• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 2:02 PM

Stats are added to my previous post

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 2:07 PM

Details, details...

1) A tailwind let us all use our shortest wedges.  I punched mine close, we were all within birdie range.  johehejo was away and led off a beautiful 17-footer.

2)  Everybody was safely on in a helping headwind.  FR and I had dueling 9.2 footers. Mine was the straighter one, aimed at the edge of the cup and rolled it in for the 1 up.

3)  A nice little group around the hole.

4) Shot of the round with a 3 iron for the easiest birdie putt I've ever had on that damn hole, but FR countered with a sweet 22-footer.

5)  Although it was reachable, none of us managed to get an eagle look.  I missed short and left, Devon and FR played in the sand, and johehejo rolled off the left side.  Once on, I had to male a 4.6 foot curly nerve-checker to counter J's beautiful up.

6)  We were all on safely and the Teutonic Two had good looks at birdie.  I made a 22.7 foot fist-pumper.  When johehejo slid his 8.2 footer past it was 2 up for USA with 3 to go. 

7) My birdie streak was more or less doomed after I made a poor choice in the tempting 1:30 wind off the tee and my early miss found brush.  J hit driver over the trees, but long into a bunker, then D and FR sensibly served 3Ws into the fairway.  Blue tees and a tailwind aren't much help here...pars all around and USA goes dormie.

8)  I thought my 15 footer FTW was in until it wasn't.  johehejo drained a 12 foot bird to extend the match.

9)  All for of us were safe again, but nobody had a gimme in front of him.  Devon, putting first, clinched the USA victory with a 19-footer.  

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 3:51 PM

Corwyn:

It would be very helpful if you could let us know of any schedule changes, or particular days that will or won't work for you in the period Sat 9/27-Mon 10/6.

I can't play on Saturday Sept 27th at all.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 3:54 PM

Congrats Ben and Devon on your win! Kyrock and Iconian, 1/2 point is always great  bonus when the team has the lead.

1 game remaining...GO Bigknight and CD!!!!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 5:33 PM

Great to hear Team USA has been romping along this weekend. Not sure if there's more or less pressure on BK and I. We have a lot to live up to and I know our ROW opponents are Stone Cold Killers.

I just hope everyone turns up at the appointed time and we get off the first tee without a hitch. Also, I hope the group doesn't leave me behind and play through without me. I've had great practice rounds of 28 and terrible of 36. The wind and my putting making all the difference. Fast and loose boys.... ;)

~CD~

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 6:14 PM

We have a lot to live up to and I know our ROW opponents are Stone Cold Killers.

Not gonna nitpick but i know there's only one StoneColdKiller and he ain't playing in this Ryder Cup!

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 10:07 PM

Great weekend for the USA Team, did not lose a match. Nice playing team.

BigKnight and CerinoDevoti have their work cut for them against fmagnets and jsweetcr.

Good Luck and Go USA!

I will be trying to create pairings for the Alt Shot round soon. If there are any requests to play or not to play with a specific player please pm me. 

The following pairs are currently assigned for the AS round:

KyRock75 and iconian 

Wesdogg75 and fredsf

Just fyi, I (ColumbusStorm) will not be scheduled to play in the AS round but could be available as an alternate.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 4:26 AM

ColumbusStorm:
    Great weekend for the USA Team, did not lose a match. Nice playing team.

Indeed, well played USA.

One match at a time ROW chaps - think Medinah - 19 points still up for grabs.

GO ROW!

:)

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 6:43 AM

Corwyn:

Heads up, everyone... Captains are already starting to think about pairings for the week 2 series of Foursomes matches.

It would be very helpful if you could let us know of any schedule changes, or particular days that will or won't work for you in the period Sat 9/27-Mon 10/6. Please reference the times you are shown as being available in this sheet here (and especially, the notes you've already submitted at the far right of the sheet).

Thank you!

I won't be available Saturday the 27th either, unfortunately. I could squeeze the A/S into an evening (US time) or else I'll have to sit this week out.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 7:24 AM

CerinoDevoti:

Great to hear Team USA has been romping along this weekend. Not sure if there's more or less pressure on BK and I. We have a lot to live up to and I know our ROW opponents are Stone Cold Killers.

I just hope everyone turns up at the appointed time and we get off the first tee without a hitch. Also, I hope the group doesn't leave me behind and play through without me. I've had great practice rounds of 28 and terrible of 36. The wind and my putting making all the difference. Fast and loose boys.... ;)

~CD~

lol....don't worry partner....you'll be great...I have NO doubt :)

see you at high noon!

=bk=

RSS