Forums

Help › Forums

is there anyone left that don't quit

Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:13 AM (179 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:53 AM

Here's a situation. I was going to set up a multiplayer round for me and my buds. I set it up wrong and the game started without my friends..now if i had to finish my round before i could re hook up with my friends...well now you know the rest of the story..

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:55 AM

isolater:

VanHalenLover:
    The 'for fun' rounds only affect ones rank/score/average (no credits are wagered), but this is used by players to manipulate their scores for an unfair advantage when it comes to credit-based games.

the for  fun rounds affect absolutley  nothing  not score  not average   no credits can be wagered. IT IS  IDENTICAL  TO PRACTICE ROUNDS ARE NOW WITH THE EXCEPTION  THE PLAYERS  TEE BOXES  ARE DETERMINED BY THEIR TIER  to make it fair  for lower ranked  tiers when  playing a higher ranked tier  EG  if i set up a practice round for conditions for a master   and play a hack or an amature    it is not fair for them because their equipment is just not capable  of playing from master  tees  or  if they set up a game suitable  for their tier and equipment  its not much of a game when  playing from the front tees  i can  drive almost every par 4  from the tee .

THE JUST FOR FUN ROUNDS AFFECT NOTHING  THERE CAN BE NO MANIPULATION OF SCORES  BECAUSE ONCE THE GAME IS OVER  OTHER THAN THOSE FINISHING THE GAME COLLECTING  LEVEL  POINTS AS THEY DO NOW FOR FINISHING ROUNDS . IT IS LIKE THE GAME NEVER HAPPENED

no way possible to manipulate scores if the game never happened

how about  implementing something   like they have in match play a mutual  drop  i'm sure nobody will refuse to drop a game mutually  for good reason ie  important call,  at work and boss  is coming  and a variety of other legitamate reasons  Like someone said  life happens . and have no penalty  and it will be like the game never happened    but if people  just X out  of a game  they must make the choice  next time  to either resume the last game and finish    solo  or  take a level hit penalty  brfore they can start another game

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:56 AM

Dave, please understand that "just for fun rounds" are no solution. People are already confused enough about the 2 existing modes (Ranked & Practice), and you can bet your socks on WGT not introducing a 3rd mode.

Besides, I for one may not wish to play a "just for fun round", but a regular Ranked round. For me and others who wish to play Ranked multi-player rounds, your solution brings no help.

Whereas if reputation tracking is implemented, this will serve everyone equally well both in Ranked mode and in Practice Mode.  

danohi50:
    Here's a situation. I was going to set up a multiplayer round for me and my buds. I set it up wrong and the game started without my friends..now if i had to finish my round before i could re hook up with my friends...well now you know the rest of the story..

Exactly. "Forcing everyone to finish every time" is totally impracticable!  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:57 AM

danohi50:

LOL Been there, done that way too many times.  The MP host user interface is terrible.

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:58 AM

danohi50:

another point   for having a just for fun   area

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:03 PM

isolater:
    the for  fun rounds affect absolutley  nothing  not score  not average 

It is practice rounds that do not affect ones average, and those should not be included in this proposal, as was previously stated.

The 'for fun' rounds I alluded to were the ranked rounds (that affect your average) but are not credit wagered type games.

Sorry if the wording was confusing, I absolutely do not wish to see practice non-ranked rounds included in this proposal.

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:08 PM

Faterson:

Dave, please understand that "just for fun rounds" are no solution. People are already confused enough about the 2 existing modes (Ranked & Practice), and you can bet your socks on WGT not introducing a 3rd mode.

Besides, I for one may not wish to play a "just for fun round", but a regular Ranked round. For me and others who wish to play Ranked multi-player rounds, your solution brings no help.

Whereas if reputation tracking is implemented, this will serve everyone equally well both in Ranked mode and in Practice Mode.  

well  like you keep saying i haven't been around here  long  but from what i see this quitting issue has been a problem since day1  and seems  nothing is being done about it  this reputation trackin you keep throwing  around obviously won't work  or it will have been implimented already long time ago  

if you  do not want to play a just for fun round then  go play a ranked round  simple solution to that problem  and deal with the weazles that won't finish a game 

as far as  difference between practice  ranked and just  for fun  that is a simple solution  as well practice rounds become single player rounds ranked rounds  stay the same as they are now    and just for fun are the new  multiplayer practice rounds with the only difference  being tier determines tee boxes  its simple (if legend sets up game decides he wants to play from master tees  if he is playing a master master moves to pro tees  if master player plays tour pro or pro the tour pro or pro  moves up to amature  tees so you still have the tee advantage  over a higher tier )

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:17 PM

isolater:
    this reputation trackin you keep throwing  around obviously won't work

Obviously it will work. And 100% fairly and reliably for everyone.  

isolater:
    or it will have been implimented already long time ago

Nonsense. There are hundreds of great features WGT haven't implemented yet, not because the features wouldn't work, but because WGT are short on time or see their priorities elsewhere.

isolater:
    if you  do not want to play a just for fun round then  go play a ranked round  simple solution to that problem  and deal with the weazles that won't finish a game

That's no solution at all, Dave, because you're just telling me to accept the status quo. There is no need to accept the status quo because reputation tracking will resolve the quitters issue once and for all.

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:18 PM

VanHalenLover:
    The 'for fun' rounds I alluded to were the ranked rounds (that affect your average) but are not credit wagered type games

those are ranked rounds under the current system  not just for fun rounds  just for fun rounds do not exist    .  the just for fun rounds i am referring to are an idea  i have   and that is all they are is an idea  and obviously not a very good one  from all the negative feed back i'm getting about it (  actually only negative feed back from 2 sources )   but i do think it would make the game alot more fun again and  i'm sure  more games  would get finished  if the scores  don't count or  modify the current  practice rounds  to adjust the tee boxes   to coincide with  the proper tiers of  those playing  because it is just not fair  to force a hack  or amature  to play from the master tees  just because i set up the game  it should be geared to their skill level as it does now  in the current ranked  game system

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:21 PM

Faterson:
    That's no solution at all, Dave, because you're just telling me to accept the status quo. There is no need to accept the status quo because reputation tracking will resolve the quitters issue once and for all.

well then its  obvious that WGT  just  doesn't want to deal with the problem or if it was such a simple solution  / system to implement and this has been an ongoing  problem since day 1 it would have been implemented by now

RSS