Forums

Help › Forums

WAKE UP WGT FFS

Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:47 AM (181 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 12:48 PM

Best way is to report any suspect players to WGT. They seem to be reactive not proactive - it doesn't appear to be anyone's job to check through tournament lists to see who looks fishy.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 12:54 PM

duda51:

Wake up wgt ffs and open your eyes to what is going on here,St Andrews championship,hack who started today already puts in a round of 11-,I am sick of seeing this crap,do something about it,sorry about the rant but this sh(t has to stop.

If you believe someone is cheating or even using a secondary account please go ahead and submit this request to our Customer Support team. 

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 1:06 PM

WGTyphoon:
    If you believe someone is cheating

If i believe,,,,are you blind, i have pointed it out to you and now you want me to report it,thats your job.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 1:36 PM

fmagnets:
    dunderbrain

LMAO

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 1:53 PM

duda51:

WGTyphoon:
    If you believe someone is cheating

If i believe,,,,are you blind, i have pointed it out to you and now you want me to report it,thats your job.

Creating threads about players, is not the way to go about it.  It is borderline going against our posting guidelines.  The best course of action is to contact our customer support.  Also when we close player accounts, their scores will still remain on leaderboards until we close out that tournament once it is over.

- WGTdbloshoe

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 1:55 PM

fmagnets:

Best way is to report any suspect players to WGT. They seem to be reactive not proactive - it doesn't appear to be anyone's job to check through tournament lists to see who looks fishy.

We do check every leaderboard.  However it is usually done once the tournament is over.  We do this so a player who is cheating, isn't given the chance to get the disabled notice and create a new account and reenter the tournament. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 2:19 PM

But this also means that your marketing department tends to laud the obvious multi-accounters at the tops of the leaderboards in the WGT news on the homepage whilst the tournaments are still being played. I'm pretty sure this is what gets many people's goats - celebrating their scores in the open but banning them quietly behind closed doors. It's sending out the wrong signals to your honest players. But thanks for the replies in this thread. It shows you are taking the issue seriously.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 2:25 PM

fmagnets:

But this also means that your marketing department tends to laud the obvious multi-accounters at the tops of the leaderboards in the WGT news on the homepage whilst the tournaments are still being played. I'm pretty sure this is what gets many people's goats - celebrating their scores in the open but banning them quietly behind closed doors. It's sending out the wrong signals to your honest players.

Not disagreeing with you.  The one thing I can say though is that the most multi accounts are found in hack tier.  This tier we don't really highlight.  We really do try and highlight the best players who are Legends and Tour Legends.

Until the tournament is closed and the player is removed from the tournament, which can only happen once the tournament is ended, that player is going to show up.  I am just trying to point out that we do check leaderboards and do remove a bunch of players from the leaderboards. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• drcliveoak
    27 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 2:40 PM

Can someone explain to me the following info:

L83

Career earnings  193.17

awards  227643

Join WGT April 23, 2014

Legend

Anyone explain this??????  Just wondering if there is another WGT around.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 3:38 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

Until the tournament is closed and the player is removed from the tournament, which can only happen once the tournament is ended, that player is going to show up.  I am just trying to point out that we do check leaderboards and do remove a bunch of players from the leaderboards. 

- WGTdbloshoe

You guys can save yourselves the trouble of reading reports, checking leaderboards, suspending accounts, and reassigning prizes by creating systematic barriers to multi-accounting.

Make players put in a significant amount of time before they can win anything substantial.  50 Ranked Rounds combined at Hack and Am without any wagering, plus 50 at each of Pro and TPro playing for only penny-ante stakes should do it.

There might be a few honest low-tier players who don't like this, but 150 RRs goes by pretty fast for most avid new players.  Then, they'd have Master and TM competitions with a level playing field.  I think that's worth it.

WGTdbloshoe:
    We really do try and highlight the best players who are Legends and Tour Legends.

News flash:  the Legend tier has been and continues to be infested with Multis.  This is where the anti-multi changes that were put in a couple of years ago meet their ultimate failure, since they create an expressway into Legend.  Once there, the mediocre-TL-in-real-life multis have 500 Ranked Rounds in which to prosper.  There exists a species of Legend player that pops up only occasionally, and only in the events with the best prizes.  The way things are, these players will be able to work the system for years.

Multi-accounting is easy.  Make it so that multi-accounting isn't worth the trouble.  Problem solved.

RSS