Help › Forums

is there anyone left that don't quit

Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:13 AM (179 replies)
  • isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:07 PM

VanHalenLover:
    And well done on your first Quote

lol thx  i've had that  suggestion many times   to try other sites   but why should anyone have to  go to another site to play this game 

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:13 PM

The game is still played here, iso. Those sites offer a pool of players that are site members, with whom you arrange a match, then come here to play it out. They both offer different formats, different challenges, and players that are known non-quitters!

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:17 PM

that sounds  like a very good option   cause just in the last 20  min i've had 6 people quit on me  in 6 different games  i never  even got to take a shot in any of the 6 games its very frustrating

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:21 PM

It is a common theme, unfortunately. Both of those sites will partner you with players that don't quit - give them a peek when you have time. I prefer Golfseeker, as it uses a true handicap system which allows players of all tiers and levels to play on a fair level, and affords everyone an equal chance to win. They also have a much better system in place for dealing unbiasedly with forum disruptions, and players who do not wish to play by the rules. Check them both out, and decide for yourself - and feel free to friend me and invite me whenever you see me available!

Best of luck, hit em hard and straight.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 9:57 AM

Faterson:
    Where the Ladders site is definitely superior is in detecting multiple-account holders. See, unlike here on WGT.com

If my memory is correct, this was a thread for quitters, not multiple account users.

Again you have entered a thread, got it off topic, and within minutes this thread will die, just like all the threads you enter

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:09 AM

Look, sir. You're now using your 8th (eighth) WGT.com user account, after your previous 7 WGT.com user accounts were all banned for ceaseless trolling and forum abuse (like what you're doing above in this thread), starting from seventy / mrstayler / leetiyler / naughty1, down to your current x1542807 account.

Tell me frankly: shouldn't you of all people be very modest, polite, and soft-spoken in these forums, given that you're now using your 8th (eighth!) WGT account, to circumvent the 7 previous bans issued for you by WGT?

Therefore please stop trolling, sir, and maybe WGT will let your 8th WGT account continue as before. Otherwise, you're no doubt heading straight towards another ban.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:41 AM

Have you any proof of this accusation, or is this another of your unfounded accusations that should be forwarded to WGT via E-mail and not posted here on the threads?

WGT gets to decide how to handle multiple accounts, not you. When are you gonna stop this abusive accusatory approach to players, and let WGT handle it? You didn't step in here to ask this poster about a potential duplicate account, you are acusing him or her of it, with no proof (again). 

And why does this rule motivate you toward action, when you openly help others in circumventing the WGT TOS on age, and completely disregard that rule? Your points would hold a lot more validity of you held all of WGT's terms in the same light, but you seemingly have no issue picking and choosing based on what you believe the rules should be.

In any case, the original thought still stands; the forums are no place for these types of accusations. You shoul be E-mailing WGT if you suspect a multiple account abuser, and not flooding these threads.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:45 AM

andyson:

I challenge you to spend 5 minutes and put together a succinct (75 words or less) summary of how you would implement reputation tracking or how you would deal with quitting in multi-player rounds.

At least then this discussion might be productive.  Are you up to the challenge VHL?

Still no answer from VanHalenLover on how he'd implement reputation tracking or fix the multi-player quitting problem.

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:46 AM

hey fellas yer off topic this thread was about quitters  and any suggestions  to help  people that just want to have fun and play rounds  of golf that don't care about their avgs

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:48 AM

I'm not "accusing" anyone, VHL, just stating facts, and asking this guy to stop stalking me in every forum thread I participate in, and to return to normal, rational, polite discussions, especially given who he is. I'm asking the same from you, for the same reasons.

Thank you to you both.    Let's return to the topic at hand like Dave says. It's his thread.

RSS