Forums

Help › Forums

Levels and Tiers

Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:19 PM (51 replies)
  • bartjones
    72 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:03 PM

Tarheel3rd:

........ What I am trying to basically say is there are some who never got a chance to buy master clubs cause they were pros b4 the update. Pro drivers are not long enough on master ydg. Easy for you to say, you already have master driver and clubs and even if you rank up from master, its still the same distance. And seriously, even if you were at lvl 50, it would take a month to get to lvl 80 unless u play all day. So for us pros who got ranked up through the update, we will basically have to play unfair golf compared to other masters until we get a master driver.

I completely agree and it's truly absurd for guys in your position. In all fairness, WGT should be doing something for you guys.

• sayo
    56 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:12 PM

really sucks about the pros turing to master and not being able to buy clubs... but i have heard there was ample warning that this was coming, if you ppl say you dont have money to buy clubs then why dont u start a new account and be a starter all over again..

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:14 PM

I was at the master level with master clubs before the update, and I HATE this change!  All of a sudden the greens are lightning quick and the tee boxes are back 50 yards.  I was shooting mid-to-low 60's, and now I'm playing like a beginner!  I particularly hate the 'championship' and 'tournament' green speeds (by the way, which is faster?).  It's like starting all over, as far as trying to figure out the game.  I notice that for every shot I play, the level 'meter' goes up a tick... so, the more I play, the higher level I get?  It has nothing to do with the score I shoot?  WGT, you've lost a customer...

• Tarheel3rd
    55 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:24 PM

sayo:

really sucks about the pros turing to master and not being able to buy clubs... but i have heard there was ample warning that this was coming, if you ppl say you dont have money to buy clubs then why dont u start a new account and be a starter all over again..

So what you're saying is that we should have known we would become masters through update??? How are people to know they would have become masters when they had same scoring avg. night before.  And some people on the verge of becoming masters might not have been good enough at that time to become a master before the update. 

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:27 PM

it was  like another said..he only plays with the starter clubs,,,as do I..I keep trying to win credits for better driver,,but  so far no luck..in a short time as I play this game with all my spare time..I will reach prob  master  status.if i understand i auto move up in standings .. but may not have credits to buy new equip I like the tiers but needs a bit of refinning overall...  I did like when you hit master with a certin score or average..is it still like that ..I am a little confused ,,but still love this game... ty

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:33 PM

I'm one of those unfortunate souls that leveled up to master from pro with the program change last night.

Leveling up should only unlock items that have no direct bearing on the actual quality of the golf. Things like clothing, avatars, etc. The quality of your play should unlock those items that do like clubs and balls.

I came to this site from a competitor's site that figured out levels, handicaps, etc. years ago. Their site is far superior to this in the realism and handling of game play; WGT is superior in graphics and tournaments.

If WGT were interested in making all clubs available to all levels, why bother with forcing people to level up to get them? Sell them to anyone who wants them at any time. TAKE THE MONEY!

I know of no company (Taylor Made, Ping, Titleist, etc.) that refuses to sell their products to anyone who walks through the golf shop door with the cash. They are not going to tell a cash paying customer, "You may not buy our driver because you haven't played enough rounds of golf to buy it." They will suggest that your skill level isn't high enough but never your quantity of play.

This latest move by WGT has pretty much confirmed that any discretionary dollars I choose to spend in the future on online golf will not be going here. It's going to go to a site that is interested in getting it.

• Warto
    29 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:40 PM

How about a practice green brfore you go making things even harder? Do you not look at the suggestion posts???? most say practice green! But what, no money involved for you there so no interest in it?????

Just pure greed!!, ive spent my last dollars on this rip off crap!

• mekongmarcus
    152 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:29 PM

I have moved from Pro to Master but had no chance to buy Master clubs before the upgrade.Now i am locked out and cannot reach the fairways.

• Mahlvern
    10 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:41 PM

srellim234:

I know of no company (Taylor Made, Ping, Titleist, etc.) that refuses to sell their products to anyone who walks through the golf shop door with the cash. They are not going to tell a cash paying customer, "You may not buy our driver because you haven't played enough rounds of golf to buy it." They will suggest that your skill level isn't high enough but never your quantity of play.

True, no company would refuse to sell the clubs. However a good pro shop would determine the appropriate clubs depending on the amount of experience AND swing style and speed, etc. The BEST pro shops, in addition, let you try before buy (hint, hint, WGT), as well as rent or purchase.

I think, as in my earlier post, that we need to remember that we are not players but beta-testers. This is WGT beta version. These changes only really affect those "beta testers" that have been playing longer than the rest. These issues would not affect folks in the release version.

I guess the point would be to try and see how the changes made would affect players in general - as new players buying a release version rather than beta testing.

If this company did this in a release version it would be intolerable.

Mahlvern

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:54 PM

The Sky is Red

RSS