Forums

Help › Forums

Kat's Calculators - Version 2.0 Beta is now available.

Sun, Dec 26 2021 2:36 PM (300 replies)
  • unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 12:34 AM

I'm using Bilko's calc at the moment, which works for me, and I translate the distance added for a head wind into sidewind equivalent........But I would love to try your program for something different, if you don't mind.

Thanks

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 12:37 AM

commonguymd:
    I want your distance to the pin.  12 is pretty darn good I might say.  Pretty darn good.  I want both you all's putting prowess

I'd actually like to get mine closer to 10' ... I've got a ways to go for that however!  

One thing the calc does for you ... if you map out the wind as I suggest in the documentation provided on the link, Assuming 10' from center to end can be adjusted by increasing the crosswind variable.  For example, if you're 100 yards out with your crosswind set to 1 and you find yourself throwing darts at the flag with 10 MPH winds, you're golden ... don't change that estimated distance of the grid.  For the same winds, if you're assuming a 25' grid (12 1/2' to center), that crosswind would need to be 1.25 feet per 100.  For my example, I'd need to have it set to 1.2

The calculator is designed to fit your game, not the other way around.  Whatever you use to get the distance ... once you get crosswinds dialed in, don't change your distance or you'll have to change the crosswind setting as well!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 12:41 AM

unclenewy:

I'm using Bilko's calc at the moment, which works for me, and I translate the distance added for a head wind into sidewind equivalent........But I would love to try your program for something different, if you don't mind.

Thanks

I don't mind at all ... send me a PM and I'll shoot the link over to you!

• auntytony
    460 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 1:13 AM

hI AND I WOULD LOVE TO TRY YOUR V2.0 CALCULATOR AS I AM NOT USING ANYTHING AT THE MOMENT AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF i COULD ADVANCE ANY FASTER .

THANKS IN ADVANCE HAVE SENT AN FRIEND INVITE 

AUNTYTONY

• nigyrob
    92 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 2:14 AM

Kat - one word, Wow.

Distance 161

Elevation 4 up

Moved flag 10.7ft to the right

Dinged shot (gotta get lucky once in ya life eh)

Dropped ball 3 inches from pin!!

Got lucky - Maybe

Impressed - Absolutely

All I can say = Wow, wow, wow !!

Great bit of Kit Kat :-)

Cheers

Nige

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 7:37 AM

I sent a friend request DK.  Very interested in your chart.  I need ALL the help I can get.  I do have a couple of questions I'd like to ask you when you acfdept my friend request.  I will gladly gift you a sleeve of Nike balls.

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 9:28 AM

DaddysKat:

commonguymd:
    I want your distance to the pin.  12 is pretty darn good I might say.  Pretty darn good.  I want both you all's putting prowess

I'd actually like to get mine closer to 10' ... I've got a ways to go for that however!  

One thing the calc does for you ... if you map out the wind as I suggest in the documentation provided on the link, Assuming 10' from center to end can be adjusted by increasing the crosswind variable.  For example, if you're 100 yards out with your crosswind set to 1 and you find yourself throwing darts at the flag with 10 MPH winds, you're golden ... don't change that estimated distance of the grid.  For the same winds, if you're assuming a 25' grid (12 1/2' to center), that crosswind would need to be 1.25 feet per 100.  For my example, I'd need to have it set to 1.2

The calculator is designed to fit your game, not the other way around.  Whatever you use to get the distance ... once you get crosswinds dialed in, don't change your distance or you'll have to change the crosswind setting as well!

I set it to 1.3 so I can use the grid like I have been using and first round was good.  I haven't toyed with the putting part yet.  I tried a bit but the calculations are way different than what I use so I have to figure out and practice with it and look at the settings.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 10:49 AM

mathia14:
    Very interested in your chart.  I need ALL the help I can get.  I do have a couple of questions I'd like to ask you when you acfdept my friend request.  I will gladly gift you a sleeve of Nike balls.

Nice jesture>smile<

Even though she did this to give away as gifts for her birthday, if it helps you she shouldn't have to buy balls for a long time....I know some of the regulars have gifted her balls without posting it because that is the way the community does things...for the newer folks, try it out, if it helps you and you have extra credits it would be a nice token of appreciation, she has a lot of time invested in this program and keep in mind it is still a work in progress, the impression I get from my brief chats with Kat is there will be at least a version: 5.0 before she is satisfied with it LOL...

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 11:31 AM

commonguymd:
    I set it to 1.3 so I can use the grid like I have been using and first round was good.  I haven't toyed with the putting part yet.  I tried a bit but the calculations are way different than what I use so I have to figure out and practice with it and look at the settings.

Right now I have my crosswinds set at 1.8.  Play some practice rounds.  Take lots and lots of mulligans until you get the calculator dialed in.  Set the winds to at least moderate, so you can get an idea how the winds are affecting your distance.  If you have a headwind and you come up short from what the calculator says, adjust the headwind percentage up.  If you are finding yourself long, adjust the headwind percentage down. Do the same with tailwinds.

For crosswinds, if you are told to adjust 10 feet right and the shot stays right, increase that distance.  If it goes to the left of the hole, reduce it.

Since you stated that you can 3 putt a 5 footer, more than likely you're a bit of a 'slammer'  Try the calculation powers the calculator gives you ... on uphill putts, don't go any stronger than 18 inches ... that's the miss point.  On downhill putts, don't go any further than 6".

If you watch the video on my link, at the end I purposely hit the shot long.  That particular hole has a huge downhill break.  I think the putt I attempted was 21' with 8" of downhill break.  The calc returned "use 7.4 feet power" or "12.3" percent on a 60' putter scale.  I hit that putt at a bit over 13% and missed on purpose.  I think the end result was a bit over 2 feet long ... so the 12.3% was right on the money ... the ball would have stopped around that 6" margin.

Final suggestion to those that are eager to advance in tiers ... mainly, "don't".  Play lots of practice games ... get to know the community by friending people that love AS and MP games, and play for fun.  If it takes you to level 100 to get to legend, so what ... as long as you're having fun.  I hit legend at level 67 ... and played with inferior equipment for the longest time.  Just have fun ... do lots and lots of practice games on all the courses ... enjoy your time and your friends.  Legend and Tour Legend shouldn't be your goal ... having fun and making friends ... that's the cool thing about WGT!"  Enjoy the ride ... don't be in such a rush!  It gets windier from the back tees!

Kat ♥

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 11:34 AM

fatdan:
    keep in mind it is still a work in progress, the impression I get from my brief chats with Kat is there will be at least a version: 5.0 before she is satisfied with it LOL...

I wonder if I'll ever be satisfied with it, Dan.  lol.  It's just the way I'm built, I guess.

RSS