Forums

Help › Forums

Kat's Calculators - Version 2.0 Beta is now available.

Sun, Dec 26 2021 2:36 PM (300 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 6:54 PM

Hi Kat ,,, Nice to see you 

iaaVR ( R ) ft 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 8:05 PM

DaddysKat:
    PS:  All ... I finally had surgery on my hand yesterday.  So looking forward to getting full movement in my right hand again.  It's going to be a while, but at least that pain I was getting when I moved a finger in my hand is finally gone!

You still have a left hand....lol.  I'm a lefthander with most things... but use my right hand to use the mouse, I tried once using me left hand once to click...  bad mistake.....lol

How's the Right hand going, hope all is good.

-Roger

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 3:34 PM

Kat - two questions + 1 comment

Questions : 

1. It has been almost 2 months since your surgery - how's the hand?

2. Whose picture is on the "Putting Calculator" ?

Comment:

Your effort, with this program, is appreciated more than most people will understand. The accuracy of the "range - distance" calculation is remarkable. I'm still having a bit of trouble with adjusting the "cross wind factor" but the ball is, by and large, falling close enough to drop my scores by quite a bit!  

THANK YOU FOR THE EFFORT AND YOUR SHARING - (sharing is not uncommon here but meaningful sharing that reduces players' scores is!!)

• Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 8:05 AM

Kat would like your calculator.  Have one myself in Excel would like to try yours have sent you a friends request

Thanks 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 8:23 AM

mantis0014:

You still have a left hand....lol.  I'm a lefthander with most things... but use my right hand to use the mouse, I tried once using me left hand once to click...  bad mistake.....lol

How's the Right hand going, hope all is good.

-Roger

I'm either going to have another surgery or live with the fact that my RH Index finger just doesn't cooperate like it used to.  All's well ... I don't write that often and my LH  penmanship has really improved.  I'm kinda getting my timing down with the LH mouse ... and someday might even get back to being as good as I once was at this game.

Thanks for asking ... BTW, who started this Lazarus Effect anyway?  I was sure this thread had run its course.

• balljim789
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 30 2014 2:42 AM

i kat,would loce to try your calculator

thx

• Richard8110
    1,005 Posts
    Mon, Jun 30 2014 3:35 PM

Hi Kat, I would like to try your Calculator if i may

Thanks

Richard

• ForePlease
    24 Posts
    Wed, Jul 2 2014 11:32 PM

I would also like to try the calculator.

Thanks for the help!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 6:52 AM

Time for my A-hole entry:

First, I'd like to start by wishing Kat a belated happy birthday (never saw the original thread), and to hope for her speedy recovery.  Having said that...

These 2 threads have increased my DNP list tenfold.  I consider this a quasi-cheat, and I don't play cheats.  I find it both ironic and disgusting that golf, a sport that's highly cerebral, can now be "mastered" by dolts, dimwits, and doofs who can just punch numbers into a tiny box and have a computer tell them what to do.

I have too much integrity to ever use one of these things - and if I lose, I lose with the knowledge that I didn't play good enough.  There's zero honor in up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-starting your way to a win.

If your math and basic problem solving skills suck so badly that you need something like this to compete, you're just plain pathetic.  Period.

Have a nice day.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 7:28 AM

MichaelStroke:
    I consider this a quasi-cheat, and I don't play cheats.

MichaelStroke:
    I have too much integrity to ever use one of these things - and if I lose, I lose with the knowledge that I didn't play good enough.  There's zero honor in up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-starting your way to a win.

Very uninformed view IMO.

It is not for me either, but to suggest it's anything other than a very legitimate aid is ridiculous.  The person who put this together put in a great deal of work doing so, and freely shared it with the community helping many who like doing things that way.

Poor post mate.

RSS