Help › Forums

If you cannot beat them, join them !

Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:05 PM (97 replies)
  • rollone
    772 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:06 AM

PaulTon:

BamBam73:
     I shot a 58 at St. Andrews in the first round of the July tournament and did not even make the cut.

And...your point is?

it made him sick?

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:09 AM

We're aware of the ad and program and are currently working on resolving this issue for our players. 

Please do not click on this ad. Any players using this program will of course be found and actions will be taken on their accounts. We do appreciate the players who reported this matter to us. 

When we have more information on the matter we'll let everyone know. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

-WGTyphoon

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:11 AM

With all this talk about cheating and whatnot, it made me think of something else...

Who is ready for some College Football?

LMAO

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:25 AM

1. @ Bam quick.  Unlimited play 58 is good at Andys (assuming not high wind at L level and even then....), but not a surprise loads inside with or without software.  Sorry dude but that proves nothing.  I get it's annoying, and possibly 1 or 3 goes go versus more to qualify to a genuine player, but that's the extent of it.

2. At the OP.

Steve I appreciate it found you, and also your reasons for bringing it to forum.  I applaud that.

3. I used to be against discussion on cheat SW but I have changed.  This is out there and cheats will find it and ignoring is head in the sand IMO.  I googled the video and found it easily.  I only watched the first hole but that was enough.  The guy making the video was not too bright, and left his approach high.  He would not make many of those putts consistently enough with this SW or any other highlighted these forums (I know of no others).

However, this is VERY VERY SINISTER SW.  In the hands of majority of good players this is 2 - 3 shots difference over 18 some courses.  It won't putt for you, and you would need to be a good player anyway to really get the ahem "reward".   In RGs / big one's where it's tight at the top this is HUGE, and it's hard to over emphasise how HUGE.  Game exploding huge IMO.

Do top players use it? Well we do not know.  Sadly reality tells us that in any activity some will cheat, and that's why they are tested.  Reality tells us that there could (not will) be a name or two involved, and that's a sad cloud over the game.

Very frustrating.  I have OK days and good days.  Were I to have this SW I would have VERY good days appreciably more.

It WILL NOT turn a mediocre player into a v good player as it really is about putting in the end.  BUT it does seem the game is defenseless to THE VERY thing that cuts to the centre in the hands of an already very competent player. Yep this one really could change things near the top on occassion. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:52 AM

WGTyphoon:

Please do not click on this ad. 

How about clicking on the ad many, many times instead? If the advertiser has to pay per click-through, we could cost them a fortune!!

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 10:54 AM

well - it'll be interesting to see if wgt is willing to dump a large # of players - assuming it's true many are using it - we shall see who goes 'poof' in the night lol

• rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 11:09 AM

Really!? wgt says dont click on it,  lmfao. this is something they have known about, either that or they are as dumb as rocks. 
    Putting? you think that putting makes the difference,well very little when you can stick every shot 2 yards or less. 
    and as far a 30 second clock, it  wont stop the use of the software. Once programed it takes only a few seconds to do the math and hit the shot.. 
    . And as long as WGT stays in beta and uses flash there are going to be cheats

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 11:10 AM

Can WGT make something to detect the using of the cheat either on stroke or online?. I have my doubts although I really hope they do. There have been other cheats before and WGT has not had a fix for it.

A "hot potato"?...very hot.

This issue could change the game dramatically and we, all members, could pay for it.

Flash is smart, but also has its limitations. I really wish this game was more "intuitive" than technical, so cheats like this would not be possible.

Eric

• Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 11:23 AM

Dont click on the add !!!!! What a frigging joke, everybody knows now how the program is called and we all know how to work google.

Furthermore, the cat is once more out of the bag, pandora's box is once more opened and again we are making aware of the fact cheating software for the virtual golf game of WGT is out there and is being used

This can go 3 ways:

1) nothing happens, WGT does nothing about it, more people are going to use it and more people are going to shoot very low on a regular base

2) WGT will come up with not only a detection program, but also with some kind of cheatblocker, that immediately shuts your game down if you are a user, and losing that way credits put in

3) Everybody gets a ding when he or she wants to; point is of course that it should not be automatic for instance if putting, when you use the click putt technique

But in this case the whole system is equal for everyone and only the math you work with will make a difference

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Aug 19 2014 11:39 AM

Covenant:
    if putting, when you use the click putt technique

I wonder if you can set it up to "fire" where you want on the line?  Not going to look obviously.

Regardless this one really gets worse more I think about it.  A competent player who knows the greens (unlike the idiot doing the demo at the very first hole) can just roll up somewhere safe and usually not far.  Never again missing a ding on a 15 foot mostly straight putt etc. to a competent player is as huge as never missing (when it counts and a competent player knows) for approaches.  

Game exploding sinister this one.

If WGT were very confident their game was secure they would advertise such IMO.  This one really does suk.

EDIT: Look no offense to anyone but enough things during the week give me a headache, and this game remains a fun outlet only.  Some want to take it more seriously / gifted enough to do so / whatever all fine, but "knowing" the field is skewed (and with this one it really is).well.................

RSS