Forums

Help › Forums

Recent WGTAdmin Post in case no one has seen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:27 PM (127 replies)
  • Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 6:48 PM

I think you would all be more success teaching advanced algebra to a log than getting the confessed cheater to understand basic logic. It's a lost cause.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 7:06 PM

GoldCard:

CharlemagneRH:

I am more partial to honesty than humility.  Not going to lie just for the sake of y'alls feelings.

You are a self confessed cheat (CharleMagne2) but you don't lie?

Geez man! Give it a rest, will you?

If I'm a self-confessed cheat, and I made everyone here aware of what I was doing, while I was doing it, that doesn't really make me a liar, now, does it?

Smart guy.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 1:02 AM

Now that the "I" "I" "I" issue is finished hopefully?

Can we get back to the matter at hand?

XXBones:

VilaRestal:

I'm sure this is because WGT theorize that people will buy that bad equipment and then buy the balls they need to have to be able to use it and then later on buy better equipment too. It makes the game a lot less fun for new players but worse: it stinks of extortion! I am sure those that do what WGT want will be the minority. Far more, like me, just won't bother and WGT will lose out. A good game ruined for the players and the developers!

Pretty much what I've been saying too. That is aparently the marketing concept. I just won't do it and I'm thinking not all that many will. 

Once again this is definitely a cas study or "killing the goose that laid the golden egg". 

This does seem to be the way things are going.

As long as the newbies and the addicts (in their ignorance) continue to spend, then wgt will continue to promise great improvements and be evasive on the important issues like customer enjoyment.

Perhaps the next "UPDATE" will seal this issue for many of us?

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 10:49 AM

CharlemagneRH:

I'm quite sure that I have nothing to learn from a Pro.

You seem to be quite sure of a lot of erroneous things. If I were you, I would stop trusting my own assuredness. It's letting you down. You know how to judge the line and weight on a golf game (through countless hours of practice): Big deal!!

As well as being a mere Pro on this site (been playing here for two weeks) I have a life outside of it. You could, in theory, learn a hell of a lot from me on many subjects of which you undoubtedly know nothing. Of course, in practice, you would be incapable and I wouldn't even spare you the time of day.

• MByrd
    9 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 1:42 PM

henry4434:

MByrd:

I have stated it before, and I will state it again.  I am extremely frustrated by the change.  Something has to be done about getting some new clubs that can make the fairway.  I am not a Master, yet I was "promoted" to the tier upon the change.  It took me until yesterday to move from level 30 to 31.  Really? This is not the answer.  I cannot make the fairway on St. Andrews #7 unless a have a tailwind of at least 16 or 17 MPH, and even then, I barely make it.  Now to add insult to injury, the iron can't get it out of the rough.  It is frustrating.  When my credits run out, I am out.  Most rounds, I don't come close to breaking par.  I used to play multiple rounds per day, now I go days without even thinking of the game.

you are still using pro clubs in master tees , no wonder you cannot reach fairway in some holes .

I just bought these clubs about two weeks before the change took place.  I don't want to pony up for a new set of clubs, when I just did that recently.  It goes to my point, that I am not a Master.  I am better suited in the Pro tier.  It's crazy, but my average has gone up 8 points in the two weeks since the change.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 4:09 PM

VilaRestal:

CharlemagneRH:

I'm quite sure that I have nothing to learn from a Pro.

You seem to be quite sure of a lot of erroneous things. If I were you, I would stop trusting my own assuredness. It's letting you down. You know how to judge the line and weight on a golf game (through countless hours of practice): Big deal!!

Countless hours of practice?  Hate to break it to you, but I've only been playing this game for two months.

VilaRestal:
    As well as being a mere Pro on this site (been playing here for two weeks) I have a life outside of it. You could, in theory, learn a hell of a lot from me on many subjects of which you undoubtedly know nothing. Of course, in practice, you would be incapable and I wouldn't even spare you the time of day.

Highly unlikely, sir.

You're wrong.

About everything.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 4:51 PM

WGT!

Can you lock this thread please?

It has become a real pain in the a...se due to the blatant egotism and childish rants being posted now. 

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 5:36 PM

I second that. Wouldn't hurt to put him on moderation either, as he's just posting pish after pish.

• putt4gold
    56 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:29 PM

why should there be a "balancing" out competitions? a competition is supposed to be played on a level playing field for all who choose to compete regardless of their skill or ability level. On the pga tour the player who is ranked 110 in the world does not get to hit the ball from closer tees than the #1 ranked player in the world...they hit from the same tees..my suggestion is to move the legends back up to the other tees and have tier specific tournaments, that way players will be competing against players of equal abilities to themselves, legends will be able to play the game as they could before the change and get back to enjoing the game again..as for mpc matches..well if a master wants to give a legend a try then go for it..if not simpally dont play them 

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 2:27 PM

Well said  Gold.  U have hit the nail on the head,  and drove it home.

RSS