Forums

Help › Forums

LegendCrusher Memorial!!!

Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:02 AM (204 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 6:43 PM

SafeBetAmy:

Just as a thought, if it can be worked out with WGT, I think it would be fitting if the "prize" money could be "donated" for those "random acts of kindness" to deserving WGT beginners that Rich was so instrumental in doing.

I'd be willing to donate to a tourney like that, for sure.

x2

MC

• brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:05 PM

im all for it , played alt shot with rich several times.great guy, cmon wgt you can make it happen!

• dandycap
    1,809 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:20 PM

TBE   ---   This is sad news.   If anyone would like to read some of Richs' kind words, they can be found on my profile page.   RIP  ~  my friend

• eivets
    433 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:37 PM

It's a true no-brainer WGT!

Please make it happen as tribute to a great player & damn fine gentleman of the game.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:53 PM

RIch Legendcrusher is the foundation stone ot good will and the heart of WGT!

He was a SAINT here at WGT!

I support any tourney in his name and would be honered to contribute to any such event.

Legendcrusher was a good soul.

jeff

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 11:06 PM

mrcaddie:

SafeBetAmy:

Just as a thought, if it can be worked out with WGT, I think it would be fitting if the "prize" money could be "donated" for those "random acts of kindness" to deserving WGT beginners that Rich was so instrumental in doing.

I'd be willing to donate to a tourney like that, for sure.

x2

MC

x3

I would prefer a monthly tournament - as then it is in the spotlight for longer. Have a reasonable entry fee (to  maximize  numbers) and the proceeds either to a charity or possibly as random acts of kindness to players the Mods feel are worthy. Perhaps WGT would at least match or double the entry fees raised.

Personally the day I read the news of his passing I created a CC Tournament - The LC Tribute. The winner can choose any WGT player, and that player will get a choice of what they want from the pro shop up to 2000 credits. I personally thought Rich would have given the thumbs up for this. 

Rich did a huge amount of good for this community and was the  catalyst for the random acts of kindness. For this I am stunned that no mods or Chad have commented since the news broke. I know there was some "tension" (putting it mildly) but for someone who really cemented this community it is poor form.

Just as a last point and it has been requested before, how about a memorial thread - perhaps maintained by WGT only - just names and some details of the player. 

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 11:08 PM

geraldlarousse:

WGT needs to make this happen. Rich deserves it. One of the true legends of the game.

I agree Gerald...TBE....Let me know what I can do....

~Steven~

• xXxjasonxXx
    688 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 12:54 AM

R.I.P Rich......

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 1:47 AM

SPINO1:

I wonder if next months Virtual tour Game which is at RSG could be named

"The LeGeNdCrUsHeR Memorial"

As this tour is tied in with The Golf Channel, this would give WGT a great chance to show the world what a great/kind bunch we/they are. Plus with the enhanced pay out , this would mean a great deal more of kind hearted gifting within the community.(as suggested above)

I like this Idea :)

-Roger

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 1:57 AM

I am thinking that a tourney is not enough. We as a community could and should make something that is more like Rich's heart. Like maybe the Legendcrusher Christmas in July give away. Or the Legendcrusher 12 days of Christmas give away. Or the Legendcrusher memorial fund. An account created and administered by shoe and Icon to gift needy players. We could all donate to this by WGT putting the fund in the pro shop and we could donate to it like buying something from the pro shop. This would keep Rich's memory alive and do something that was close to his heart.  

RSS