MBaggese:

-Don't recall WGT asking for your SSN?

Or did I miss something?

well considering a ID ( DL ) has it on there then yes u did 

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 9:38 PM

fmagnets:

I have floated the idea already to WGT of only letting players win credits once they have been verified. What is the general consensus on this? Is it overkill? I'm pretty sure that once a devoted multi-accounter had used up their only 2 friend's IDs then they would give up. 

Or perhaps limit any non-verified player's potential winnings to 25cr per 9-holes of an event. Enough for new, genuine players to cover ball costs and have something to play for, but of little interest to a multi.

That makes sense, but for whatever reason there are many jurisdictions where verification is impossible "due to local regulations" per the verification page.  Also, the two most notorious multi-lookin' accounts of the past year were verified (and both are now apparently shut down, seemingly through processes unrelated to verification).

If I had to take a position either way, I'd be for it...but I don't think it's the best answer.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 9:40 PM

spdemon:

MBaggese:

Or did I miss something?

Depends on where you live.  Not here in MN.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 9:41 PM

bhoese:

spdemon:

MBaggese:

Or did I miss something?

Depends on where you live.  Not here in MN.

True but we do have a choice to add it or not but when its on there its on there lmao 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 9:51 PM

spdemon:

Not mine...guess Ca. was thinking forward?...lol!

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 10:33 PM

MBaggese:

spdemon:

Not mine...guess Ca. was thinking forward?...lol!

Well good for you i guess but why no verification for you if it's oh so good?

And as BHOESE just pointed out what does it really matter if you are or not ?

If for gift cards or 500,000 credit avatars no need for me all i play is multiplayer games anyway

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 11:07 PM

fmagnets:
    I have floated the idea already to WGT of only letting players win credits once they have been verified

Not sure that this would work, I think it's a good idea, but at the same time I have seen that some of the biggest multis are "verified"

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 7:56 AM

spdemon:
    Well good for you i guess but why no verification for you if it's oh so good?

Up to this point, I don't "need" to be verified.

When and if the day comes that it is required, I will.

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 10:01 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

duda51:

WGTyphoon:
    If you believe someone is cheating

If i believe,,,,are you blind, i have pointed it out to you and now you want me to report it,thats your job.

Creating threads about players, is not the way to go about it.  It is borderline going against our posting guidelines.  The best course of action is to contact our customer support.  Also when we close player accounts, their scores will still remain on leaderboards until we close out that tournament once it is over.

- WGTdbloshoe

Wrong for doing right,Hmmmm,Sorry i p(ssed you guys off but it seems im the bad guy now for pointing cheats out.

You say you leave there scores up til end of tourney,have you thought about the real hack just starting and seeing these fake scores on leaderboard,they must be thinking whats the point of playing as there is no way i could beat that score,they might even forget about Wgt altogether,,,,,,Anyway you look at it it seems you want me to shut up about it as it is borderline as you put it.

Thanks to all who gave there views and opinions on this matter and im glad im not the only one who gives a crap

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 10:45 AM

pb1711:

fmagnets:
    I have floated the idea already to WGT of only letting players win credits once they have been verified

Not sure that this would work, I think it's a good idea, but at the same time I have seen that some of the biggest multis are "verified"

MS was one of those, who got promoted to TL with much less than 500 RR and had his account disabled after the VUSO round 1. His account was verified. But I'm there would be less m/as, if verification was recquired.

RSS