Forums

Help › Forums

Legend!

Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:45 PM (57 replies)
  • DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:50 AM

In a way Im glad that Im a "legend"(that is kind of funny).  My avg has never been under 60 although Ive tried to get it there, I do finish more than 95% of the rounds that i start so that is part of my problem.  However, Legend status I thought should have been reserved for the best of the best, I wont list them all here because I would leave some out.  But I think they have watered down this tier and perhaps those best players should feel a little slighted that players like me are in the same tier as them.  Its kind of like me playing real golf with Phil or Tiger from the same TEES......they got to like that thought.   My money is on them.  Still to be the best you have to play with the best

• Tigerissorry
    4 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:51 AM

I think its because you get a reward for each tier you progress through so hence the extra credits each time, I got the same so must have been recalculated to go up 2 levels rather than1, just played a few holes and cant reach some of the fairways at St Andrews and I'm a Master using ping equipment, a lot of the fun has just gone out of it for me !

• SuttonPlaysGolf
    18 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:53 AM

OK - what Tier do you need to be to play in the September 18-Hole Open and Unlimited Play ?

I'm Tour Master - Level 30 (like everyone else). But it says my current Tier does not qualify me to play in these torunaments.

So who can play in them ?

• pattonto
    63 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:55 AM

Can wgt give a clear guideline as to how you progress through the different levels?

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:55 AM

I am of the same view as you Doug, in no way do I view myself as a legend. This being the case however there should be a new Tier above legend...the AvatarBollyPrice tier sounds good to me.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:56 AM

I've no issues personally being in this bracket but I saw it as a good avenue for WGT to split off the cream of the crop and give that group some new toys to play the courses with. It looks like we've got the same clubs (but locked of course) and a very big legend tier.

Quite underwhelmed about the changes but it won't discourage me from playing as the game is still great entertainment on a daily basis.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:57 AM

Flyinturtle:

cinder i have a question why cant i play in any of the weekly/monthly tourneys only tourney i can enter is the wk.36 pay multie round one. anyone else have this problem. 

Yep. I'm guessing we'll have to wait til next week's/month's tourneys are created with the new tiers included?

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:02 AM

well i was just talkin with bollox and he was playin the single play 9. so i dunno whats up

• pattonto
    63 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:02 AM

Wow,

I got a mail advising me I had advanced to the Tour master tier and also received 400 credits.

I wait excitedly for my mail where I receive another 800 credits.

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:05 AM

hm for some reason i cant play the september 18 hole open or unlimited 18 hole. what level do u need for those?

RSS