Forums

Help › Forums

If you cannot beat them, join them !

Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:05 PM (97 replies)
  • pinee
    71 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 5:23 AM

I'm sure WGT don't know about this, I do hope they try and stamp it out tho ... I took a look at the site and at the bottom of the web page was this disclaimer.

Disclaimer - Shot Master is an independent standalone 3rd party software program developed to help WGT Golfers of all skill levels to achieve more enjoyable WGT Golf Game experiences.  Shot Master is not an offical product of World Golf Tour Inc., or any other Company  providing online virtual golf games for which Shot Master program can be used. 

Also this has nothing to do with the VGG caddy ruler thing . on the site the fella doing the talking recommends to download VGG caddy to use with it.

This is just wrong this thing, why play the game, if it ding's for you then your not playing the game the software is playing it for you.

30 second games for me from now on

Dave

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 5:35 AM

^^^ Chad ^^^

Doc :)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 5:39 AM

TNP56:

LOLserver:
    ....I swear, if I could DING EVERY SINGLE SHOT, I would be winning many, I mean many tournaments!!!

Hey Eric how are ya...?    on that comment , just because IF YOU could ding EVERY SHOT doesn't mean your going to win a lot more.......there is still the art of putting involved -----but that's my way of looking at it......and hit me up sometime for a game it would be a fun one .   Thanks

This is a very mathematical game, unfortunately, estimation plays a much bigger part in the Uneven Lies and that is why I love them so much, anyways that is not the issue here.

I do not need the calculation thing (& I'm not trying to play a d.i.c.k) lol TNP, believe me, I can see that every time I ding my ball lands within 5 feet of the hole in the approach or if putting right in the hole or within a couple of inches even in champ greens. So the mathematics are in place....NOT the ding. Therefore I would certainly win many tournaments if I could ding all my shots

Are top players using this or other "auto-dinger" cheat?....that is none of my business, but I could imagine some or many are...why not?, it is not illegal and nobody can probe that especially when playing on YOUR OWN stroke matches/tournaments.

The bigger problem is that WGT can not control what is installed in your pc/ipad/iphone that make you ding, calculations, etc, etc to get better scores.

If you can sell balls with slow meter, more bs, more distance, etc why not selling and auto-dinger too?, still all hacks, amateur, pros, master & TM would have to figure out the mathematical part of the game and with time & experience be a much better player. I suppose all players with level over 90 have the maths more or less in control.

I'll hit you TNP whenever I see you available. Regards

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 5:51 AM

pinee:

This is just wrong this thing, why play the game, if it ding's for you then your not playing the game the software is playing it for you.

30 second games for me from now on

Dave

You nail it Dave....the less timer, the less chances for players to use the cheat.

This is weird but I played a random alternate some days ago... I normally see the other players stats to have an idea of who I am playing with and against.

My legend partner was using 80 secs every time his turn...and he was hitting the ball EXTREMELLY well and landing the ball just so bloody close to the hole all the time. My p had not great stats at all.

I made a remark at the beginning of our match when I though my p was out of the game because his hitting timer was just close to 90 secs, me saying "are u there p"?, he was there.

After his great shot and my "gs p", my p said "Thx p, that is why"....??!!

Was he using the cheat??..who knows, but it was just very strange to see he was playing fantastic according to his stats & taking at least 80 secs on every shot.

Eric

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 6:09 AM

I don't see ads but someone needs to takee a screenshot and send it to WGT. I bet they don't know it's there. They sell the ad space.

• pinee
    71 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 6:40 AM

LOLserver:

I made a remark at the beginning of our match when I though my p was out of the game because his hitting timer was just close to 90 secs, me saying "are u there p"?, he was there.

After his great shot and my "gs p", my p said "Thx p, that is why"....??!!

Was he using the cheat??..who knows, but it was just very strange to see he was playing fantastic according to his stats & taking at least 80 secs on every shot.

Eric

I wouldn't be surprised if your p was using it Eric.. i mean most of us, esp legend's and tour legends, have a pretty good idea what to hit when a shot come's up.

Click zoom, move marker , click zoom back, pick your weapon and hit the ball. Don't take 80 sec's or more to do that ,unless he put the kettle on or took a pee every shot..LOL

Dave 

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 7:04 AM

I was gonna complain that wgt mods havent bothered to respond, but see this is a thread from today. 

If this is undetectable, and I assume it is, it will ruin any of the credit events that wgt puts on. 

Luckily, most here play for the competition and the comradery of the Country Clubs so it won't effect many - but I suppose it would not be long until the shot master will enter the clubs. 

If wgt doesn't address this quickly (if they can even do that) they will lose revenue from balls potentially. 

Personally, I like the "nerves" I feel when I have to hit a 240 yard shot with a right to left wind at #18 at Congo - to KNOW that I am not going to ever miss a ding would make this game a struggle enjoyment wise just to win some imaginary credits. 

I enjoy the bracket tourneys, I hope that this does not invade them - as I already avoid the RGs. 

Doc

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 7:10 AM

I've now sent the e-mail to members@wgt.com   . My original thought was that 
    WGT is renowned for being so bad at responding to e-mail  ,     it would get a quicker response if I posted in the  forum. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 7:24 AM

I just got the ad too on the home page. Obviously this is thrown up randomly by google ads as being relevant to WGT. Icon will be on it as soon as he comes online today. FWIW, there is only one 'top' player I think uses something like this (just my opinion based on observation, and I won't say who it is because I have no evidence). Pinehurst is an easy course if you are dinging well, yet 55 was the best score we saw in the VUSO, and every single player had at least one poor round. I feel a good player with an auto-dinger would have stood out like a sore thumb amongst those scores.

RSS