Forums

Help › Forums

Kat's Calculators - Version 2.0 Beta is now available.

Sun, Dec 26 2021 2:36 PM (300 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 12:34 PM

Wow Hazen ... quite the shot!  I never even considered doing that (putting in the average distance on each club without spin).  What a great idea!

Tell me you made the birdie please!  And if you did, I hope you were so close that you didn't need to use the calculator!  lol!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 12:37 PM

LOL,  happy to report that the birdie putt was made, and without any use of the calculator. HEHEHE.

DaddysKat:
    Wow Hazen ... quite the shot!  

Thanks!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 3:21 PM

I  plugged in the distances for my irons with no spin.
    Thats what I did allowing a couple of yards for off-ding hit's....that's what is so good about this program, everybody plays different and you can adjust it on the fly...

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 3:39 PM

fatdan:

Thats what I did allowing a couple of yards for off-ding hit's....that's what is so good about this program, everybody plays different and you can adjust it on the fly...

I really love the tips you guys have come up with.  I've been so busy designing it that I hardly get the chance to use it!  lol.  If you have the calculator and have come up with ideas or suggestions that will help the community, please share!  Lots of calculator newbs out there (me included).

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 4:08 PM

DaddysKat:

fatdan:

I really love the tips you guys have come up with.  I've been so busy designing it that I hardly get the chance to use it!  lol.  If you have the calculator and have come up with ideas or suggestions that will help the community, please share!  Lots of calculator newbs out there (me included).

Since I usually use full spin with the speed blades and 3 wood, no spin on the clevelands - I plugged in my distances as I charted them with how I use them.  nice program.

• WinterHawk1951
    392 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 4:24 PM

I've been a Master for what seems like forever. I would totally enjoy giving your calculations a try. Version is your choice, # 2 would be better tho, if that be possible?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 7:25 PM

My goodness...  this is a great program.  Well Done Kat :)

Just started to muck around with it today. 

The biggest problem I have is my approach shots to green...  all my other shots get me out of the pickle...lol Cross winds are just hit or miss for me...  either nail them or try and pick up the pieces with my putting.

Without sounding like a hack,  the Calculator will tell you how far to move the Aim left or right in feet...    How do you know the distance to move flag/aim. 

At the moment I just move Aim according to wind... and hit ball.   Calculater will tell me...  move Aim 13ft left...  which I have no Idea.. where is 13ft ...lol

-Roger

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 7:44 PM

mantis0014:
    where is 13ft ...lol

Roger,

I read somewhere here in the forums that the average flagstick height is seven ft. Using that for a reference seems to help.

Doc :)

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 8:25 PM

mantis0014:

My goodness...  this is a great program.  Well Done Kat :)

Just started to muck around with it today. 

The biggest problem I have is my approach shots to green...  all my other shots get me out of the pickle...lol Cross winds are just hit or miss for me...  either nail them or try and pick up the pieces with my putting.

Without sounding like a hack,  the Calculator will tell you how far to move the Aim left or right in feet...    How do you know the distance to move flag/aim. 

At the moment I just move Aim according to wind... and hit ball.   Calculater will tell me...  move Aim 13ft left...  which I have no Idea.. where is 13ft ...lol

-Roger

I set myself to chip.  The chip box on the green is 20 feet wide.  I adjust the box accordingly then go back to full or punch and hit my distance.  Works perfectly fine in dialing in.  Now if I could only ding the shots once in awhile and putt worth a lick I wouldn't be a hack legend in the mid-60s.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 8:38 PM

commonguymd:
    I set myself to chip.  The chip box on the green is 20 feet wide.  I adjust the box accordingly then go back to full or punch and hit my distance.  Works perfectly fine in dialing in.  Now if I could only ding the shots once in awhile and putt worth a lick I wouldn't be a hack legend in the mid-60s.

+1 ... although I use the pitch grid.  Also, if you get a tiny grid, you can use Adobe's "zoom in" feature.  Just right-click and select zoom in, then move the pointer the desired distance.  If you zoom in, you will have to right click and zoom out.  AND DON'T FORGET ... CHANGE YOUR SHOT BACK TO EITHER FULL OR PUNCH!!!!  That's my biggest mistake!

RSS