Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 7:06 PM

Very funny stuff, you guys!

FYI everyone... the week 2 Foursomes match list is coming very soon.

Apologies for the delay. It has been unusually complicated (read, an unbelievable nightmare!) to go through all the permutations necessary to reach one that will work for all matches.

Stay tuned... and thank you for your patience.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 10:48 AM

Okay, after much pain and suffering, here at last are ...

The week 2 Matches: Please note, several matches have very restricted times/days that they can be played which are noted below.

It will take everyone's best intentions and clear communication to pull this off! Please pay attention to PMs and this thread, and confirm your matches for precise times and be there as scheduled! Real-life may well interfere, but let's all do our very best to make this work. Thanks!

See detailed instructions at the end of this post on What to do next... Please also confirm here in the thread when it is all arranged.

---------------------------------------------

Week 2  (from Thu 9/25 to Mon 10/6):: will be Foursomes (Alt Shot) with a set of six matches to be played over 9 holes (the back 9 this time at Pinehurst #2) with the following conditions:

Pinehurst #2 :: 4-Player Alt Shot :: Ranked Mode :: Back 9 :: Uneven Lies :: 90 second timer :: all other conditions as set by the game lobby

Please note: Matches should end at the 18th, if they haven't ended earlier. You should not play Extra Holes. If match is tied after the 18th hole, then the result is A/S, and each team wins 1/2 pt.

Matches, to be completed by Mon 6th Oct, will be posted here: 

The line-up for the 2nd week 4-Player Foursomes (Alt Shot) matches, to be completed by Mon 6th Oct is as follows: see Chart here

ROW Team                        vs                    USA

A ::      stevereilly & Bonalyau               vs    Devonnnnn & ColumbusStorm

B ::     Corwyn & cricketrules                 vs    BigKnight & CerinoDevoti

C ::     fmagnets & jsweetcr                   vs    mmyers0 & GolferDadRB

D ::     Javiertorg & Dazza501               vs    bhoese & JJ656

E ::     johehejo & FairwayRuepel68      vs   Wesdogg75 & fredsf  

F ::     KonradOse & MainzMan             vs   KyRock75 & iconian

A word on the process here... I followed the set-out procedure for setting up matches (see bottom of page 7 of the thread), starting with 1-1, 2-2 etc of the captains' secret envelopes. But that produced 4 matches that couldn't be played (no overlap amongst all 4 players)... and it was a similar story through the next 6 attempts. I then set up the first two US pairings against the only two ROW pairings that could match them, and tried the remaining four in the same order as they were in the 'secret envelope' -- that didn't work either, and nor did another 4 combinations. I finally gave up on that approach when the only date that worked for mm in a 12 day period didn't work for one other key opponent. Finally, I tried setting mm's match up against the only remaining ROW team that could play him weekday, and then going back to the secret envelope list order for the remaining 3 sets of pairs. This worked!

Suggested dates/times for Matches:

A :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is weekday, between noon-2pm UTC (5am-7am WGT time). It turned out that US alternate Moose's submitted times were wrong, and so Russ is stepping back into the team and the group is playing early (prior to Russ's trip next week). This match will take place tomorrow, Thursday 9/25 at noon UTC (5am WGT time).

Steve (stevereilly): your 1pm local time.

Jean (Bonalyau): your 8pm local time.

Devon (Devonnnnn): your 9:30am local time. 

Russ (ColumbusStorm): your 8am local time. 

---------------------------

B :: This match is already scheduled for Wednesday 10/1, 4:30pm UTC (9:30am WGT time).

Corwyn: your 9:30am local time.

Jack (cricketrules): your 5:30pm local time.

BK (BigKnight) & Cerino (CerinoDevoti): your 12:30pm local time. 

-------------------

C :: Your group only has overlap weekdays from 1:30am-3am UTC (6:30-8pm WGT time), and mm only has Thursday 10/2 and Friday 10/3 available. Hopefully, you can make either of those work for you. If needed, please look at Mon 10/6 as an additional fallback.

Mags (fmagnets): your 10:30pm local time.

Jon (jsweetcr): your 7:30pm local time.

mmyers0 & Ross (GolferDadRB): your 8:30pm local time. 

-------------------

D :: Your group only has overlap at the weekend 9-11pm UTC (2-4pm WGT time), so please aim for this time on Saturday 9/27, or Sunday 9/28.

Javier (javiertorg): your 4pm local time.

Darren (Dazza501): your 10pm local time.

Ben (bhoese) & JJ (JJ656): your 4pm local time.

-------------------

E :: Your group also only has overlap at the weekend 2-10pm UTC (7am-3pm WGT time). However, this weekend Wes is away at a wedding until his mid-afternoon Sunday 9/28. You should try to play as early as is possible for him, e.g. 8:30 or 9pm UTC (1:30-2pm WGT time), so that it doesn't get too late for the "Teutonic Two" -- Wes will text Fred on his drive back to let him know what time will work. If it turns out to be too late, this match should play the following weekend, Saturday 10/4 or Sunday 10/5.

Jorg (johehejo) & Mark (FairwayRuepel68): your 10:30 or 11pm local time, Sunday 9/28.

