Forums

Help › Forums

WAKE UP WGT FFS

Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:47 AM (181 replies)
  • SkySlicer
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 11:35 AM

i know what u mean!!  some of the stuff on this site seems almost impossible.

I see hacks that join maybe a couple of weeks ago posting unbelievable scores.

ok maybe this can be done by people using different accounts who know how to play the game. But to go and look at their profile and they are using the bog standard free clubs and balls and hitting eagles and birdies left right and centre, just doesnt seem right.

how can this be possible?  and for normal people playing this game seeing that......

trying to work your way up spending money to better your equipment etc.. how the fck are you supposed to compete with that? what is the point really?

the game isnt fair. It needs fixed, because that *** just puts people off.

unbelievable really.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 12:19 PM

The idea of so many RRs before you can play for credits seems a solid safeguard, and easy to implement.  Won't solve everything but a good weapon.

Verification does not seem to be making much difference, just going by those couple of accounts mentioned.  I am not verified and see no reason to push for this as I can't see anything in return.  If I ever jag a sweepstakes something they can have my details with pleasure.

That new tier is something I support, and if done correctly could encourage genuine players IMO.  Other threads laying down my thought's on that.  By definition it would also serve as another anti cheat / multi mechanism IMO.

As I see it WGT are doing about the very minimum they must do to stave off compliance audits. Nothing they have offered so far seeks to address any cause, just deal with a few symptoms in a minimalist way.  

The short term profits without regard to the long run is something more than one even large corporation has regretted before, but IMO that's a gamble WGT are taking.  In fairness flash is not helpful for any of this, and it's unreasonable to expect that platform to change over night.  

Corporate decisions to be made, but from a players perspective this place needs to be treated for what it is if you are wise. Shame, but where it is at IMO. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 12:27 PM

SkySlicer:

ok maybe this can be done by people using different accounts who know how to play the game. But to go and look at their profile and they are using the bog standard free clubs and balls and hitting eagles and birdies left right and centre, just doesnt seem right.

how can this be possible?

Once you have a good feel for the game, say when you are a Legend or TL...heck, even a solid TM...it's pretty easy to go back to the Red Tees with starter gear and shoot under par...now think back to when you started playing...how long (if at all) did it take you to just shoot par with starter gear?

This is what the Multi-Accounters do...pretty much fleece the legitimate players...in tourney's or MPC.

SkySlicer:
    trying to work your way up spending money to better your equipment etc.. how the fck are you supposed to compete with that? what is the point really?

That's the 64 dollar question...best suggestion I tell anyone who starts (if they ask) is to play the free tourneys with starter gear until you get to a high enough level to buy some good equipment...then learn the new equipment and try to compete then.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 1:16 PM

pb1711:

fmagnets:
    I have floated the idea already to WGT of only letting players win credits once they have been verified

Not sure that this would work, I think it's a good idea, but at the same time I have seen that some of the biggest multis are "verified"

Of course it is not too hard for someone to 'borrow' a friend's account or ID to get verified. But after a few goes these run out - and that is the end for that multi-accounter. They could start as many new accounts as they wanted at that point, but with nobody left to tap for an ID, they would not be able to make any credits. Or rather than saying no credits can be won, just limit it to 25cr per tourney until verification has been passed. Genuine players starting out can still compete for enough credits to win ball costs then, but a multi cannot scoop a big haul without being able to produce an ID. Maybe this would work without disenfranchising real new customers, IDK. 

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:00 PM

As I understand the verification process, it requires a player to produce a facsimile of a bill from his/her residence with their name on it. Seems to me, that would be a problem, as not everyone that is a player on here,has the bills that come to their residence in their name. Could come in their mother's or father's or spouse's name. Brother or sister ? 

Also I don't think a certain number of ranked rounds before winning credits would stop multi-accounters. They would just do that number of ranked rounds and win credits anyway. Consider that a good player can shoot a 9 hole ranked round very quickly.

