finally, the Trophy:

Johnny (WigerToods) is just back from a vacation and is getting to work on engraving the trophy, so please expect that soon!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 4:57 PM

And here it is... thank you Johnny for another beautiful trophy, and congratulations to everyone on Team USA for a very impressive win!

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:25 PM

Thank you Johnny (WigerToods), that is a beautiful trophy.

I just had to put it on my profile blog.

Team USA - Congratulations again!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM

Thanks for the kind words, CS -  Kept it traditional (i.e. same as the previous event...lol)

ColumbusStorm:
    Team USA - Congratulations again!

+1 well played one et al.

*whistling*....... USA 1  v  ROW 1

:O)

RSS