Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2014 edition

Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:46 PM (149 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 1:35 PM

bhoese:
    I propose a one time exception to the rules in which Corwyn is allowed to play with a marker.

Actually, I'm only saying this as a means of well-wishing, as I'm pretty sure that Corwyn would be reluctant to fiddle with the ol' worm can like that.  Then again, if enough are in favor...

Get well soon, Corwyn's computer!

It's very kind of you to make this suggestion Ben, and thank you everyone else for even considering it... but Ben's right, I wouldn't dream of opening up that ol' can of worms. It's a tough break, but that's how it is. I'm just hoping I'll be back up and running soon enough to stay in contention.

I'm writing this from the Apple Store, and discovering how justified the Genius Bar designation really is ;) (hint, this is my 4th visit in 5 days, and the machine is headed out for external repair as a last resort!).

Disappointed to see that we have Olympic again this week... What happened, Shoe? I thought we were all set for a full rotation of 12 courses over these 12 weeks...

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 4:32 PM

Corwyn:
     I'm disappointed that I'll miss this week's round at Olympic (which has been a happy hunting ground for me: two 61s in the Winter tours for wins each time).

Corwyn:
    Disappointed to see that we have Olympic again this week... What happened, Shoe? I thought we were all set for a full rotation of 12 courses over these 12 weeks...

Maybe Shoe was being nice and giving you another opportunity to play Olympic, since you missed the previous week at Olympic.... or it could be something else entirely...lol

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 8:45 PM

Corwyn:

I'm writing this from the Apple Store, and discovering how justified the Genius Bar designation really is ;) (hint, this is my 4th visit in 5 days, and the machine is headed out for external repair as a last resort!).

Yeah really..."fist through screen" shouldn't be so tough to diagnose.

• cricketrules
    1,050 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 11:53 AM

Finally managed to get a decent round in for this Tour. Obviously still early days but pretty pleased to be atop the leaderboard with a 64. Came in with a 30, helped by an eagle after this approach at 17, which I don't normally take on even with flat lies.

Oh, and good to see you playing again, Johnny. Any chance of you making your way back to Bridgestone soon?

Jack.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:59 PM

Very nice indeed Jack.

I'd like to nominate this shot as a potential shot of the championship.  I couldn't move the marker enough next to the green, I had to move it a long way towards me in order to get enough correction.   I was hoping for good things after a start like that but a 67 is OK again I think.

I'd also like to nominate this putt as oooooooh! of the championship.  Damn thing finished 0.3 feet from the hole and 1 inch down.  On champ greens too.   And for birdie.

I'm getting more and more into these uneven lies, they really require a lot of course management and a much wider range of shots than normal lies.  I think this round was the first time I've had to punch my 3 iron from a fairway.

• petethepup
    204 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:23 AM

hi all, just posting so i can put this thread in my discussions. thanks.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:47 PM

cricketrules:
    Finally managed to get a decent round in for this Tour. Obviously still early days but pretty pleased to be atop the leaderboard with a 64. Came in with a 30, helped by an eagle after this approach at 17, which I don't normally take on even with flat lies.

Nice shooting Jack! I got my computer back fully functional at last, and have shaken off some of the rust from my game... For a while today, I thought I was going to pip you this week, but just as in wk13, I failed to find a birdie on any of the last 3 holes... Maddening!

I thought I'd blown any chance of a good round with bogeys on #1 and #5, but found a Bubba-like streak with 5 birds in a row from #11, and some very nice long putts (#6, #13, #14), that put me in position to win, but couldn't finish it off once again. Card and stats here if anyone's interested.

Some very impressive 60s in the TL tier: great going Dazza, and Javier!

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 6:11 PM

Holy crap!  Three 54s have been posted on the first day this week.  Please don't tell me they forgot to turn the lies on.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 6:38 PM

It's BPB. So it's the same as not turning the lies on!!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 7:13 PM

fmagnets:

It's BPB. So it's the same as not turning the lies on!!

You Rock Mags! :))) BPB plays kinda easier in UEL but you still had to make all the putts. Stunning scores by yourself and 2 others in TL. Can't imgaine playing that well with the Champ Greens. What's the wind for TL? Legend it's Moderate.

RSS