Forums

Help › Forums

***Attention ALL NEW Legends***

Thu, Dec 15 2016 10:49 AM (85 replies)
  • SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 7:07 PM

Play all the courses equally and forget your average is the only advice I ever give to New Legends. It's not a race and you can't get to Tour Legend late

very good advice i think alot should take i laugh at those guys that just play st andys to get there avg down its sad.. u play them another course they suck lol

• JRTexas1949
    42 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 9:17 PM

GREAT advise "CerinoDevoti"....as well as other members here. I sincerely appreciate everyone's input.

Yeah...I was pushing it to reach the LEGEND tier.  Though, not as fast as some members. I saw another WGT member who made it from Hack to Legend in 4 weeks.  Think he was a college student.  After he made Legend, there was ZERO activity.  Looks like he just quit or had to get back to his studies; OR, realize that getting to the TL tier would be too much work or too time consuming for him?

Well, I got some BAD info. about how many ranked rounds were req'd to get "saturation" as a Legend.  Read (probably in this Forum), that 60 rounds were required to stop a Legend's average from going UP further.  WRONG....I now know it's 500 not 60 rounds.  That's the ONLY reason I hammered on a couple of easy courses.  At the WGTicon once stated in the WGT Forum - "Don't believe everything you read in the Forum from other WGT members - because, that information just might not be correct".  Yeah, no kidding.

It would be incredibly helpful IF WGT would "publish" more details about the RULES of playing WGT golf.  That way, members wouldn't have to dig around in the WGT Forum for answers.

It's like every sport I know of.  Football, Baseball, Basketball, Real Golf, Tennis, Bowling, etc. - They all have RULES.  And, people who participate understand the rules in order to be successful in those sports.  And when the rules in those sports do change, authorities publish that information - not sure the same is true here on WGT.  There are some things we just don't know.  But hey, it's WGT's site, they can do as they wish.  I understand all that.

I actually have played ALL of the WGT courses.  Merion, St. George, Oakmont, Olympic, Kiawah Island, Famous Holes, Best of Hardest Holes, etc.  As well as most of the CTTH courses.  As a Master & Tour Master, I placed 1st in over (90) CC Tournaments.  It's all in my Profile.  But NOW, I realize everything changes, as playing from the Legend Tees is no piece of cake.  It will definitely take an adjustment period on my part.

Plus, as one member mentioned.  Since I'm still at LEVEL 84, I don't have access to some of the BEST drivers & irons yet; which hopefully, when I do level up and can upgrade - my game will improve.

I'm in no rush to reach Tour Legend.  If it happens, so be it.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 10:06 PM

Anyboby  can make legend, it's not so difficult to get a 61 average on 50 rounds.

It's a trap, i have XP enough too have and i have high end equipment, so what ?

Equipment is not enough, you need also expensive long distance balls that you can check by playing practice on champion tee, sometime you cant land on fairway or green. With headwind you need 3 shots to reach the green on par4., with tailwind an eagle should be a 200 yrds shot etc....

Living in France i cant get so much  free credit, cant win in game vs hardcore game players who raking your credits, and no hope pay 70 $ a month for virtual balls.

IMO there is no proportion between the average to get and the impact on the game. It is a great pity, I regularly do 30 or less on each course, enough to be a legend, and anyway can not play ranked games otherwise become a legend with consequences that everyone exposed.

So stop crying but when you see players who score par-9 or better on 9 holes course, the tier should reflect this.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 12:54 AM

alberich35:
    ou need also expensive long distance balls

Your bag has L34 Callys in it as of now.  

As of now TLs are winning RGs with those.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 1:02 AM

Jimbog1964:

alberich35:
    ou need also expensive long distance balls

Your bag has L34 Callys in it as of now.  

As of now TLs are winning RGs with those.

Rhooo ... Just bough them 1 hour ago for testing, usualy use GI3-D balls for 99 cent the sleeve. :)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 2:57 AM

MBaggese:

I see there are now just over a 1000 TL's.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/171115.aspx?PageIndex=5

We all be TL one day. New equipment makes game easier & easier...silly easier.

