rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 3:18 AM

CharlemagneRH:

VilaRestal:

CharlemagneRH:

If I thought shooting bad rounds was the way to go, why wouldn't I just shoot bad rounds on this account?  It's pretty well-known that I am one of the Legends that does not give a damn about his average.

Because you don't get demoted to a lower tier for doing it.

So what I clearly wanted was not a higher level, but an easier tier, which is exactly what I had claimed that I wanted.

I completely agree with this!

But you claimed that you could, and that you don't was evidence as to why it wouldn't work: You would be doing it if it worked.

It wouldn't work for you because you're a high tier already not because it doesn't work.

I remind you: You were disagreeing with me. I'm glad you admit you were wrong on that point.

You are missing the point at every level Charlemagne. Here it is:

There are thousands of players who didn't have the good equipment before the new changes who have been put at a disadvantage, contrary to your claim that they haven't (you're just plain wrong on that point - living on another planet). All new players from now on and for evermore will face the same thing unless good equipment is made available to low levels.

You seem to think this game is easy with the cheap equipment: It isn't. The tournament greens are 3 putts at best. Only chance to get on the green and stay there is to drop it down the hole. With heavy winds too - a bogey is a good result. Teeing a bit nearer to the green doesn't help at all. Of course, with expensive balls it's better but new players will not fork out $1 for 3 balls just to be able to have a decent round on a computer game (or they shouldn't if they've got any sense, which i'm sure most players here have). Hence the comparisons to a carnival game.

There will be no WGT if new players are put off from playing/investing. You can kiss goodbye to your hobby then (and all your gripes). The legends and masters are not enough to keep it going. New blood are needed (would mean bigger prizes in tournaments too) and the present system discourages them from buying equipment and progressing up the tiers by making the decent equipment (slow meter speeds, high tolerance) very high level.

That would take a lot more than 5 days to achieve - more like 5 months for most people who won't spend every waking moment here - 5 months of teeing into the rough or sand or worse every hole.

I'm sure this is because WGT theorize that people will buy that bad equipment and then buy the balls they need to have to be able to use it and then later on buy better equipment too. It makes the game a lot less fun for new players but worse: it stinks of extortion! I am sure those that do what WGT want will be the minority. Far more, like me, just won't bother and WGT will lose out. A good game ruined for the players and the developers!

The problems legends face need addressing. I have the imagination to see how this could be bad for them. Obviously, it's not your fault if you lack the imagination to do the reverse so I have gone to the effort to illustrate it for you here.

The problems that Hacks, Amateurs and Pros will face if they are silly enough to play well and get promoted are far more numerous. The game (not a profession or a career) has become a lot less enjoyable because of the new shop restrictions.

To the vast majority of players, sandbagging is not an issue in the slightest. Only to those very few who play this for profit. Even so, less, different or no restrictions on equipment needn't produce more sandbaggers. They could be dealt with far more effectively in other ways: If your tier was based more on your equipment (like in motor-racing) then sandbagging would be impossible. If every ranked hole counted towards your score - even unfinished holes then that would make it harder.

Restricting good equipment to high levels only punishes the low levels. It has no redeeming features.

When you downplay and deny everyone else's problems to try and make yours seem more important I feel obliged to point out how wrong you are. You've admitted you were wrong on a couple of points already. Now please admit your problems are not the only ones or even the most important ones and refrain from claiming that in the future.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 7:36 AM

VilaRestal:

I'm sure this is because WGT theorize that people will buy that bad equipment and then buy the balls they need to have to be able to use it and then later on buy better equipment too. It makes the game a lot less fun for new players but worse: it stinks of extortion! I am sure those that do what WGT want will be the minority. Far more, like me, just won't bother and WGT will lose out. A good game ruined for the players and the developers!

Pretty much what I've been saying too. That is aparently the marketing concept. I just won't do it and I'm thinking not all that many will. 

Once again this is definitely a cas study or "killing the goose that laid the golden egg". 

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 11:11 AM

VilaRestal:

CharlemagneRH:

VilaRestal:

CharlemagneRH:

If I thought shooting bad rounds was the way to go, why wouldn't I just shoot bad rounds on this account?  It's pretty well-known that I am one of the Legends that does not give a damn about his average.

Because you don't get demoted to a lower tier for doing it.

So what I clearly wanted was not a higher level, but an easier tier, which is exactly what I had claimed that I wanted.

I completely agree with this!

But you claimed that you could, and that you don't was evidence as to why it wouldn't work: You would be doing it if it worked.

It wouldn't work for you because you're a high tier already not because it doesn't work.

I remind you: You were disagreeing with me. I'm glad you admit you were wrong on that point.

I'm probably not going to read all of your post because pretty much everything you say is wrong, but you do realize that I'd opened a second account and started leveling it, yet kept it in the amateur tier, with the intentions of buying it clubs, gifting it balls, and then getting this first one -- my "legend" account -- deleted, right?

I, of course, could not drop to the amateur tier with this account.  That's why I did what I did, and WGT did not allow it, closing the second account after I'd gifted it clubs.

So easy are the amateur and pro tiers that I took this gamble, and I got burned for 2,500 credits for doing it, and I'm not even mad about it because it was a small price to pay to have even just a chance at being able to sandbag.  If WGT told me that I could open another account, do the same thing over again, and they'd flip a coin to see whether or not they should close the account -- heads, I win and get to sandbag from the amateur/pro tier; tails, I lose another 2,500 credits when they close the new account after I gift it clubs -- I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 2:28 PM

CharlemagneRH:

I'm probably not going to read all of your post...

You should, you'd learn something.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 3:16 PM

I'm quite sure that I have nothing to learn from a Pro.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 3:50 PM

How about being humble

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 4:13 PM

I am more partial to honesty than humility.  Not going to lie just for the sake of y'alls feelings.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 4:54 PM

CharlemagneRH:

I am more partial to honesty than humility.  Not going to lie just for the sake of y'alls feelings.

You are a self confessed cheat (CharleMagne2) but you don't lie?

Geez man! Give it a rest, will you?

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 5:51 PM

and I thought my wife was bad. WOW! You go girl.........Of course not u G'card. What the H...is "y'alls

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 6:05 PM

perrrrrr - fect!...pillsy - Pictures speak louder then words Charle -mag..

RSS