Forums

Help › Forums

How do you masters do it?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:11 AM (74 replies)
  • MElli22631
    32 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:13 AM

I have shot a 70 and that was making par on all 18 holes - of those I probably had a good 6-8 chances for birdie, so a low 60's round is possible if you make the putts. I also missed a few fairways and had to scramble a bunch, so you have some opportunity to hit bad shots and recover for par.

Tibbets and A-Lee make putts when given the chance - seems to be why they are more consistent and top scores.

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 8:37 AM

Where I'm not taking away anything from those shooting low...I can see a 70 or right below score if you stay consistent..I don't get that those shooting low scores having a long of 285 driving distance. That is basically impossible, even with upgrades...which I have. I guess on certain courses downhill with wind but still.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 9:11 AM

my bad tibbets didnt mean anything by it.  and yes it is goin to go lower thats why im no where near comfortable at 72 my guess is the cut will be around 68 or 69

• MElli22631
    32 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 9:13 AM

I just played this morning and again shot 70 - but this time probably the most fustrating 70 as I had 6 birdies, so yes it can be done. Too bad I missed makeable putts for par as well. At least I know it can be done.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 9:38 AM

Flyinturtle, the cut is the top 156 scores plus ties, so there is no 'relative to the top score' kind of cut going on.  Even if 5 of us went out and shot 58's, it would have no bearing on the cut line, which stands at 74.  The chances of 156 scores being posted at par or better is pretty slim, actually.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 10:44 AM

Bots, macros or any other hacks are strictly prohibited.  If these are used your account will be banned.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:00 PM

i know how the cut works im sayin that 156 plus people will be at par or lower by the end of the qualifier.

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 7:29 PM

i for some reason am rated master, my average got to 80, but i post all scores that i have an opponent to finish with, ( the un-quitters) andi finish some others after a punk quits on me if im within the last 2 holes,  i don't play alone i dont learn anything from it as i feel if nobody else is there and the timer isnt functioning and .... anyhow its worthless to me but ive managed to raise my average high 60's to nearly 80 and back down to 77 or so  since black betty showed her big hind end so not all masters are able to attain this super high level , i thought i knew what i was doing before she showed up, choose the right club and hit the perfect mark( excelent mark its called now i believe) i can no longer 1 putt , 3 per 9 is my best since betty, i have no business being a master  but theres not a thing  can do about it. i'll keep banging her till she runs her mouth enough for me to get sick of it an leave or i'll gt a handle on her bigazz an make her my..... 

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 8:55 PM

can someone explain to me what a bot or macro device. never heard of such things

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 9:15 PM

It's a computer program that automatically executes certain actions(like clicking a mouse button) upon certain predesigned cues.  You see them alot in first person shooter games online...people design macros to do a series of actions(like reload, crouch, etc)  every time they hit a button. Sometimes how they get used crosses the line into cheating.  Obviously if someone is using a macro in this game, it would be cheating.

RSS