Forums

Help › Forums

is there anyone left that don't quit

Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:13 AM (179 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:13 PM

Barbarossa:
    You can multiplay in the practice mode. I don't think that changes your average.

The point is, many players want their average to change, but can't, because quitters destroy round after round after round.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:42 PM

how many times do we need to post the same drivel on new threads?

Surely WGT must have a TOS against spam / multiple repetitive postings.......

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:48 PM

yes  unfortunately that is the case for most of us   but personally  and for many others we just want to play golf  . it was just a suggestion  to  let people who want to just play the game without worrying   about quitters or their avg's  to have a place to play   .as far as working on your avg  thats what the competative side would be for  and the fun side  is exactly that just for fun .unfortunately those who want to work on their avg's will still be stuck dealing with quitters

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:49 PM

Surely WGT must have a TOS against stalking.......

• Barbarossa
    121 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:50 PM

Faterson:

Barbarossa:
    You can multiplay in the practice mode. I don't think that changes your average.

The point is, many players want their average to change, but can't, because quitters destroy round after round after round.

Ok, I understand now.

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:51 PM

why are you a quitter and tired of being bitched at about it ?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:53 PM

A recurring issue that makes life difficult for WGT users every day, like the quitters, will by necessity generate repetitive complaints from many site users, especially those who have joined WGT more recently.  

It would be unfair to deny Dave/isolater and others like him the right to voice his concern. If you remember, the last time WGT.com attempted to tackle the quitters issue, was in December 2009 – that's 10 months in which the resolution of the issue has seen no or little progress. Claiming that the issue doesn't exist, although it does, and telling people to shut up about the issue, won't make the issue go away. Quite on the contrary: it will keep generating even more repetitive feedback in future, because this site keeps growing, new users are joining every day, and most of them will be plagued by quitters sooner or later.

To sum it up: the only ways to reduce the redundancy connected to the quitters topic, are: 1) only permit the issue to be discussed in a single thread (merge any newly created quitters threads with the 1 already existing central quitters thread); 2) resolve the quitters issue itself by implementing reputation tracking. Once there's nothing left to complain about, we'll finally stop hearing about quitters every day.

• Barbarossa
    121 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:57 PM

isolater:

why are you a quitter and tired of being bitched at about it ?

No. I just said you can play multi in practice.

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:58 PM

well said and i agree i don't like  complaining about it i just want to play  but i haven't had a complete round in over a week because of quitters  its just  taking all the enjoyment out of a great game

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:00 PM

sorry barbarossa  that comment was for Vanhalenlover   not you

RSS