If you cannot beat them, join them !

Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:05 PM (97 replies)
  • rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:23 PM

mbcarp99:

rockinroland:

mkg335:

Jim, you may very well be right about the advantage gained in RG's, which I've avoided like the plague since I've been here...played one last year if memory serves...I just don't see the need for the top players to use a program like this.  Now with newcomers, low-level sandbaggers and the like, might be a different case.

In the case of the top players, it doesn't seem to me that this program is doing anything they aren't already doing as far as intricate calculations and such.  Maybe it offers an advantage as far as dinging, I really don't know.

There's much irony in their disclaimer, something to the effect that it's only to be used for "fun games" but not games for credits.  In the end I think one probably gets what one pays for in more ways than one.

A DING IS EVRYTHING!!!!  Even WGT says how important a ding is. So much so if ding is missed by 1 pixel the shot will be 4 to 6 yards short. So with basic match skills a player using shot master hitting dings will be 2 yards or less every shot
    I will bet my house that most of if not all players shooting 55 are using software. I have been here almost 5 years and still cant get any better than WGT will allow me. 

I don't understand your logic there, 'most players shooting 55 are using software', but i assume you with your best score of 57 are not, so you are the best player on here and anyone shooting a better score than you is cheating right!!!!

you tell me Pay close attention to the third and forth paragraph and this coming from the maker of shot master
     Is using Shot Master cheating when playing WGT Golf?

Answer: Shot Master is a legal 3rd Party Software that does not violate any registered trademarks or laws, but may be considered cheating when playing WGT Golf Games, especially if used in tournament play.  For that reason, we recommend that Shot Master be used solely for Fun in games that don't result in you winning WGT Credits or leveling up by shooting lower scores in tournaments. 

However, we don't consider that using Shot Master is cheating, bur simply leveling the playing field.  Do you really think that some WGT Golfers are able to shoot average scores in the low 50's without using some sort of tool to help them hit the ding consistently?  To do this, they must birdie every hole (e.g. 72 -18 = 54), and make an eagle occassionally to make up for missing a birdie putt.

Have you played against or with a fellow WGT Golfer that hit every fairway and green in regulation and made Birdies and Eagles on a consisent basis?  Did you think that this WGT Golfer is cheating, or simply a much better golfer than you? 

Most likey, that WGT Golfer was using Shot Master or some other tool when playing WGT Golf.  Consequently, we offer Shot Master as a tool for you to use when playing WGT Golf for Fun and to play more consistent golf and let you decide if it is cheating or not to use Shot Master.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:25 PM

As far as rockinroland's bet, I want in on that action...it's just another baseless accusation that only serves to betray the shortcomings of the accuser.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:32 PM

rockinroland:

you tell me Pay close attention to the third paragraph and this coming from the maker of shot master
     Is using Shot Master cheating when playing WGT Golf?

Answer: Shot Master is a legal 3rd Party Software that does not violate any registered trademarks or laws, but may be considered cheating when playing WGT Golf Games, especially if used in tournament play.  For that reason, we recommend that Shot Master be used solely for Fun in games that don't result in you winning WGT Credits or leveling up by shooting lower scores in tournaments. 

However, we don't consider that using Shot Master is cheating, bur simply leveling the playing field.  Do you really think that some WGT Golfers are able to shoot average scores in the low 50's without using some sort of tool to help them hit the ding consistently?  To do this, they must birdie every hole (e.g. 72 -18 = 54), and make an eagle occassionally to make up for missing a birdie putt.

Have you played against or with a fellow WGT Golfer that hit every fairway and green in regulation and made Birdies and Eagles on a consisent basis?  Did you think that this WGT Golfer is cheating, or simply a much better golfer than you? 

Most likey, that WGT Golfer was using Shot Master or some other tool when playing WGT Golf.  Consequently, we offer Shot Master as a tool for you to use when playing WGT Golf for Fun and to play more consistent golf and let you decide if it is cheating or not to use Shot Master.

(emphasis mine)

A perfect example of what I meant by baseless accusation.  So rockinroland, you want us to accept the testimony of a person who designs cheat software?  I hope you realize that you're asking us to believe the word of a most untrustworthy source.

Think before you post.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:33 PM

This is where it all gets ridiculous.  Some players are just very good.  

Hitting every Fway and GIR in this game is hardly hard anyway.  Getting to a spot on the green for more very makeable putts is the tricky bit, and some putt better anyway.  People like Fmags I have no doubt are entirely genuine.  Naturally gifted and L108...Geez I am not as gifted but even I know playing a course over and over means you shoot lower more consistently.  

Nonetheless the SW is sinister as it (if it works as shown) has every potential for a two (even more) shot swing for many players.  Head out of sand reality is some cheat, and will be using any method to do so which is why we have testing in many things.  This game has no testing, and the dark shadow that's cast (on several levels of the game) is very unfortunate at best.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:34 PM

rockinroland:

you tell me Pay close attention to the third and forth paragraph and this coming from the maker of shot master

And don't you think the maker of Shot Master has a vested interest in convincing you that everyone but you is cheating? It seems their marketing strategy is finding it's mark.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:47 PM

There is 1 thing that disturbs me about your Utube video Mags.......Why the hell do you have that silly clapping sound on,when you make a Birdie LMAO you an Egotist :)

Russell

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 3:49 PM

There's also this to consider...

I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of us, probably over 99% of us, play this game to enjoy the challenge of improving against some fairly difficult odds, probably even more the case when it comes to the very top players.

Take away that challenge by using what amounts to bot software, and you've removed the joy from the game, and therefore, the motivation to play.

As in all aspects of life, a small minority will lie and cheat to get their needs met, but this is unavoidable and just comes naturally to some; but these blanket accusations being tossed about are useless, patently false, and betray a lack of understanding of human nature in general.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:05 PM

I think this discussion has ran its course.

Thanks everyone for contributing :)

-WGTicon

RSS