Forums

Help › Forums

Levels.

Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:31 AM (69 replies)
  • bilbobob2
    1,906 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:32 AM

i dont know either.  I also have a question that I hope someone can answer.  There is a number of people who have a higher average than myself and have made tour master. I still am a master. can someone explain.

thanks,Jim

• umcane86
    12 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:48 AM

The levels aren't working correctly, at least not for me.  I have 4447 current points (and counting) and my next level is at 4310.  I'm not a big fan, but I'm new enough that it's an easy adjustment.

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:02 PM

with so many quitters,why the heck don't you(wgt) hand the points out AFTER the round has been COMPLETED!

• Cutbow
    33 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:18 PM

A bit confused by this from the FAQ:

Is there a maximum level that I can reach?

No, there is maximum level that can be reached at this time.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:09 AM

JulioMoot:
     with so many quitters,why the heck don't you(wgt) hand the points out AFTER the round has been COMPLETED!

That would make sense wouldn't it Julio?

For me at least, the levels system appears to be broken anyway. I have 3578 points at level 20. "Next Level At:" is saying 3450. I'm no math genious but shouldn't I be level 21 now?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:40 AM

JulioMoot:

Think about it, Julio. All those guys that quit to protect their average can still do that but they won't be protecting that Level number. Since it updates shot-by-shot during the game, quitting at the end isn't going to change that. Maybe this Level thing is a start to addressing the sandbagging issue. At least it will give you an idea of who you're playing. A high average with a high Level rating could be an indication of something not being right. 

Plus, if the Level is a consideration for tier promotion the player will be heading up regardless of the quitting.

• HussainAkbar
    43 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:48 AM

Do we, like, get initiated at level 100 into dark secrets? Groovy!

• BogadoCesar
    13 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:53 AM

YankeeJim:
    Think about it, Julio. All those guys that quit to protect their average can still do that but they won't be protecting that Level number. Since it updates shot-by-shot during the game, quitting at the end isn't going to change that.

That is exactly the point Julio is rising. Tiers are still based on average, not in levels. Levels only give access to better equipment. So, sandbagging is actually easier now with level points awarded shot by shot.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:57 AM

BogadoCesar:
    Tiers are still based on average, not in levels.

I'm not so sure about that. There are Legends with 70 averages. I think (hope) WGT is moving away from the average emphasis.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:58 AM

JulioMoot:

They do.  It seems you get a some pts during the round, but most come after you have completed your round.   As much as 246 extra that I saw yesterday.

Cheers

RSS