Forums

Help › Forums

Levels and Tiers

Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:19 PM (51 replies)
  • Mahlvern
    10 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:45 PM

I am fairly new to this game, but was able to achieve amateur status and therefore was able to purchase the amateur set up clubs. I am grateful that I have these, and look forward to playing the game in the future. I guess the real point here is this game is in beta. Often times beta testers, which is what we are, get some "extras" which the release version of the game don't have. These "extras" become rarer as the game proceeds towards release as the kinks are worked out. I view this as one of those.

Now, as to the improvements. From my point of view, they are splendid.

Player matching - no more getting kicked by elitists or frustration from shot envy

Locked Clubs - makes choosing your clubs much easier

New Club Set Category - well, see previous post, and lots of folks will opt for this route

I could continue to gush, but I am going to go play a practice round now

Mahlvern

Lower levels - looking for a country club at the ground level? looking for a country club to join as you build your game - then we are the place - check out Rutland Ridge Links - the new club

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:59 PM

Do two of the 450-credit surveys and buy a driver with the credits that you get... you'll be able to get one of the better drivers in 10 days if you try to get accepted for the 450 surveys two or three times a day.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:01 PM

Gotta say, I feel for you guys who got bumped from Pro to Master.

WGT, what is the rationale for that? Why force people who never had the chance to buy Master equipment to use the Master tees?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:05 PM

donwp:
    This is confusing and needs clarification. Are you saying you advance level ratings based solely on amount of play and finishing games? If your scores dont improve, you still advance? Is that really what your saying here? I think the requirements to getting to unlock clubs need to be very very clearly understood. TMPC, this response is a little informative but really raises more questions that it answers. Please provide clear guidance and explainations as to what it takes to unlock clubs.

It's my understanding that anybody can buy the better equipment so long as they put in the hours required to get the required level.

How well you can use that equipment, though, is still what determines your tier.

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:16 PM

CharlemagneRH is correct.

The more you play AND finish the games you play, your level will increase to allow you to unlock the clubs. Again, by the time you figure out how to re-approach the greens (no more short iron approaches), your clubs will unlocked for you to purchase.

TMPC

• Tarheel3rd
    55 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:22 PM

CharlemagneRH:

donwp:
    This is confusing and needs clarification. Are you saying you advance level ratings based solely on amount of play and finishing games? If your scores dont improve, you still advance? Is that really what your saying here? I think the requirements to getting to unlock clubs need to be very very clearly understood. TMPC, this response is a little informative but really raises more questions that it answers. Please provide clear guidance and explainations as to what it takes to unlock clubs.

It's my understanding that anybody can buy the better equipment so long as they put in the hours required to get the required level.

How well you can use that equipment, though, is still what determines your tier.

Charlemagne, there are some of us who were pro ranks last night who became masters overnight due to the new system. Now we play from Masters ydg. with pro clubs and leave ourselves 200 yds on 2nd shot to a par 4. And the worse thing is, we can't even buy a master driver until we lvl up. It seems that will take atleast couple months to go from lvl 30 to 80 unless you play WGT 24/7. It must not be a big change for guys who are already master or higher rank with master clubs. For others, its different. 

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:29 PM

Tarheel3rd:
    CharlemagneRH:
    donwp:

Charlemagne, there are some of us who were pro ranks last night who became masters overnight due to the new system. Now we play from Masters ydg. with pro clubs and leave ourselves 200 yds on 2nd shot to a par 4. And the worse thing is, we can't even buy a master driver until we lvl up. It seems that will take atleast couple months to go from lvl 30 to 80 unless you play WGT 24/7. It must not be a big change for guys who are already master or higher rank with master clubs. For others, its different.

I never said it was going to be easy for you to deal with the new system... I was merely attempting to explain it for you.  :)

TBH, I think there'd be less people complaining if they went back and made everyone with 500+ ranked rounds level 40 and 1,000+ ranked rounds level 50... that way they'd feel closer to attaining the equipment they feel is needed to sustain their averages.

• chubbswilmar
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:45 PM

i'm with u brother,, just played a round tonite and shot +7,, there were 5 greens i couldn't reach in two, if i had a driver to make up the differance from being put back to the masters ties it would all be fine,, as for the tiers, i think it is some what cool that more people should have to finish thier rounds,, to many have one bad hole and quit,,

thats crap,, finish your round quiters

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:47 PM

CharlemagneRH:

And how long do you think it will take me to get to level 78?  4 - 5 years since I play maybe 2 rounds a week. 

The point is, this is not a smart business move on behalf of WGT.  Look at the revenue they will be droping in sales of "virtual" clubs.

Yokosaki

• Tarheel3rd
    55 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:48 PM

........ What I am trying to basically say is there are some who never got a chance to buy master clubs cause they were pros b4 the update. Pro drivers are not long enough on master ydg. Easy for you to say, you already have master driver and clubs and even if you rank up from master, its still the same distance. And seriously, even if you were at lvl 50, it would take a month to get to lvl 80 unless u play all day. So for us pros who got ranked up through the update, we will basically have to play unfair golf compared to other masters until we get a master driver.

RSS