Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • JJ656
    1,858 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 6:32 PM

For the group D guys:  I'm good Saturday or Sunday at the 9pm UTC(4pm my time).  

It'll be Minnesota against ROW(maybe we'll have Sam caddy for good luck too).

Let me know what you guys think.

JJ.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 6:37 PM

No problem Steve. It was a long shot anyway, extremely unlikely that you would all come online early to see this is an option (or all feel prepared to play it, lol!)

Seems like Monday 9/29 should work for everyone. Hopefully, you can get it confirmed between you all.

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 6:39 PM

Corwyn:

Corwyn:
    C ::     fmagnets & jsweetcr      vs    mmyers0 & GolferDadRB

C :: Your group only has overlap weekdays from 1:30am-3am UTC (6:30-8pm WGT time), and mm only has Thursday 10/2 and Friday 10/3 available. Hopefully, you can make either of those work for you. If needed, please look at Mon 10/6 as an additional fallback.

Edit: NO! Trying for Friday, 9/26 instead.

Mags (fmagnets): your 10:30pm local time.

Jon (jsweetcr): your 7:30pm local time.

mmyers0 & Ross (GolferDadRB): your 8:30pm local time.

I missed a note from Mags from his form, and he's on a trip 10/3, and also Thursday's are not so good for Jon...

... so we're trying to make this match happen this coming Friday 9/26 instead (at the same times).

I think that works. Hopefully no one has scheduled out my Friday evening yet.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 6:59 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    I'm good to go in Group B. :)

I assume the ROW Team Is still away on the tee and will be sending the invites? Also, I have no idea how the person who starts the game invites the players so they end up on the correct Team? (I know, if I played with other people I might have learned by now ;))

Was just wondering what's the procedure of invite order? I'm considering some practice games and want to know how to send the invites so the pard I prefer ends up my pard in the game?

~CD~

Thanks for the confirmation, Cerino!

You must have added to your original post here... I almost missed your question (which is a good one for us all to understand!).

It will be the USA team who now have the honor for the second series of matches, as they are leading the competition. (I believe that's how it's done in the real Ryder Cup?; I'll be watching closely this weekend to see if that's true.)

And, the procedure for figuring out who tees off first within each team is explained in the FAQ (my emphasis below):

How are the teams made?

The creator of the game invites 3 other people to play, then chooses a partner from one of those players to form Team Green. The remaining 2 players form Team Gold, and the representative for Team Gold gets to choose who will tee off first for their team. The creator of the game will always tee off first for Team Green.

What are the rules for Alternate Shot?

Whoever tees off first for the team will tee off on all of the odd numbered holes (1,3,5 etc.). Their partner will tee off on the even numbered holes (2,4,6 etc,).

In our case this will be holes 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 for the first player on each team, and 11, 13, 15, 17 for their partner.

Hope that makes it all clear!

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Wed, Sep 24 2014 8:01 PM

KonradOse:

It doesn't make a huge difference for me whether we are playing on saturday or sunday 7pm UTC. So it's up to you guys...any preferences?

Sunday is prolly the best. Icon said he preferred Sunday and i will be @ a company golf scramble on Saturday for most of the day. Hope this works for all.

Rock

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 4:48 AM

I'm also easy whether Saturday or Sunday.  It looks like Sunday is the preferred day so I'll be online at 8pm my time.

Looking forward to it, gonna be tough against you guys but we'll give it our best shot.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 4:55 AM

Corwyn:
    F ::     KonradOse & MainzMan             vs   KyRock75 & iconian

-------------------

F :: Your group also only has overlap at the weekend 7-10pm UTC (noon-3pm WGT time), and may have to play Sunday if Rock has Saturday work (note: Icon says he can play even though he's on a well-deserved vacation!). Please aim for 7pm UTC (noon WGT time) on Saturday 9/27, or Sunday 9/28. And please try for this weekend if at all possible, as Mainz can't play the following Saturday for sure.

*** UPDATE: confirmed for Sunday 9/28 at 7pm UTC (noon WGT time) ***

Konrad (KonradOse) & Mainz (MainzMan): your 9pm local time.

Rock (KyRock75) & Icon (iconian): your 3pm local time.

Hooray! Match F is confirmed for Sunday 9/28 at 7pm UTC (noon WGT time).

Thanks guys!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 5:55 AM

MainzMan:

I'm also easy whether Saturday or Sunday.  It looks like Sunday is the preferred day so I'll be online at 8pm my time.

Sorry, meant 9pm.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 3:22 PM

stevereilly , moosetaya and myself are all green now waiting for BONALYAU

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Sep 25 2014 3:29 PM

Corwyn:

Okay, it looks like the boat has sailed on the unlikely chance of Match A playing tonight... so instead, Russ has suggested he can be flexible enough to play at his 8am during his vacation.

Let's try for Monday, 9/29. (And if that doesn't work, we'll have to go with Monday, 10/6.)

Steve (stevereilly): your 1pm local time.

Jean (Bonalyau): your 8pm local time.

Devon (Devonnnnn): your 9:30am local time. 

Russ (ColumbusStorm): your 8am local time.

Note that Match A is making a valiant attempt to try and get this match played today/tonight if possible, perhaps in half an hour from this post, or as soon as Jean comes online.

Devon is not available, and Moose is stepping in for the US.

Edit: It should be said that we are hoping Jean will come online at a time when he sometimes does. He mixed up his AMs and PMs in a response (which could just be a typo), and so is not (as far as we know) expecting to play right now. In other words, this is not a no-show situation!

If this doesn't work, Russ will drop out and Devon and Moose will try and make it work on Monday 9/29.

RSS