• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:21 PM

CharlemagneRH:

Here's what you're doing wrong:

You are an average player

with the worst clubs that there are

expecting good results.

Anybody with a brain knows that when you're an average player with garbage clubs, you shouldn't expect to be the best there is or even close.  In fact, you should expect to be worse than average.  Rocket science, this is not.

Correction...I'm below average. And I'm not expecting to be "the best"...don't even care about that. Just want enjoy the game and it's not possible with this equipemt once you get to the pro tier. I'd be more than happy to buy the Rapture V2 clubs if the WGT would use their brains and unlock this ***. Then I'd buy wedges, putter and balls. But not when I have to buy clubs with meter speeds that will kick my ass. Screw that. 

Crap---- ridiculous. 

So I guess you're not helping me. LOL. 

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:30 PM

XXBones:
    Correction...I'm below average. And I'm not expecting to be "the best"...don't even care about that. Just want enjoy the game and it's not possible with this equipemt once you get to the pro tier. I'd be more than happy to buy the Rapture V2 clubs if the WGT would use their brains and unlock this ***. Then I'd buy wedges, putter and balls. But not when I have to buy clubs with meter speeds that will kick my ass. Screw that. 

Crap---- ridiculous. 

So I guess you're not helping me. LOL.

Good news.  The V2 driver is available at level 27, and the V2 3W is available at level 28, and the Burner Plus iron set, which has one of the slowest meter speeds out there (3 out of 10 as opposed to the V2 set's 2/10), is available at level 33.

In a week or two, you can be an average player with average clubs, and I fully believe that, if you decide to buy these clubs, you could be flirting with a 70 average, if not breaking it.  In fact, you might even be able to make it to the master tier, but I wouldn't suggest it because WGT punishes harshly those who are honest.

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:48 PM

I cannot quit and sell my clubs,,,that I paid for...I'm done...I have no need for this BS,,,I want credit for clubs I will use,,,my clubs,,,my money...You create crap,,,I don't to play...

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:51 PM

CharlemagneRH:

Good news.  The V2 driver is available at level 27, and the V2 3W is available at level 28, and the Burner Plus iron set, which has one of the slowest meter speeds out there (3 out of 10 as opposed to the V2 set's 2/10), is available at level 33.

In a week or two, you can be an average player with average clubs, and I fully believe that, if you decide to buy these clubs, you could be flirting with a 70 average, if not breaking it.  In fact, you might even be able to make it to the master tier, but I wouldn't suggest it because WGT punishes harshly those who are honest.

But that is their marketing plan...force players to buy multiple sets of clubs in a stepped metthod before getting what they want because it takes so long -- probably a year in my case to get to the necessary level. Not happening. Now would anybody do that in real life? No. The WGT said specifically that anybody would be able to buy whatever they want just like in real life and then they jam us with that level system. Is that what is referred top as bait and switch? Bastages. 

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 3:53 PM

mrshazam:

I cannot quit and sell my clubs,,,that I paid for...I'm done...I have no need for this BS,,,I want credit for clubs I will use,,,my clubs,,,my money...You create crap,,,I don't to play...

Well, is it legal to sell your clubs to me? Bwahahahaha.

Feel your pain bro. 

• drxjr
    36 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:33 PM

this game is no longer fun to play

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:59 PM

CharlemagneRH:

If I thought shooting bad rounds was the way to go, why wouldn't I just shoot bad rounds on this account?  It's pretty well-known that I am one of the Legends that does not give a damn about his average.

Because you don't get demoted to a lower tier for doing it.

CharlemagneRH:

I also know that, without a doubt, the best way to level up is to place well in RGs.  Not only do you get experience for the round, but you also get experience points for winning a certain position.  For example, I just won 300 experience points for winning an RG.

Point is, shooting bad rounds isn't really the way to go, and even if it were, I would have no problem whatsoever doing it on this account.

Point is, you've missed the point: You can't do well in RGs with the starter equipment and you can't get better equipment until you've got the levels for it.

Shooting bad rounds would be the best way to go because shooting good rounds gets you promoted before you can get the equipment and RGs are out of the question.

It's not Rocket Science Charlemagne.

CharlemagneRH:

People put money in when they are pros, in order to get new clubs, and then with those new clubs, those people move up to master and legend.

I doubt it very much. I think there are more pros with equipment than masters and legends put together. And the amount you individually have paid is insignificant. Very simple.

CharlemagneRH:

It's perfectly obvious that sandbagging is, in fact, a huge issue.  And it's not just me that has bitched about this.  BolloxInBruges and AvatarLee have both said sandbagging is way too powerful.

