Forums

Help › Forums

700 CREDIT NIKE'S

Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:07 AM (94 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 1:19 AM

I cannot say I am impressed with the release of these balls, not because of price but because of performance.

Simply, equipment is getting too good. So scoring will  continue  to get lower or other influences will get greater.

I have not tried them, and  probably  will not, as they are aimed at the better players who NEED them to really compete. That is the sad reality for players competing in RGs.

And this is where WGT  has done their math, they know there are a lot of players willing and can afford these balls. After all the vast majority of the better players will have a large accumulation of credits. 

Has the company become greedy? That depends on  your  point of view, but all releases lately seem to have a premium attached to it, but again, most of us strive to compete to a degree. But for pixelated balls at $7, no thanks from me.

• slillico
    393 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 5:49 AM

Well here is my take on them.

Low to no wind, vvvgood. med to high wind, leave them in the bag, unless you can map all the wind again. I'm finding them really hard to dial them in, in the wind. The meter is nice though, but I wouldn't worry to much about scores going much lower with them. Likely geared at the guys with credits to spare anyway.

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 6:40 AM

Well after trying this 700 credit ball....and after these comments all I can say is I was very dismayed over the fact that my regular NIKE  with a 4.0 on the distance chart ALWAYS  out drove the 700 credit ball which had a 5.5 on the meter.

Now I wasn't expecting 340 yard drives but at least another 10 to 15 yards with that much more on the distance chart would have worked for me....

I'm just going to stick with my regular NIKES for 450 a pop...a much better ball.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 6:45 AM

slillico:
    I'm finding them really hard to dial them in

They do indeed require a learning curve- during which one experiences an equal combo of "wow" and "WTF" moments. The meter is just about perfect- MAX being too slow and without enough spin at times. The level 81 Nikes (distance) I usually play also required a "rethink" when the Nike irons debuted. 

The med to high winds scenario does mean off dings are required- into the wind. As to the "game changer" question- it is most definitely one that remains open for debate. My money is on the side of those who learn the ball having a slight edge - however these are the same folks who can go low under almost any conditions- how do you get to Carnegie Hall? - practice.

On an unforeseen side note, I have a sense that the 'liveliness' of the ball (no other way I can describe it) somehow makes it a bit truer to putt- holds the line better and maintains its momentum, or so it seems. Others comments would be interesting to hear on this. Could be my meds require adjustment, but just sayin'....

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 11:20 AM

TNP56:

I was very dismayed over the fact that my regular NIKE  with a 4.0 on the distance chart ALWAYS  out drove the 700 credit ball which had a 5.5 on the meter.

At the risk of sounding like Icon, did you clear your Flash cache after equipping the new balls?   If you don't the game can apparently get confused as to exactly which ball you have equipped.  It seems the new ball may still have the attributes of the last ball you used.

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 11:38 AM

MainzMan:

TNP56:

I was very dismayed over the fact that my regular NIKE  with a 4.0 on the distance chart ALWAYS  out drove the 700 credit ball which had a 5.5 on the meter.

At the risk of sounding like Icon, did you clear your Flash cache after equipping the new balls?   If you don't the game can apparently get confused as to exactly which ball you have equipped.  It seems the new ball may still have the attributes of the last ball you used.

Does that mean,if you buy sleeve of these clear cache play few rounds switch to starter balls they will drive 360 yrds,stop on a dime and have very slow meter lol

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 8:54 PM

aussieguyadam:

Does that mean,if you buy sleeve of these clear cache play few rounds switch to starter balls they will drive 360 yrds,stop on a dime and have very slow meter lol

Not quite but when I used to play Cally legend balls I found if I played the then best Nike balls for a round, swapped back to Cally and didn't clear my cache they played pretty much the same as the Nikes.  There would be the odd major league WTF? shot though so I went back to clearing after every ball change.

These days I play the L33 Cally and haven't changed it for months.

It's become something of a joke around here but clearing the cache really does make a difference.

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Mon, Mar 3 2014 6:48 AM

MainzMan:

TNP56:

i have been here long enuff to do all that....did do it....i clean everything right before I play and after updates and changing equipment and stuff like that......The ball just did not do what I thought it should do for that price...

When my regular Nikes with a 4.0 on the distance meter can outdrive that ball with a 5.5 on the distance meter , well something is not right with that stat in some way & not worth the extra credits for.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Mar 3 2014 10:42 PM

IMO it doesnt really matter what stats there are on them;

Bottom line is, virtual US open on the horizon, $7 balls and players with hundreds of thousands of useless credits, and people willing to restart over and over again, in the quest for what?

Thats a reasoning behind $7 or £4.20 balls!!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 2:56 AM

TNP56:
    .The ball just did not do what I thought it should do for that price

I don't think the performance of any ball or equipment from now will match the price we will have to pay from now on.

$7 - expensive...yes     but they are very good though.

-Roger

RSS