Forums

Help › Forums

700 CREDIT NIKE'S

Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:07 AM (94 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 9:59 AM

MainzMan:
    Make a full power shot have more risk than a 75% one, make it realistic.

Come up before and now the game is crying out for it.

Whoever was tasked with producing these balls has done a brilliant job.  They are long, straight, consistent and hit properly can fizz the grass off the green stopping dead in incredible ways.  Not tried them with the R11s, but with the L97 VR Nikes these things are the nuts.  IMO a quite brilliant job whoever did it.

Trouble is the top players will get pi$$ed when the only thing that is left as a very last line of defence is VEM??  I think they are that good that once dialed in they really could be game changing in the right hands.  Personally I have loaded the Cally 34s now, which are excellent in themselves, as 700 credits for the heat seekers does seem way too much personally.  Dunno yet exactly what I will come down with in the end, but has to be a limit I am thinking.

I understand the need for growth, but it is very possible to so far outstrip your supply lines that things can fall in. We all want WGT to succeed, but as it stands I am not convinced the game needed this one any which way for its health.........Some sort of risk reward built in to the power bar seems a good way rather than just turning up VEM if, as I fear, that does prove to have to be the case.  

WGT are also risking so many just saying $7 a pop is too much, and thinking why bother.  Short term sugar boost for sure for WGT, and time will tell but WGT need to monitor this one very carefully IMHO!

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 12:56 PM

saltiresfan:

DAZZA501:

I just bought the 700cr balls. 1st time out i shot 27 on the back 9 of St Andys. On the 17th i stopped a 4 iron dead 2ft from the back pin. Never been able to do that before. Yes these balls are great but it's just made the game far too easy.

Not great to hear. Looks like I'm gonna have to use them to compete...

Exactly what WGT is counting on.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 1:20 PM

All I could be certain of was that instead of spending $6 per day on balls it will bump to $7 per day.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:11 PM

Jimbog1964:

WGT are also risking so many just saying $7 a pop is too much, and thinking why bother.  Short term sugar boost for sure for WGT, and time will tell but WGT need to monitor this one very carefully IMHO!

Not so sure about this^. IMO... the folks who use pretty expensive balls will contunue. If they used 600 credit balls and now pay 700 credits, all the more for WGT. These players are going to be using top end balls anyway. Plus, now we read folks saying they think they'll have to buy them to compete. That's just more gravy for WGT. I've always thought "the market" can bare pretty much as expensive an item as could be imagined. Some will buy, most don't but those that don't buy something else anyway. It's not like WGT has overhead tied up in this new GB.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 9:46 PM

CerinoDevoti:

IMO... the folks who use pretty expensive balls will contunue. If they used 600 credit balls and now pay 700 credits, all the more for WGT.

And apart from a few exceptions they probably aren't buying them with their own money.  Their own credits sure, but those credits were probably won in Ready Go tourneys.

Apart from the few like Sweetie Pie who buy them out of their own pocket and quite a few players buying a single sleeve just to see if they're worth $7, WGT aren't likely to make very much out of these.  The ones using them regularly are going to be playing for free.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:04 PM

What.........$42-$49 a week playing this game, sorry, you are either crazy or so minted it's made you insane!!

SweetiePie:

All I could be certain of was that instead of spending $6 per day on balls it will bump to $7 per day.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:17 PM

l've been using the WGT G12 SD2 Legend balls @ 155 credits a pop and having a blast!!

PaulH0070:

And now I look back to the 5hit storm that occured when the dollar a ball callaway came out and have a little chuckle, lol. Little did we know how daft it would get!

Still, makes the Calls look a bargain now if you can handle the meter ;-)

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 11:00 PM

MainzMan:

CerinoDevoti:

IMO... the folks who use pretty expensive balls will contunue. If they used 600 credit balls and now pay 700 credits, all the more for WGT.

And apart from a few exceptions they probably aren't buying them with their own money.  Their own credits sure, but those credits were probably won in Ready Go tourneys.

Apart from the few like Sweetie Pie who buy them out of their own pocket and quite a few players buying a single sleeve just to see if they're worth $7, WGT aren't likely to make very much out of these.  The ones using them regularly are going to be playing for free.

Yeah pretty much Mainz. The hardcore ready go players have plenty credits. No need to worry how much balls cost. Like you said someone else paid for them.

I just play enough to scrape balls and whatnot. $7 a sleeve for the average player would be a little stupid IMO. But.... depending on what kind of scores these balls are going to produce....if going to keep up the top players may have to play them.

Might need a 55 this year to qualify for Open. Never know.  :))  Figure last year took a 57. If these balls would have been around then.... i promise 57 would have not been good enough. All the holes that everyone had the same problems with this ball takes care of all that.

Fecking backing up 3 irons 10 feet with R11s.   LOL   Dude done already spun back a 3 wood.  Crazy shite

Like the post i made earlier. I stopped a ball to 1 foot of the hole at St. Ands back pin 17mph downwind.  Ever done that before???

I only got 1 sleeve just to check them out. I would stay though these balls will stop on any slope. I think once learned correct distances... pretty much fire.... and tap in bird.

OOO did i say they go a mile off the tee also. Think had like a 332 yard average driving distance at St. Ands. :)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 12:52 AM

The L90 distance ball as I said is a very good ball, no doubt about that.  As I said whoever was tasked with that one did whatever they had to do excellently.  No doubt the qualifying score at Merion last year could have been dropped by a point because of a ball.  Team it those new irons which it is excellent with and yep Nike gonna see several at the top flag ship iron / ball.  Job done well.

$7 though still not sure about that one.  As a gear freak I like playing with the snazzy stuff.  I enjoy the lower end RGs, and get by just OK in them most weeks.  They are a better ball and fun.  Can't help but think pitching them at say 600 would have seen several ordinary players just say yep so could pay the extra 50 or 100 credits.  Get the product in to more hands and that spreads... WGT have all the sales charts etc, and what do I know ...Time will tell but looking past my line in the sand as it stands that's all.  

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Mar 2 2014 12:59 AM

Jimbog1964:

The L90 distance ball as I said is a very good ball, no doubt about that.  As I said whoever was tasked with that one did whatever they had to do excellently.  No doubt the qualifying score at Merion last year could have been dropped by a point because of a ball.  Team it those new irons which it is excellent with and yep Nike gonna see several at the top flag ship iron / ball.  Job done well.

$7 though still not sure about that one.  As a gear freak I like playing with the snazzy stuff.  I enjoy the lower end RGs, and get by just OK in them most weeks.  They are a better ball and fun.  Can't help but think pitching them at say 600 would have seen several ordinary players just say yep so could pay the extra 50 or 100 credits.  Get the product in to more hands and that spreads... WGT have all the sales charts etc, and what do I know ...Time will tell but looking past my line in the sand as it stands that's all.  

LOL Whats wrong Jim?

You sound like a crack addict that don't want to pay up. 

Those mothers are hard to give up hey??  I can't lie they are nice. I'm just slacking off right now. Got to gather some more credits up. Might have to take another hit soon. LOL

RSS