Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2014 edition

Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:46 PM (149 replies)
  • bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 5:44 AM

LOLserver:

Ops, there is NO single UEL 18 holes tournament this week :-(....or is it only me that cannot find it?

Hope Shoe or Icon are following this thread, it would be a pity to change the hole concept of qualifying.

Eric

EDIT. I have pm Icon on the situation, I hope he or Shoe can do something about it.

Cheers guys

None of the weeklies are up yet, so I wouldn't worry.  Somebody forgot to set his alarm.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:25 AM

Phew....they are all up now :-).

Tough Olympic round with UEL, good luck everyone.

Eric

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 2:25 PM

fmag sets the early pace with 61, I myself did a 63. Its tough course to do UEL on as you must rely on putting a lot.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 11:27 AM

Mags is certainly the player to beat right now, having won wk13, and finishing top in the whole initial Winter UEL Tour.

I've just posted the wrap-up Standings for that first Tour, and plan on catching up with some screenshot postings here in the thread for the first week (wk13) in this Tour tomorrow, as WGT have now caught up and also allocated credits etc.

Good luck to everyone at Olympic!

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:21 AM

I played Olympic after work this morning, maybe I should have had a few practice rounds but this hotel wifi is like the old school dial up. I had to close game client and restart almost after every shot and didn't have the patience to work out the lies and slopes, so I just hacked round a 73.

I will be home Monday & Tues so hope to get a better showing next week, and pray next weeks hotel will be in the 21st century!

Anyway, great work once again Corwyn and good luck to everyone.

Neil

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 10:41 AM

Thanks Neil... it's a pity you're on the road so much. I can't imagine how hard it must be to always have an unpredictable connection.

---------------------------------------------------

So, wk13's tourney at Whistler was a close-fought round both in TL and L tier. fmagnets pipped it on the tie-breaker in the TLs, while BoomBoomBonham took the L tie-breaker. They head the combined credit standings after our first week.

I know at least one player (myself, lol!) who's kicking himself for not winning outright, having needed just one birdie on any of the last 3 holes for the win. That said, several other chances slipped by earlier (including this near-miss on #4). 

Since some people are having trouble accessing the new Google Sheets, I'll post snapshots each week of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk12 Tourney: Whistler scores:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined 'Relative to Par' Standings:

Please note: you don't have to sign up or anything to be a part of this Tour: just play in the free weekly UEL single-play tourney, and your name will appear in the standings (so long as you shoot par or better, or finish in the credit placings in your tier).

If you want to be considered for a place in either the USA or ROW team for the next UEL Ryder Cup, it would be helpful to me if you could post in that thread, indicating your intent to try and qualify, and for which team. Once we get further into this Spring Tour, and once I have indicators from players, I'll add a sheet that tracks who's on target to make the teams.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 1:30 PM

Whistler then Olympic, a very tough start to the tour....

Let me guess, Merion next, possibly ?

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 1:06 AM

Olympic was tough, it would have been nice to get round in par but a 71 is not too bad, too many fairways missed, great course to play on uneven

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 2:42 AM

I'm very new to uneven lies but thought I'd give this a go, it seems like such a good idea and I really appreciate the effort being put into it.

Whistler was pretty tough, I expected Olympic to be even worse but did OK apart from the 9th hole where I blew my 3 under for 8 with a triple bogie.  I'm very happy with a 67 overall, not challenging the big guns but not bad for someone who relies purely on guesswork as to how far off line to aim.

Thanks Corwyn, great job you're doing here.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 4:51 AM

MainzMan:

I'm very new to uneven lies but thought I'd give this a go, it seems like such a good idea and I really appreciate the effort being put into it.

Whistler was pretty tough, I expected Olympic to be even worse but did OK apart from the 9th hole where I blew my 3 under for 8 with a triple bogie.  I'm very happy with a 67 overall, not challenging the big guns but not bad for someone who relies purely on guesswork as to how far off line to aim.

Thanks Corwyn, great job you're doing here.

Welcome to the tour MM,  I'm glad to see you're now an Uneven Lie convert.

RSS