Help › Forums

Legend!

Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:45 PM (57 replies)
  • jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:13 AM

PugsAce:

Flyinturtle:

cinder i have a question why cant i play in any of the weekly/monthly tourneys only tourney i can enter is the wk.36 pay multie round one. anyone else have this problem. 

Yep. I'm guessing we'll have to wait til next week's/month's tourneys are created with the new tiers included?

Don't think they've thought this one through very carefully; someone sitting in the legend tier can effectively on play two events from the standard weekly schedule at present. Expect to see "maintenance" to occur in the next few days.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:15 AM

What good is it being in the legend tier when I find that I can't play in  many of the tournaments now? I try to enter the monthly ctth contest but I'm not eligible, same thing for the monthy 18 hole unlimited and the monthly multiround tournament. It's bad enough not being eligible for RTG's and most of my CC tournaments , now this too.

• DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:18 AM

I am unable to play in my week 36 single play(RYDER CUP qualifier).  I had signed up the other day but had not played my round yet.  Looks like this might be a bug.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:34 AM

yeah they have a few bugs to fix after this one. probably be maintenance tonight

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:38 AM

atadad:
    Now my meter is so jerky I can't even play.

I'm also experiencing this, even though I've cleared my browser and flash cache since the update. This game ran smooth as silk for me for the past 11 months. Now it's pretty much unplayable. Sure hope this is a temporary issue.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:38 AM

I'm rather surprised to find that I'm classified as a Legend, given my current average is 63.61. When this was all announced, I thought maybe I'd be moved to the Tour Master, but sure didn't think I'd be anywhere near to being Legend.

I wonder if this was done on the best average that you've achieved, because a month ago I did get down to 60.10 briefly. Even if that is the case, I wasn't expecting that to be good enough to make a Legend.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:42 AM

I have to say nothing has changed for me though. I just played a ranked round at st andrews and I´m playing from the same tees I used to. Maybe it´s different on other courses, I´ll see now...

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:46 AM

yeah its unplayable now..

• TheJW
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:50 AM

Geesh! Just played a round from the blue tees with my pro level clubs.....

Not nice hitting long irons or 3 wood on nearly every par 4 hole on the course. Ended up with a 75 on Kiawah. Welcome to the Master tier, I guess. And with level 30 I can't buy the clubs that I need. Should have just cherry picked the easy courses last week so I could get longer clubs to play now. That's what I get for playing BPB at 68 or 69 so much.

I still welcome the challenge. I just wish I had some way of knowing that I would be thrown into Master with the new format. C'est la vie.

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:51 AM

Ziggy I agree I thought legend status would be reserved for 60 or so and lower.... I figured a 65 master as myself would be in the lower tier not the middle. Maybe I receive a reward for being here for a while. I heard that some players are missing the continue button when the scorecard appears between holes...

RSS