Forums

Help › Forums

is there anyone left that don't quit

Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:13 AM (179 replies)
  • isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 11:19 AM

since the new tiers   have come out  i've found it next to impossible to  get  a round of 9 let alone a full 18  in  ,why  make it so everyone is so anal about their avg's  on here that they forget  how to just have fun and play  a round .  maybe make it so only  avg's in tournaments count towards your tier  . There is nothing more frustrating  than having a good round going  and the other person just up and quits  cause they  have one bad hole  or even worse yet  quit because they  make one bad shot  or don't get a birdie and  now that they have quit  they ruin my game cause the game  freezes   . I wonder if these people  when they go out on a real course  walk off the course  because a bad hole or a bad shot  or they don't make a birdie   i bet  they don't  . ITS GOLF PEOPLE  of course you are not going to have a perfect game every time    does that give you the right to ruin someone elses game  NO  so SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP and play the damn game  or better yet don't waste my time or anyone elses time and just play by yourself . As someone suggested  if you are in a multiplayer   game and choose to quit  there should be a severe penalty  say like a drop of 3 -5 levels  in exp  points .  i do understand  that  the game its self  crashes quit frequently  and  players should not be penalized for that   but  these quitters are taking the fun out of the game  .

Thanks

Dave

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 11:37 AM

isolater:
    since the new tiers   have come out  i've found it next to impossible to  get  a round of 9 let alone a full 18  in
    That's pretty funny and sad at the same time, you know.    When the new Tiers came out, paired with Levels, the official assumption was that "this will help reduce the number of quitters". Instead, as you say, things seem to have got even worse. Before WGT.com introduce reputation tracking to dispose of quitters once and for all, you might want to join the Ladders site where quitting isn't tolerated, and quitters are publicly named & shamed in the forum.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 12:02 PM

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 12:17 PM

Quitters are losers.

Plain and simple.

There is no sense in complaining about it, though, because nothing will come of it.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:08 PM

I'm always looking for a game, just look me up. I NEVER quit.

• Greggatshack
    21 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:38 PM

isolater:

why  make it so everyone is so anal about their avg's  on here that they forget  how to just have fun and play  a round . 

Hi Dave, 

Like you I was getting frustrated with quitters. It seems that the two types of people that contribute (and I use that term loosely) to discussions on the topic are those that are sick of it and those justifying their rude behaviour of quitting. Generally the people who don't like quitting are putting up the better suggestions while the quitters themselves start throwing abuse and generally degenerating the debate into a flame war which gets the thread locked. (As happened in the last few hours.)

Hopefully WGT will get the message and make some modifications to the game so that both communities can get what they want IE quitters only getting to play with other quitters and non-quitters only getting to play with non-quitters.

In the meantime I would say that you could do what I have done and have a look at the wgtls.co.uk site where WGT players who are interested in playing full games of golf without quitting, congregate and meet in a Meet and Greet chatroom prior to arranging games with each other to determine their ranking on one or more ladders. You do get to meet a better class of people there.

Cheers

Gregg

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 1:39 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    There is no sense in complaining about it, though, because nothing will come of it.

I disagree, Charlemagne. It's crucial to let WGT know that quitters continue to be a vital issue, destroying the pleasure of golf play for countless WGT.com users every day. This can be extremely damaging for the future well-being of this site and golf game, if reputation tracking isn't finally implemented properly. The only way WGT developers can assign proper priority to implementing reputation tracking, is if they see feedback from users such as Dave/isolater who started this thread. Such feedback is therefore very useful and important.

(However, there should definitely be only one central quitters thread in these forums instead of dozens of simultaneous threads all discussing the same issue.)

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:29 PM

i have one suggestion  that wgt  might be interested in   in multiplayer format  have 2 options   have a fun option and a competative  option  the competative option your scores count towards your avg  and all the anal over their avg people can play and quit  on each other  though the rest of us that want to play and  improve our avg will still have to put up with that stuff  . and a fun side where you still gain level points as you do now  but your scores  don't count against your avg  and people like myself and the others that  just want to play the game and don't really care too much  about our avg's can just play the game and the only thing that rank has to do with the fun side is determine where you tee off and what speed the greens will be IN OTHER WORDS BRING THE FUN BACK TO THE GAME

Thanks Dave

• Barbarossa
    121 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:47 PM

You can multiplay in the practice mode. I don't think that changes your average.

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 2:54 PM

yes you can  but in practice rounds  who ever sets up the game determines the tee boxes and green speeds    my suggestion is  have it the same as ranked play   you tee off from the appropriate tee box that goes  with your rank  hacks and amature tee off from the amature tees  pros from the pro tees masters from the masters  and legend from legend tees and same with the green speeds amatuer and hack get slow or standard  pro  get fast   tour pro and master get very fast  tour master and legend get  tournament and championship speeds  so  even though you are  playing a person of a higher tier  you are not foced to play beyond your skill levels

RSS