There is no elite any longer after WGT making the TL level and I do not see how they will ever be, if WGT keeps on feeding us with tools to easy the game and get so unrealistic scores.

Well, no biggie, as long as business runs smooth for WGT, we all be here using the game.

Eric 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 5:53 AM

JRTexas1949:

GREAT advise "CerinoDevoti"....as well as other members here. I sincerely appreciate everyone's input.

Yeah...I was pushing it to reach the LEGEND tier.  Though, not as fast as some members. I saw another WGT member who made it from Hack to Legend in 4 weeks.  Think he was a college student.  After he made Legend, there was ZERO activity.  Looks like he just quit or had to get back to his studies; OR, realize that getting to the TL tier would be too much work or too time consuming for him?

Well, I got some BAD info. about how many ranked rounds were req'd to get "saturation" as a Legend.  Read (probably in this Forum), that 60 rounds were required to stop a Legend's average from going UP further.  WRONG....I now know it's 500 not 60 rounds.  That's the ONLY reason I hammered on a couple of easy courses.  At the WGTicon once stated in the WGT Forum - "Don't believe everything you read in the Forum from other WGT members - because, that information just might not be correct".  Yeah, no kidding.

It would be incredibly helpful IF WGT would "publish" more details about the RULES of playing WGT golf.  That way, members wouldn't have to dig around in the WGT Forum for answers.

It's like every sport I know of.  Football, Baseball, Basketball, Real Golf, Tennis, Bowling, etc. - They all have RULES.  And, people who participate understand the rules in order to be successful in those sports.  And when the rules in those sports do change, authorities publish that information - not sure the same is true here on WGT.  There are some things we just don't know.  But hey, it's WGT's site, they can do as they wish.  I understand all that.

I actually have played ALL of the WGT courses.  Merion, St. George, Oakmont, Olympic, Kiawah Island, Famous Holes, Best of Hardest Holes, etc.  As well as most of the CTTH courses.  As a Master & Tour Master, I placed 1st in over (90) CC Tournaments.  It's all in my Profile.  But NOW, I realize everything changes, as playing from the Legend Tees is no piece of cake.  It will definitely take an adjustment period on my part.

Plus, as one member mentioned.  Since I'm still at LEVEL 84, I don't have access to some of the BEST drivers & irons yet; which hopefully, when I do level up and can upgrade - my game will improve.

I'm in no rush to reach Tour Legend.  If it happens, so be it.

Hey Tex,

My point is don't play to that number(average). It'll make you a slave and cause you grief and pain. It'll waste your time and credits chasing it around. Play to just enjoy the playing and all the courses. Try everything. Try shots just to see what happens. Punch it instead of a full shot you always play. Chip and pitch instead of the flop. These will serve you later in some situation that you haven't even thought of yet. Also, play some games with the starter clubs from the tips. You'll learn more about shot making and course management than you could learn from playing the best clubs all the time. Play to create shots instead of re-creating them. It all goes in the memory banks for later use in some tourney when some creativity will save you a single par that makes the difference in winning.

• niqueclyde
    20 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 6:07 AM

You cant get to tour legend to late that is my moto:), i remember when I went from tourmaster to legend I invested more then 10000cr to new equipment and balls to learn how to play this game on break even legend. (Those credits came curtusy of one big win as tourmaster) Now I  only play uneven lies, par 5 courses and legend tournaments. It is better to be in top 10% of legends then mediocre tour legend anyday.

• JRTexas1949
    42 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 6:49 AM

With all due respect "alberich35" - You state "Anybody can make Legend".  Though, you're still at the Tour Master tier a full year after joining WGT - and you and I have hit almost the exact same number of ranked rounds.  I'd be more than happy for you to compare your stats with mine.

I think there are probably many WGT players who really just do NOT wish to make it to the Legend tier.  Maybe they have played the Legend Tees in practice mode and realize it won't be nearly as EASY playing WGT golf?

And, I am not crying - trying to make a few points, that's all.

• JRTexas1949
    42 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 6:52 AM

Very GOOD advise here, "Cerino".  I will definitely try these suggestions. 

Thank You!

JR

RSS