Forums

Help › Forums

Levels and Tiers

Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:19 PM (51 replies)
  • qbblitzer05
    20 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:10 PM

consider it a challenge...new goals.. quit your crying or dont play..

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:33 PM

Yeah.. I was a master before this 'upgrade' with a scoring average around 64.  I've played 5 rounds since the change (3 on Kiawah and 2 on St. Andrews- 4 of the 5 rounds were in the 60's, and one was a crappy 75 on St Andrews ) and I'm still stuck on level 30.  . This is fun?  I'm not sure what the objective is anymore.  While I was doing well at the ready-go's before the 'upgrade', after a couple of frustrating rounds I decided I won't be playing those anytime soon. 

• NYBallerMan
    52 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:54 PM

Being limited in the free tournaments is very unfair. We now must be content to be bored? That's not my idea of fun.That goes for the equipment policy as well. I've spend too much time and money to be restricted in this manner. Where is the chart or explanation of these new tiers? How does one move up? At what point can one play in the free tournaments? Is WGT trying to force players to play in the ready to go for pay tournaments? What exactly is the point of this exercise?

• markjay1
    9 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 3:02 PM

qbblitzer05:

Well, how about this...quit your complaining or don't read the comments.

So how useful was this suggestion?

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 3:22 PM

qbblitzer05:

A challenge you clearly aren't coping with given you haven't posted 1 ranked round since the change......

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 3:26 PM

I think you guys need to read the news item on the home pay about level. It gives you an idea on how they work. Basically level rewards come about by playing and iteracting, not sure what that means in this game.

There is definition of how people move levels, probably scoring average and games playedd... or something like that.

The other thing I have noticed, is that the meter seems to have been slowed a fraction today.... not sure if its me or WGT.... but I'm dinging more shots today.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 1:25 AM

Mahlvern:

True, no company would refuse to sell the clubs. However a good pro shop would determine the appropriate clubs depending on the amount of experience AND swing style and speed, etc. The BEST pro shops, in addition, let you try before buy (hint, hint, WGT), as well as rent or purchase.

I think, as in my earlier post, that we need to remember that we are not players but beta-testers. This is WGT beta version. These changes only really affect those "beta testers" that have been playing longer than the rest. These issues would not affect folks in the release version.

Beta testers don't spend money for the 'privelage'.

If people have spent money on a product THEY ARE NOT TESTERS THEY ARE CUSTOMERS.

The best pro-shops would help you buy the right clubs: They would not block you from buying anything.

WGT are blocking people from buying the right clubs.

If ever there is a release version and WGT charge for it, I certainly wouldn't pay knowing how they treat their customers.

Until they take their heads from up their posteriors and realise how utterly stupid the restricted purchases system is (detramental to them and their customers), I'm not spending any money here and I'd advise others to do the same.

• bogbot
    3 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 3:43 AM

Probably a bit late on this whole debate, but having played a while using the new system i have the following comments to make.

I was Master level and got nudged to Tour Master after the change.

Now after the change my okish set of clubs did not get the same level of backspin etc before the change, which is bizarre - my average therefore took a tumble and i had to upgrade clubs and balls to get anywhere near the old control i had over the balls. COnsidering i specifically picked my old set of clubs to give me a specific game/control and now had to buy new ones to 'stand still' i find this rediculous and if i had known it would have bought the master clubs straight away.

My other big gripe is that while playing a few match plays, i note a lot of people have putter that you can't get until you something like level 50 or even 70! and thiese provide huge advantage. It incredible that such a system could be implemented that 'locks out' some player from having the same equipment as others, becuase they did not buy it before a window of opportunity closed. 

The truth is all clubs should be available to anyone, however the levels and unlocks should allow long term users to get the clubs for free. I.e 'pay' to shortcut your way to the top or 'PLay' your way there for low cost. of balls etc.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 6:55 PM
    Struggling from day one as a Master having only 5 of 57 ranked rounds sub par and a 73+ avg. I come back from a month long break to see that I have been upgraded to Tour Master. Gee thanks. Guess I'll be playing only practice rounds on greens I was just getting comfortable on as a Pro b4 being bumped to Master. Oh well. Happy Golfing Joe
  • bobsmx3
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 10:30 PM

since I have turned master shooting par  and under is so hard

RSS