Wes (Wesdogg75): your 3:30 or 4pm local time, Sunday 9/28, depending on how soon you're back.

Fred (fredsf): your 1:30 or 2pm local time, Sunday 9/28.

-------------------

F :: Your group also only has overlap at the weekend 7-10pm UTC (noon-3pm WGT time), and may have to play Sunday if Rock has Saturday work (note: Icon says he can play even though he's on a well-deserved vacation!). Please aim for 7pm UTC (noon WGT time) on Saturday 9/27, or Sunday 9/28. And please try for this weekend if at all possible, as Mainz can't play the following Saturday for sure.

Konrad (KonradOse) & Mainz (MainzMan): your 9pm local time.

Rock (KyRock75) & Icon (iconian): your 3pm local time.

Here is the Chart in picture form: right-click to open in new tab, (note: it's easier to read in the spreadsheet itself; also the spreadsheet will be constantly updated; it's dynamic, while this pic below is not!)

link to large pic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do next?

Send Friend Requests to your playing partner and your opponents from the other team. Either use this forum thread to confirm your matches via public replies (please quote this post and any relevant replies to make it easier to track), or do it all via PMs. [Always post here in the thread so we know you are scheduled.]

This tourney will not work if you rely on just 'catching your partner and opponents green' -- you must schedule a specific time and date, and be there at that time!

The USA team, as competition leaders, now have the honor, and so should set up the Foursomes (Alt Shot) matches and be the first to tee off. Remember to give some thought as to who should tee off on which holes!

Please designate one player per match (per team as backup) to capture and share scorecard screenshots in the forum thread. Note that there can be an A/S result, which will mean 1/2 point to each team.

Any questions, please ask here!

Thanks, and good luck to everyone, Corwyn

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 11:02 AM

Corwyn:

A :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is weekday, between noon-2pm UTC (5am-7am WGT time). It turned out that US alternate Moose's submitted times were wrong, and so Russ is stepping back into the team and the group is playing early (prior to Russ's trip next week). This match will take place tomorrow, Thursday 9/25 at noon UTC (5am WGT time).

FYI: Russ just emailed me to ask me to post his confirmation that his 8am EST works for him. Steve has also PM'd me his confirmation that he'll be there too, and Devon has said this time should work for him. Just waiting on confirmation from Jean.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 11:38 AM

Corwyn:
    C ::     fmagnets & jsweetcr      vs    mmyers0 & GolferDadRB

C :: Your group only has overlap weekdays from 1:30am-3am UTC (6:30-8pm WGT time), and mm only has Thursday 10/2 and Friday 10/3 available. Hopefully, you can make either of those work for you. If needed, please look at Mon 10/6 as an additional fallback.

Edit: NO! Trying for Friday, 9/26 instead.

Mags (fmagnets): your 10:30pm local time.

Jon (jsweetcr): your 7:30pm local time.

mmyers0 & Ross (GolferDadRB): your 8:30pm local time.

I missed a note from Mags from his form, and he's on a trip 10/3, and also Thursday's are not so good for Jon...

... so we're trying to make this match happen this coming Friday 9/26 instead (at the same times).

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 12:36 PM

I'm good to go in Group B. :)

I assume the ROW Team Is still away on the tee and will be sending the invites? Also, I have no idea how the person who starts the game invites the players so they end up on the correct Team? (I know, if I played with other people I might have learned by now ;))

Was just wondering what's the procedure of invite order? I'm considering some practice games and want to know how to send the invites so the pard I prefer ends up my pard in the game?

~CD~

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 12:40 PM

Corwyn:

FYI: Russ just emailed me to ask me to post his confirmation that his 8am EST works for him. Steve has also PM'd me his confirmation that he'll be there too, and Devon has said this time should work for him. Just waiting on confirmation from Jean.

Hit a snafu here, as Jean has a restaurant date at that time tomorrow (courtesy of his wife!). I've just PM'd all concerned to see if they can play today, i.e. in 2.5hrs from now, instead.

If that doesn't work, I think we'll have missed the only window that still works for Russ... and perhaps have to defer to Mon 10/6.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 2:57 PM

Okay, it looks like the boat has sailed on the unlikely chance of Match A playing tonight... so instead, Russ has suggested he can be flexible enough to play at his 8am during his vacation.

Let's try for Monday, 9/29. (And if that doesn't work, we'll have to go with Monday, 10/6.)

• KonradOse
    221 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 3:19 PM

It doesn't make a huge difference for me whether we are playing on saturday or sunday 7pm UTC. So it's up to you guys...any preferences?

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 5:30 PM

Corwyn:

Okay, it looks like the boat has sailed on the unlikely chance of Match A playing tonight... so instead, Russ has suggested he can be flexible enough to play at his 8am during his vacation.

Let's try for Monday, 9/29. (And if that doesn't work, we'll have to go with Monday, 10/6.)

My apologies Corwyn,  I stepped away from WGT for the evening so missed the pm. I'm all good for Monday though

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 6:30 PM

Sunday @ the designated time will work for me. I'll wait for Wes's text message and let all the group know if this old guy will be able to make it on time or not.

RSS