rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 23 2014 2:45 AM (82 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 4:08 AM

russellfahey:

mantis0014:

stevenharkin:
    But Kaymer at 27's is too good to let slip..he will miss the bad weather which is forecast for friday late afternoon and with Poldi winnin the VUSO and the footy team winnin the world cup, it has to be ...  :)

Omen bet ....lol

Conditions are pretty kind for the morning groups.

According to the weather reports over here,it's going to be hot today with tomorrow being the hottest day of the year,reaching a whopping 31 celcius lol.But the forecast for the weekend is for rain and thunderstorms,which will definitely make things a lil interesting :)

Russell

31c in Aus is perfect, but I remember when I was over there, the temp was 23c and was stinking hot.

There's some pretty good golf played at the moment.

• account
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:07 AM

its the open not the british open

mantis0014:

russellfahey:

mantis0014:

stevenharkin:
    But Kaymer at 27's is too good to let slip..he will miss the bad weather which is forecast for friday late afternoon and with Poldi winnin the VUSO and the footy team winnin the world cup, it has to be ...  :)

Omen bet ....lol

Conditions are pretty kind for the morning groups.

According to the weather reports over here,it's going to be hot today with tomorrow being the hottest day of the year,reaching a whopping 31 celcius lol.But the forecast for the weekend is for rain and thunderstorms,which will definitely make things a lil interesting :)

Russell

31c in Aus is perfect, but I remember when I was over there, the temp was 23c and was stinking hot.

There's some pretty good golf played at the moment.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:18 AM

Poor Ernie Els.... he got 'metered'  big time @ the 1st.

3 putted from 10 inches or so.

Course/conditions look fantastic....sooooo jealous.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 7:58 AM

Anyone have any links to offer? To streaming the Open? Y-Jim, you? You always do.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 8:01 AM

AGArgent:

Anyone have any links to offer? To streaming the Open? Y-Jim, you? You always do.

Dubfore had posted a link in another thread.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/246388/1781984.aspx#1781984

Hope this helps.

Russell

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 8:24 AM

AGArgent:

Dub beat me to it.  

Live TV.

Leaderboard    Or, as they call it over there, Score Centre Page, and it looks like Rory is making a statement.  :-)

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 8:46 AM

Cheers, gents. And I fear Rory has been too hot and cold lately...could blow up tomorrow so I say go Eldrick. 

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 9:19 AM

YankeeJim:

AGArgent:

Dub beat me to it.  

Live TV.

Leaderboard    Or, as they call it over there, Score Centre Page, and it looks like Rory is making a statement.  :-)

Yes he did he posted it yesterday Jim lol.But i've never heard it called Score Centre page over here before? we always say Leaderboard.

Russell

EDIT I would have to say your link is way better than Wiziwig Jim.As i use it to watch Football at work(oops i meant at home lol)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 10:04 AM

russellfahey:
    .But i've never heard it called Score Centre page over here before? we always say Leaderboard.

LOL. What do I know? I just bookmarked the site and when I went to get it later this is what the bookmark was called.  Maybe it's a site thing.  ;-)

• TarheelsRule
    5,489 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 10:55 AM

I guess it is obviously that whatever agreement that WGT had with the R&A has gone by the wayside and won't come back.

That being said I guess we won't be having any more British Opens on here, even if the play is at the courses that we have.

I would suggest to WGT that they work with the PGA to bring the PGA and the course that is hosting it to WGT in the future.  We had some form of that a few years ago when it was at Kiawah but I'm more talking about a new course not just the happenstance that they were playing on the course we already had.

The US Open and British Open are fairly close together anyway so spreading it out several months would allow everyone to take a break after the Open and get ready for the PGA in August.  It should be much easier to do and with many of the courses that the PGA uses fairly accessible it might not cost as much.

With the demise of Tiger Woods Golf game I would think the chances of getting the TPC courses would be pretty good.

RSS