Forums

Help › Forums

Kat's Calculators - Version 2.0 Beta is now available.

Sun, Dec 26 2021 2:36 PM (300 replies)
  • alberich35
    858 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 9:51 PM

If you have sand un friend invite to Kat, refresh and you'll get the MP button and can send a message for program request.

I just did it.

• 19robert55
    42 Posts
    Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:17 PM

DaddysKat:
    If you would like to obtain a copy of version 1.1 or try out the new version 2.0 and do not have a link (or have removed your link), either reply to this post or send me a PM.

kat i would love to try your program out plz send me the link

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:00 AM

19robert55:

DaddysKat:
    If you would like to obtain a copy of version 1.1 or try out the new version 2.0 and do not have a link (or have removed your link), either reply to this post or send me a PM.

kat i would love to try your program out plz send me the link

Hey Robert,

Can you send me a PM?  I'll be happy to send you the link.  

• MJester2
    5 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 11:06 PM

ca n you send me the link please

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 4:59 AM

Dave, due to being a facebook user, i cant send you a friend request unless we are actually playing.  Can you post link to my wall?   thanks

• Bozoclown123
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 5:42 PM

How does one get a copy without friending?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:59 PM

Bozoclown123:

How does one get a copy without friending?

There's nearly 300 copies of the link floating around.  Maybe one of your friends has the link?

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 4:49 AM

Kat,

Got the friend request and link.  thank you sir

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 6:26 AM

WoW. This is very impressive.

KAT, a couple of simple request that will save keystrokes/mouse movements.  I have a spreadsheet that does a lot of what your program does (definitely not to the professionalism as your does).  I anticipate moving away from it.  but am on the fence right now due to having to enter data, go to mouse, enter data. etc.

1) can you have it "suggest" the club and percentage for you (but of course allow you to choose another club)?  I do this in excel by looking at the adjusted distance to hole, then looking at the two clubs the distance falls between (=IF(I13>150,"300",IF(I13>100.5,"150",IF(I13>60.2,"100",IF(I13>30.2,"60",IF(I13>15.5,"30",IF(I13<15.5,"15")))))),  then select the longer club.  Of course you already have the "percentage power to use" calculations.

2) have it redo the calculations as you put the values in (like a spreadsheet does). It will save another keyboard -to-mouse movement and click.

It may sound trivial and petty, but when other players are waiting for you to take your shot, it saves time over the course of a round.  also prevents mistakes of going between mouse and keyboard. 

Thanks, Splash

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 8:59 AM

SplashLewis:
    1) can you have it "suggest" the club and percentage for you (but of course allow you to choose another club)? 

Splash ... please take a few minutes and download/read the documentation provided on the link.  The approach calculator (or wind calculator) will suggest a club for you if you do not select one.  The club field is a combobox (has a down-arrow) to the right of the field.  You can either select or change the club by simply choosing another.  Also, if you know that your 8 iron gives you 148 yards with full backspin, simply change the "adj distance" to 148 and recalculate.  You can also enter this information in advance by selecting the club, shot type and entering the adjusted distance prior to pressing the calculate button.

Also ... the buttons are hot-keys.  You can use the "Alt" combinations ([Alt]+[C] will calculate, [Alt]+[R] will reset.

We are now friends ...  I'd prefer discussing some of your issues/suggestions privately than in a public thread.  But I will defend this ...

SplashLewis:
    It may sound trivial and petty, but when other players are waiting for you to take your shot, it saves time over the course of a round.  also prevents mistakes of going between mouse and keyboard. 

How long does it take one to click a button or press [Alt]+[C] ... less than a second.  How much memory does it take to program a group of fields to "calc as you go"?  Your saving of keystrokes argument vs. memory use doesn't have much merit.  The program is in phase 2 of 5 phases ... phase 3 will require even more memory.  I need to conserve your resources as well as mine.  When I'm finished, and see that I'm not using as much internal memory as I thought, I may consider doing this ... for now though, it's not going to happen.

Just think of the program as a new car ... while it functions somewhat like the old one, there are subtle changes that you are simply going to have to get used to.  The extra time you're taking now to "learn" the feel of the calculator will soon pass, and the time saving request will seem rather trivial and petty.

Send me a PM if you would like to discuss this further. 

PS ... stop calling me "sir" ... I'm female.  Sorry to ruin that "women can't program and men can't cook" stereotype. 

RSS