Forums

Help › Forums

If you cannot beat them, join them !

Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:05 PM (97 replies)
  • TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:28 AM

Let me run this by you and then maybe you will understand more.    This in my eyes is where the game changed forever.   

Ok so the Elite Packages came out in the WGT Pro Shop.   Within these Elite Gifts and Prizes You clearly see a $250 amazon gift card available.   As well as some other great prizes.   

Now this is where they went wrong.   See their is something flying around right now where some of the top golfers have figured how to turn the credits they have into cash.  

This is how. 

1st-   They get verified.

2nd-    They build in credits either in Ready-gos-  Big Monthly tourneys which pay big credits,  Brackets Play , Skins and MPC.    Mostly in Ready-Gos so others cannot spot them using a cheat.     

3rd-   Once they get enough credits they purchase the Amazon Gifts Card.  Which is just like cash.    

Now I have been telling you all for months.   The game has been compromised and someone is going out of their way to produce these cheats. 

Amazon gift cards are just like cash.

I give you an example.  My son wants a new  PS4 gaming system for Christmas this year.  The PS4 costs $400 on Amazon brand new.    So I need 2 Amazon gift cards to be able to bye it. 

This offers a great temptation to these cheats.   I mean basically now they are able to turn the credits they get into cash.   

They can now save themselves money by simply cheating here.   Amazon offers just about everything you can imagine for sale now a days.    If you built enough credits to be able to purchase these Gift Cards.    In reality you can save more money in your own pocket  every year.   I spend thousands of dollars every Christmas for family and friends. 

If you had a chance to save money in your own pocket every year by cheating here wouldn't you do it?     Again this offers a great temptation to these Computer Savvy players who basically are Computer Software Geeks.  And sooner or later will find a way.     

This is in my opinion where the game went wrong.    Just the other day I saw a player mention how they couldn't wait for WGT to offer American Express Gift Cards as Gifts in the Elite part of the Pro Shop.     This would be a huge mistake.  As then people would be able to withdraw actual cash from an ATM with those Cards.

As said before Someone is going above and beyond to create these cheats for WGT.  

When you offer prizes in which are basically cash  you open a whole new can of worms.    You get some real dedicated players who want to achieve a goal of a Amazon Gift Card.  Then you have those who exploit the issue.      Either way Goodluck  Doc    

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:44 AM

Wontonamo:
    Have you played against or with a fellow WGT Golfer that hit every fairway and green in regulation and made Birdies and Eagles on a consisent basis?  Did you think that this WGT Golfer is cheating, or simply a much better golfer than you?

I notice you have the occasional 26, 27 and 28's in ready go's. I think you're better than me, probably.

The whole post is a convoluted justification for this cheat.  What would be the point of using it in practice (very much against the rules) and then playing your games without it? Hitting the ding is a large part of what you need to learn, surely you want to practice as you play.

Wontonamo:
    However, we don't consider that using Shot Master is cheating

Does "we" mean you work for the company that sells this?

Now not just the first ad' but now allowing this one allowed to be on the forum, does seem strange. 

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:57 AM

i cut and pasted that from the site FAQ, cos i found it funny.

i do get good rounds occassionally, which is pretty normal given the state of deviations in this game. however u would be hard pressed to find more than 1 good score a day from my fingers, i have seen people just pound out 25s 26s 53s 54s one after the other on a daily basis, sometimes 10-12 rounds in a  row per day.

i have nothing to do with this company.

however if wgt has something to do with this company........well somethings not right.

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:17 AM

W G T...... is a business to generate money & cash---shareholders or not.

So if the PRICE IS RIGHT .....anything goes.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:22 AM

Second this GREAT found Steve.

I have always wondering why WGT was not selling this kind of "products" in the shop....very expensive tho, so no complains from players who do not ding all the time....just like me.

WGT relays on flash to play the game but gezzzz... there are huge amount of nerds in the net that can easily create this programs and make them "non violate" any game rule.

....I swear, if I could DING EVERY SINGLE SHOT, I would be winning many, I mean many tournaments!!!

Hope WGT finds a solution & either stop cheating or simply join those guys and offer such products in the shop.

Eric

• popabear
    302 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:34 AM

I think WGT knows there cheats out there. I had a tour legend send me . wss.4t.com  Just a helper to hit ding.I know people get tired of skippy meters and lost ball's all the time.The cost of balls is over the hill and clubs for a pc game.Anything help you save money i say go for it. I get some extra money im going to try something.Will anyway good hitting all.

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:51 AM

LOLserver:
    ....I swear, if I could DING EVERY SINGLE SHOT, I would be winning many, I mean many tournaments!!!

Hey Eric how are ya...?    on that comment , just because IF YOU could ding EVERY SHOT doesn't mean your going to win a lot more.......there is still the art of putting involved -----but that's my way of looking at it......and hit me up sometime for a game it would be a fun one .   Thanks

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:52 AM

Wontonamo:

i cut and pasted that from the site FAQ, cos i found it funny.

i do get good rounds occassionally, which is pretty normal given the state of deviations in this game. however u would be hard pressed to find more than 1 good score a day from my fingers, i have seen people just pound out 25s 26s 53s 54s one after the other on a daily basis, sometimes 10-12 rounds in a  row per day.

i have nothing to do with this company.

however if wgt has something to do with this company........well somethings not right.

You could have said it was a quotation that in your previous post.  As to scores, ditto.  I can shoot 30/60 hitting the ding less than 1 times in 2 (probably considerably less) so I'm not surprised at what better players can do.

Perhaps the original poster is from the company.  Was funny; the three possibilities I could see for the "we" were; the one I went for, you are Royal or you were speaking with the one voice of the CC.

Don't think it's much to do with wgt, it would cost more, I reckon it's as donsprintr said (ad' service, though very careless).  Imagine what they could charge if it does as advertised and they sold something similar officially.   Not that I'm suggesting it.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:58 AM

ps: I just decided to try the weekly 9 hole on congressional and got an advert offering "try shot master for free". 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 5:15 AM

OK this may explain the consistency of some of these players, but I just went to utube and typed in  Shot Master and came up with nothing .

So something is very fishy here 

RSS