And I don't like the idea of lower tier players only able to win penny-ante prizes. That penalizes the honest players because of the dishonesty of cheaters. It's like saying that nobody can have high powered rifles, because some people use high powered rifles to murder people. None of the players that are on here were subjected to that, in light of the fact that multi-accounters have been on here for years. Would anyone like to give back most of the credits they made in lower tiers (or prizes) to make it the same for everyone?

Not intended to be inflammatory ... it's just a discussion. 

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 4:17 PM

donsprintr:

As I understand the verification process, it requires a player to produce a facsimile of a bill from his/her residence with their name on it. Seems to me, that would be a problem, as not everyone that is a player on here,has the bills that come to their residence in their name. Could come in their mother's or father's or spouse's name. Brother or sister ? 

Also I don't think a certain number of ranked rounds before winning credits would stop multi-accounters. They would just do that number of ranked rounds and win credits anyway. Consider that a good player can shoot a 9 hole ranked round very quickly.

And I don't like the idea of lower tier players only able to win penny-ante prizes. That penalizes the honest players because of the dishonesty of cheaters. It's like saying that nobody can have high powered rifles, because some people use high powered rifles to murder people. None of the players that are on here were subjected to that, in light of the fact that multi-accounters have been on here for years. Would anyone like to give back most of the credits they made in lower tiers (or prizes) to make it the same for everyone?

Not intended to be inflammatory ... it's just a discussion. 

You're correct that some of the multis have been quite prolific.  A couple of them have cleared 150 RRs in well under two weeks.  But those players were earning credits with every round...let's see what happens if they have to knock the starter ball around for 1350 holes without compensation.  

For those who persevere, there's still the chance of getting busted after a low number of profitable rounds.  Think they'll want to do it all over again?  

Also, it's likely that the majority of suspicious accounts are the work of only a handful of perps, so 150 rounds per account could very well be hundreds or even thousands of  rounds per accounter.

As for the honest players in lower tiers...My first RG was an all-tiers on Whistler in which I got creamed.  My second was either a Pro or a Tour Pro tiered event, and I had what was one of my best rounds up to that point, a 61 on BOF.  I had some previous success in weeklies and monthlies, so I knew it was a very good score and thought it might win. Well, I finished third, behind two obvious multis.  

I didn't try another RG for quite some time. I guess I really didn't want a high-powered rifle if it meant I'd get shot by somebody else.  I didn't play RGs until I was a TM, so there aren't really any low-tier earnings for me to give back.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 4:38 PM

there was an account linked to one of the mentioned verified multi accounts which was disabled for a few days only to be reenabled now. dont know what to make of this - the multi in question begged wgt to enable one of his accounts back??

i have no idea how this stuff works around here anymore - but seeing his name on the RG leaderboards when he was already disabled just dont make sense.

sigh

• aichapman
    1,343 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 5:10 PM

Just as a side issue to the above comments. ( Yes I'm sick of the bull as well )

Is there a way to configure tournaments for members of say, Minimum 1, 2 or 3 years membership time. Or something along those lines.

I only thought of it as a bandaid solution while reading this thread. So please don't throw rocks at me :)

I of course do not mean to see a measure like this for all tournaments but an occasional RGT would surely keep the Burglars out of them. If this option was able to be added by WGT. ( yes I'm sure the idea is flawed and unreasonable, but, a better idea may come from it )

That's my 2 cents worth folks.

Regards and good luck to you all, Alan

• dougsda
    153 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 6:35 PM

if you Want to Win here go right yourself a cheat program that works.  And you will be in the hunt man this whole world of internet is a cheat.  You just need to get with the program. or *** away. I wonder if Poldimaier, Wrote his cheat program or just bought it. or got it from all the other cheaters. or took lessons with a real pro .     Everyone in the the world just needs to shut up and worry about there own life and circle not everyone else's. My God you think your Whiny ASS is going to change the world. REALLY. I think we should Shut the F  u ck up and go back to the good days when some moron didn't have a voice!!!!!!!!!! TY DOUGSDA the only guy that has 1 account and real Stats from the start. 

RSS