Forums

Help › Forums

Kat's Calculators - Version 2.0 Beta is now available.

Sun, Dec 26 2021 2:36 PM (300 replies)
  • CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 9:56 PM

commonguymd:
    The chip box on the green is 20 feet wide

????

Didn't you mean 24 inches? (2 ft)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 10:01 PM

CanineSupervisor:

commonguymd:
    The chip box on the green is 20 feet wide

????

Didn't you mean 24 inches? (2 ft)

20 feet.  If for instance I have to have a shot I need to move left 10 feet, I move it half the grid.   It's pretty accurate that way on the approach for me.

• Saint006
    83 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 10:32 PM

Chaka Hungry, Chaka need Tacos and burritos

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 10:40 PM

if your in the fairway and go to chip/zoom in the flag is in the middle of a grid square and it is 13ft to the last/outside grid line going to either side....at least it is on my PC.

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 10:53 PM

fatdan:

if your in the fairway and go to chip/zoom in the flag is in the middle of a grid square and it is 13ft to the last/outside grid line going to either side....at least it is on my PC.

I will have to play with that number.  If that adds to my accuracy, all the better.  It's worked at 20, but heck I'd like to be closer to the pin since I can't putt worth a lick at times.  For the most part using it as a 20 foot cross section has had me near enough to get decent birdie putts and I don't seem to be off line one way or the other when I ding.  My average distance to the pin continues to fall and is now at 15ft and I think I am usually closer to 10 feet and most of that is distance related or mis-ding.  Gonna give that a try though.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 11:16 PM

+1 Dan ... I play mine as 12'  I just drag mine to the line and blow off the jagged ends.  If I'm not in zoom, I take the grid as 26' side to side.

• ozysouthpaw
    2,863 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 11:36 PM

DaddysKat:
    either reply to this post

Hi there Kat.

I wouldn't mind having a go at this if you don't mind  :-)

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 11:46 PM

Saint006:

Chaka Hungry, Chaka need Tacos and burritos

Dude?????  Trolling my thread???? What's up with that???  If you were after a copy of my calculators program, you blew it.  You're now on my blocked list.  I guess you'll have to get that link elsewhere!

May I suggest Bilko's calculator or vgg?  Both are really good!  

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 11:46 PM

ozysouthpaw:

DaddysKat:
    either reply to this post

Hi there Kat.

I wouldn't mind having a go at this if you don't mind  :-)

Hey Oz ... 

Send me a PM and I'll reply with the thread!  Hope you enjoy!

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 11:58 PM

DaddysKat:

+1 Dan ... I play mine as 12'  I just drag mine to the line and blow off the jagged ends.  If I'm not in zoom, I take the grid as 26' side to side.

I played a round and my tired itchy trigger finger and weary eyes couldn't come close to hitting the mark to see if expanding the distance helps yet.  New Nike clubs I am trying to figure out doesn't help either but tomorrow I will give yours and Dan's wider block a try to see if I can dial in further.  I want your distance to the pin.  12 is pretty darn good I might say.  Pretty darn good.  I want both you all's putting prowess.  I can three putt from 5 feet.

RSS