Help › Forums

British Open

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 23 2014 2:45 AM (82 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 3:54 AM

I think I already know the Answer to my Question, but

Is there going to be a Wgt Virtual British Open this year?  I know we don't have the course that it's played on next week, but it could be played on St.A or Rsg

Just Wondering

-Roger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 5:25 AM

mantis0014:
     I know we don't have the course that it's played on next week, but it could be played on St.A or Rsg

Would be kinda weird but Pebble Beach has been photographed and is in the can. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 7:44 AM

YankeeJim:
    Would be kinda weird but Pebble Beach has been photographed and is in the can

Let the rumors begin;)

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 4:40 PM

Should be an Open next year if the R&A agrees ... every 5 years it's St. Andrews ...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 5:05 PM

donsprintr:

Should be an Open next year if the R&A agrees ... every 5 years it's St. Andrews ...

The hidden implication is what's up with PB?

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 5:25 PM

My theory at one time was that WGT was going to substitute it for Oakmont, the same way they substituted Oakmont for Pebble in 2010. My theory was shot when management revealed they were going to have a third set of pins for Oakmont when it rolls around in 2016. They might have Pebble ready to go for the annual Pro-Am next year .... that would be my thinking. It could be an excuse to host a special virtual tourney ... and maybe some big bucks would be on offer. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 5:25 PM

YankeeJim:

donsprintr:

I was was just thinking WGT says it take about 6 months -start to finish-to roll a course out...figure they have some info/data that can be used...so take a month, heck, even 2 months off, still puts Aug/Sep time line for Pebble to be out...past The Open.

But who knows, may be why Icon and Shoe were scarce for a bit..."beta testing";)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 1:39 AM

YankeeJim:

donsprintr:

We were supposed to get Bandon Dunes even earlier.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 2:11 AM

I always go back to the same thing, WGT is more busy hatching new customers than making & giving credits away in non-american related events, after all, this is an american company.

I don't think there will be any British Open next week or ever again.

Eric 

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 4:27 AM

I maybe wrong but didn't WGT put some form of Tourny on last year for players from the UK only,when the British open came around?

Russell

EDIT maybe i was dreaming lol but pretty sure there was a Tourny for UK players only,but may of been a wgt nation thing.

I'll shut up now :)

RSS