Forums

Help › Forums

LegendCrusher Memorial!!!

Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:02 AM (204 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:43 AM

My two cents worth.

How much effort does it take for WGT to acknowledge this thread. 

Just Saying.

• hobbe95
    812 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 11:39 AM

i bet sho or icon cant get this workin cus they have to ask  up and loose that way..

• Minkywinkster
    1,777 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 12:16 PM

That's sad news indeed, such a lovely man. I played with Rich on a number of occasions. He was certainly taken from this world far, far ahead of his time. I will happily contribute to anything organised in his honour

• Danmark2010
    805 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 12:56 PM

thebigeasy707:

This week we heard of the sad passing of one of WGT's finest guys....LegendCrusher...Rich to his friends....and he had made many on here.

We're a community....one of the best on the net and I think it only right and fitting that WGT name a weekly tourney in his honour.

It would be such a nice tribute / gesture to name a weekly tourney in his name.

i.e Week 17 or 18 Single Play or MultiRound.....LegendCrusher Memorial Tourney.

C'mon WGT...let's do this, I want this to happen... The guy was well worthy of the respect and he loved this game....gifted tons of stuff and helped many others with their game.

For me ......this is a complete No Brainer!!!

tbe

Well is not the only one a great player at the wgt, but it was a very good player that is true.WGT should not do something special just because is a good player sory for this.Players come and gooo here at the wgt

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:01 PM

You know, after Chris died last year,   I suggested that WGT make a Wall of remembrance for our fallen members.   Sadly it fell on WGT's deaf ears.    

These guys and gals deserve some sort of page or something.  We've laughed , cried and loved these people.  

Ox

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:24 PM

A fantastic idea TBE. I understand what your trying to do totally. Just a short and sweet weekly tournament to Honor a WGT member that was a class act and one of the most generous players here. Whether it's for credits or just for fun it doesn't matter just like you said Davey. It's just giving WGT members and WGT a chance to Honor someone that was a class act. I believe it's Icon that always says "Lets keep it classy". Let's see if they can practice what they preach.

MrCaddie, also a great idea and I hope all that have seen it, will remember it and play.

Someone had mentioned that they had seen that someone else was going to run a Memorial tournament for Rich, in which all the credits won would be donated to unknown players. That was me. To me it's just the best way to Honor Rich and what he stood for.

For all that are interested please follow this link:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/231458/1669615.aspx#1669615

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:25 PM

SteveOx:
    You know, after Chris died last year,   I suggested that WGT make a Wall of remembrance for our fallen members.   Sadly it fell on WGT's deaf ears.    

And forever will do.....

They worried about setting a president maybe ?

The next member who passes away may not be as well known as Rich, but his / her friends feel the same loss we do now ?

SteveOx:
     These guys and gals deserve some sort of page or something.  We've laughed , cried and loved these people.  

^^^^

We got a leaderboard, easy to make a loss board ?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:29 PM

mantis0014:

SPINO1:

I wonder if next months Virtual tour Game which is at RSG could be named

"The LeGeNdCrUsHeR Memorial"

As this tour is tied in with The Golf Channel, this would give WGT a great chance to show the world what a great/kind bunch we/they are. Plus with the enhanced pay out , this would mean a great deal more of kind hearted gifting within the community.(as suggested above)

I like this Idea :)

-Roger

ditto, R

And Spino1 got it spot on !!

Look at what he said WGT..We can be nice ppl / community...join the club ?

Andy

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 3:36 PM

i knew Rich fairly well, not only as a player but as a father and provider for his daughters...i am deeply saddened by this as are most of this community, and feel as thou a part of me is now missing

looking at it from WGT`s side is quite a bit different thou i am assuming....as a business they need proof (such as death certificate) before making official announcements, and do not want to put in the effort

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 3:47 PM

can I toss the thought about the newest 'tier' ?  It seems clear to me.

Missin ya Rich

RSS