Forums

Help › Forums

LegendCrusher Memorial!!!

Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:02 AM (204 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:08 PM

This week we heard of the sad passing of one of WGT's finest guys....LegendCrusher...Rich to his friends....and he had made many on here.

We're a community....one of the best on the net and I think it only right and fitting that WGT name a weekly tourney in his honour.

It would be such a nice tribute / gesture to name a weekly tourney in his name.

i.e Week 17 or 18 Single Play or MultiRound.....LegendCrusher Memorial Tourney.

C'mon WGT...let's do this, I want this to happen... The guy was well worthy of the respect and he loved this game....gifted tons of stuff and helped many others with their game.

For me ......this is a complete No Brainer!!!

tbe

• keithm1
    1,137 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:21 PM

totally agree D,

lost one of WGT's greatest personalities and damn fine chap,

a weekly tourney may be a bit much and lose its value of the guy,

but definately a yearly memorial,and maybe a tournament series throughout the year for up and coming players with a decent prize.in his honor.

but i generally agree m8.

keithm1

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:25 PM

keithm1:
    a weekly tourney may be a bit much

i don't mean every week....

i just mean one of the weeklies or multiround.....a one off.

like next week ....Week 17...or the week after....we could name one of the tourneys in his honour. Icon had the power to do this.

• keithm1
    1,137 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:29 PM

yup D,i'm totally with you on that m8.maybe call it the weekly crusher.

thebigeasy707:

keithm1:
    a weekly tourney may be a bit much

i don't mean every week....

i just mean one of the weeklies or multiround.....a one off.

like next week ....Week 17...or the week after....we could name one of the tourneys in his honour.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:37 PM

think dbloshoe might be the 'go to' guy to set this up.

sad news, we owe LC a lot as a community.

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:41 PM

"It would be such a nice tribute to name a weekly tourney in his name."

Agreed gr8 idea

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:44 PM

I'd quite happily put up WGT $50 for the prize money for a Single Play tourney or Multi Round.

All I know is that it would be a crying shame if we didn't do something neat to show our respect to Rich. He put a lot of of his own time into helping others learn this game.

Let's do this folks.

WGT....where can I send you the prize money?

Maybe one of the admins / mods can pm me or whatever....and I'll send it over.

• keithm1
    1,137 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:53 PM

lets hope so m8...

thebigeasy707:

I'd quite happily put up WGT $50 for the prize money for a Single Play tourney or Multi Round.

All I know is that it would be a crying shame if we didn't do something neat to show our respect to Rich. He put a lot of of his own time into helping others learn this game.

Let's do this folks.

WGT....where can I send you the prize money?

Maybe one of the admins / mods can pm me or whatever....and I'll send it over.

• SafeBetAmy
    526 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:54 PM

Just as a thought, if it can be worked out with WGT, I think it would be fitting if the "prize" money could be "donated" for those "random acts of kindness" to deserving WGT beginners that Rich was so instrumental in doing.

I'd be willing to donate to a tourney like that, for sure.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:55 PM

I think this is a given and a no brainer and doubt anyone will say otherwise.

I would toss 2000 credits into the pot. I think I read somewhere that someone's idea for this memorial would be that who ever won the credits used them to randomly gift people within the community since Rich was well known for doing that sort of thing. Not sure how you put that kind of stipulation in or how that would all work, but I think having the winner or winners do that would be the ultimate tribute.

That being said, I didn't personally know Rich or ever have the pleasure of playing with him, so just basing what I am saying off of other posts, so hopefully I am not way off the mark

Regardless I will still toss 2000 credits into the pot. So friend me TBE and let me know when where and what I have to do

RSS