Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2014 edition

Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:46 PM (149 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 2:57 AM

I was a bit late entering tour as I was away working in London for 3 weeks, but just about scraped in If i finish every event from B'Page onwards.  Quite pleased with a 58 with first uneven lie round for months

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 7:17 AM

Nice shooting, Chris! I got a kick out of seeing your name in the leaderboard -- glad you're giving the Tour a shot!

Lots of great scores at Bethpage in wk16: congrats again to those with 54s (Mags grabbed the TL win on the tie-breaker), and congrats to bigseanbig, with a super 56 to win Legend tier (along with some "drats" from myself as Sean's score consigned me to another 2nd place, lol!).

Last night's closing scores have been entered in the spreadsheet, which is now up-to-date (awaiting credit allocations in a few days to complete wk16).

Good luck to all at Best of Famous this week!

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 11:23 AM

Jez thought 54 would do it last week. trouble with BP is its flat and has flat greens so with little wind UL hardly affects it if you put your drives in the right place. Just played this week and don't think I could have done any better so very pleased. A few very dangerous holes out there.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 5:24 AM

Oh ffs 56, kick a man while he's down why don't you.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 9:02 AM

Oh man... bad luck Paul! I can commiserate with you. You obviously want a win in one of these. It'll come... just have patience!

It's a good thing this is a Tour, so you can focus on sustained good scoring. After all, you're one of just 4 players with 3 top 10 finishes.

• BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:49 AM

Just turned in the best round of my very short uneven lies career, a 68 at St Andrews (low wind, tourney greens, Master tees).  Only blemishes came after a BADLY mishit putt on 13 led to a 3 putt, and even though I found the fairway, surprisingly, on 17, the slope led to an absolute worm burner that made a bee line for the bunker.  Had a semi decent lie in the trap -- only 30/40 and it was green, but with a bunker that deep and a silly little starter ball to boot, its highly unlikely I'm getting up and down. Even Stevie Wonder himself could have seen that 5 coming a mile away, LoL.  What really makes me mad though is I missed a 4.2 foot putt for Bird on 7, so even with the bogeys on the back 9, I should have had a 67, if only I could putt haha.  Currently I'm in the top 60 for my tier, so if the 68 holds up I just might have a shot at 2 or 3 free credits hahhahahahaha. 

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Wed, Apr 23 2014 2:30 PM

so just play and we're entered?

=bk=

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Apr 23 2014 3:45 PM

That's right bk... just play and you're automatically included (so long as you score either par or better, or finish in the top 70 in your tier and thus amongst the credit prizes, then your score gets added to the Tour standings).

Please note: the best 9 scores relative to par sheet will only count scores of par or better. Anything worse than par will count as par for the purpose of that sheet (it's just a result of how the spreadsheet works: it's either treat those scores and WDs as 0 or create some arbitrary number instead; since all the top placings will be well under par anyway, it's somewhat academic).

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 7:42 AM

Heads up folks!

The fact that this week's course is Best of Par 5s throws a bit of a wobbly into the Tour.

While the Bo5 course is a fascinating challenge in UEL (with its heightened risk/reward in terms of going for greens for eagles), it's not comparable to the other courses.

I'm considering whether or not it can work to include this week's tourney in the Tour (because it will distort the Scores Relative to Par significantly, and create an unfair disadvantage to someone unable to play this week).

I hope to make a final decision by the end of the day. If we do omit results from this week (for all Standings sheets, or just some of them), I will add a week to the Tour.

Also, please note that if Best of Par 3s is chosen as a course, we will definitely skip that week altogether (as it may not test UEL skills much at all!)

Thanks, Corwyn

P.S. Scoring results are now in the spreadsheet from wk17's BoF tourney, but we are still awaiting credit allocations for wk16 BPB.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 11:26 AM

Corwyn:

Heads up folks!

The fact that this week's course is Best of Par 5s throws a bit of a wobbly into the Tour.

While the Bo5 course is a fascinating challenge in UEL (with its heightened risk/reward in terms of going for greens for eagles), it's not comparable to the other courses.

I'm considering whether or not it can work to include this week's tourney in the Tour (because it will distort the Scores Relative to Par significantly, and create an unfair disadvantage to someone unable to play this week).

I hope to make a final decision by the end of the day. If we do omit results from this week (for all Standings sheets, or just some of them), I will add a week to the Tour.

Also, please note that if Best of Par 3s is chosen as a course, we will definitely skip that week altogether (as it may not test UEL skills much at all!)

Thanks, Corwyn

P.S. Scoring results are now in the spreadsheet from wk17's BoF tourney, but we are still awaiting credit allocations for wk16 BPB.

week 16's just came in :)

RSS