WOW! 3 people! What a huuuuuge issue!

CharlemagneRH:

If I knew a sandbagger that I could trust, I would have no problem whatsoever gifting him clubs if he would pay me back, with interest, of course... because I know that, by gifting him clubs, he'd destroy me in the RG's.

And why would they need your help? Unless all that you say about them is nonsense?

After all, they can buy the best clubs as you keep trying to maintain.

We can assume that they will destroy you then and if they don't you will admit you were wrong? Please prove yourself right. That would be amusing.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 5:24 PM

VilaRestal:

CharlemagneRH:

If I thought shooting bad rounds was the way to go, why wouldn't I just shoot bad rounds on this account?  It's pretty well-known that I am one of the Legends that does not give a damn about his average.

Because you don't get demoted to a lower tier for doing it.

So what I clearly wanted was not a higher level, but an easier tier, which is exactly what I had claimed that I wanted.

I completely agree with this!

VilaRestal:
    CharlemagneRH:

I also know that, without a doubt, the best way to level up is to place well in RGs.  Not only do you get experience for the round, but you also get experience points for winning a certain position.  For example, I just won 300 experience points for winning an RG.

Point is, shooting bad rounds isn't really the way to go, and even if it were, I would have no problem whatsoever doing it on this account.

Point is, you've missed the point: You can't do well in RGs with the starter equipment and you can't get better equipment until you've got the levels for it.

Shooting bad rounds would be the best way to go because shooting good rounds gets you promoted before you can get the equipment and RGs are out of the question.

It's not Rocket Science Charlemagne.

With level 20-30 equipment, which would only take about 5 days to attain, a very good player could win about 75% of RG's and place in the top 5 95% of the time, from the amateur tees.

The caveat, though, would be that such a player would indeed have to intentionally shoot bad rounds to offset the 27-30s and 57-61s that he/she shot in RG's, in order to keep their average high.

Once again, I completely agree with you!

VilaRestal:
    CharlemagneRH:

People put money in when they are pros, in order to get new clubs, and then with those new clubs, those people move up to master and legend.

I doubt it very much. I think there are more pros with equipment than masters and legends put together. And the amount you individually have paid is insignificant. Very simple.

Pre-changes, it might've actually be true that there were more pros that had purchased clubs than masters who had purchased clubs, but post-changes, it's so easy to make master (assuming that you have the V2's or similar clubs) that it's not even funny.  Probably 50% of the people who used to be pros are now masters.

VilaRestal:
    CharlemagneRH:

It's perfectly obvious that sandbagging is, in fact, a huge issue.  And it's not just me that has bitched about this.  BolloxInBruges and AvatarLee have both said sandbagging is way too powerful.

WOW! 3 people! What a huuuuuge issue!

Yes... three of the very best players that are currently playing.   Bollie and Lee being the two people that would be most-cited by legends as being ranked #1 and #2, and I'd rank myself about 30th or so.

Just for you, I'll read the entire thread where this issue was first complained about, and I'll see who else I can add to the list.

VilaRestal:
    CharlemagneRH:
    If I knew a sandbagger that I could trust, I would have no problem whatsoever gifting him clubs if he would pay me back, with interest, of course... because I know that, by gifting him clubs, he'd destroy me in the RG's.

And why would they need your help? Unless all that you say about them is nonsense?

After all, they can buy the best clubs as you keep trying to maintain.

We can assume that they will destroy you then and if they don't you will admit you were wrong? Please prove yourself right. That would be amusing.

I'd gift them clubs because quite a few people refuse to put in the initial investment of buying clubs, which is what I'd provide them with, and I'd be more than willing to take on that initial cost, so long as they gifted me four sleeves of balls a week.

As far as whether or not they could beat me goes, yes, they could destroy me.  Just like I could destroy Bollox and Lee from the amateur tees, which is something that I don't think they'd deny, so would any good player destroy me from the amateur tees.  Pretty much every legend that has commented on the matter has flatly stated that they would be F'd if they ever got into a MPC with a sandbagger.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 7:13 PM

All I can say is that the sandbagger better be a very good putter....

• LFARRELL
    49 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 11:37 PM

im sorry wgt i owe you an apology ive been on this site for 14 months have 1000 ranked rounds and all this time all i thought u cared about was money.........boy was i wrong ...your loseing money by the truck load and you could care less....well your stock holders gotta be thrilled keep up the good work....and thanks for all my new found free time which used to be spent playing golf oh well....W.O.W here i come....

RSS