Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2014 edition

Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:46 PM (149 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 10:49 AM

MainzMan:

I'm very new to uneven lies but thought I'd give this a go, it seems like such a good idea and I really appreciate the effort being put into it.

Whistler was pretty tough, I expected Olympic to be even worse but did OK apart from the 9th hole where I blew my 3 under for 8 with a triple bogie.  I'm very happy with a 67 overall, not challenging the big guns but not bad for someone who relies purely on guesswork as to how far off line to aim.

Thanks Corwyn, great job you're doing here.

67 is very good beginner to UEL or not on Olympic. I shot a scrambling 65 that left a sour taste in my mouth. I've played the UEL from the first day it was introduced in it's first form. What we have now is the easier version. Don't know why but I kept clicking early on approach shots and left myself some extremely tricky 2 putt pars and some brutal up and downs from left side of greens. I did manage to Eagle the 7th with a tee shot on the green. Also made a mess of 16 with a bogie and missed a 4 foot putt for birdie on 10 by clicking early. I usually get back some good for bad to even it out but this round it just didn't happen. I made no long putts or  hit an approach to un-missable distance. Just a struggle from 1-18 and happy to put it behind me.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 1:44 PM

CerinoDevoti:

Just a struggle from 1-18 and happy to put it behind me.

We should write a song called that to sing while we play UEL rounds.

Thanks for the nice words, I look forward to being more active in this series.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Apr 6 2014 1:00 PM

Heads up everyone...

My laptop died on Wednesday, and an initial repair has failed. I am likely to be offline for at least a few more days, maybe a week plus, as it's our only computer. So apologies in advance that the Tour Standings will not be updated quickly this week...

... also, I'm disappointed that I'll miss this week's round at Olympic (which has been a happy hunting ground for me: two 61s in the Winter tours for wins each time).

Good luck to everyone still to play this week!

Corwyn

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:29 PM

I propose a one time exception to the rules in which Corwyn is allowed to play with a marker.

Actually, I'm only saying this as a means of well-wishing, as I'm pretty sure that Corwyn would be reluctant to fiddle with the ol' worm can like that.  Then again, if enough are in favor...

Get well soon, Corwyn's computer!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:42 PM

bhoese:
     Then again, if enough are in favor...

Sure most wouldn't mind....

Will have to play more practice rounds before doing the UEL weeklies, it's too hard trying to get ding / putter timing right and remember what the dots mean playing once a week.

Even tried a F9 warm up this week on OLY, It didn't help much with the amount of putts left  4 - 8 inches short  LOL

Andy

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 4:40 AM

Incredible, it is Olympic again!!!

...or, am I getting crazy?

Eric

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 5:34 AM

LOLserver:

Incredible, it is Olympic again!!!

...or, am I getting crazy?

Eric

sadly..dont think I will play as well this time around LOL

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 6:19 AM

and 72...played ***. thats pretty much all I can say

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 6:59 AM

Bogey on the first... DB on the last despite single putting the green.

1st time for a while I've been able to complete an 18 hole UL round.

Was going along fine till the last. Hit a perfectly good tee shot to about 60 yards from the hole. Hit 80 yard clevey wedge  thinking a par will do me nicely  - no idea how, ball never even got past bunker and my nemesis 'Mr. flashing red box' appeared - 3 shots later finished with a tap in putt for a 6 and a round of 68. Just hoping the fact that I was able to finish may be a sign of an upturn in my UL fortunes.

Good luck to all.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 11:36 AM

bhoese:

I propose a one time exception to the rules in which Corwyn is allowed to play with a marker.

Actually, I'm only saying this as a means of well-wishing, as I'm pretty sure that Corwyn would be reluctant to fiddle with the ol' worm can like that.  Then again, if enough are in favor...

Get well soon, Corwyn's computer!

I'm ok, if everybody else is.  Just a question, given Corwyn's computer problems, wouldn't it be more difficult playing a multi player round with a marker ?

Though I'm happy for him to delay his round till the problems are resolved.

RSS