Forums

Help › Forums

The R1 Black vs. R1 White vs. R11

Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:39 PM (54 replies)
  • creamer444
    783 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 4:22 AM

ive not used it so cant really see how it hits. but my r11s has out driven it a lot of times. but if i was on level 93 then i would defintly buy it to replace the r11 level 88 driver. i will wait to get the white 1 at 98. whites the nicer colour i think.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 4:47 AM

Have played the no wind RSG tourney many many times, the last 3 rounds there with the R1 were 29, 29 and 30, which is good for me.

The 2 33's in between were me messing with the 3 click meter

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:01 AM

alanti:

Steve2golf:

Thank you WGT, well done and for me well worth the 3500 credits.

Nice to hear that review Steve, I will be level 93 in 4 or 5 days and intend to buy it.

Did you try it on OLY, as I was concerned it may not clear the trees there?

Regardless, has to be a BIG step up from the R11

I can only talk about the L98 R1....  L93 has the same specs, so I presume they are the same.

No Problems getting over trees...  eg Cong#4 Full b/spin...no probs

The R11(s) is still a great club....  the R1 has 5yrds more distance... some of the time less distance than the R11 ....  but every now again, you will hit a shot with the R1 and just go WOW...lol

R1 is a very good club

On a side note.....  The Top level Versa Putter is also very good and has a slower meter speed to the Rossa.  I've had the Rossa for years... got the Versa just after it came out... and struggled with it at the start.... takes time to get the hang of it...but when you do, it's great

-Roger

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:12 AM

All I did was give my observations of the R1 Black after i invited 2 friends to play twice knowing they had R1 white so i wanted to see if they were identical.  On every drive my opponent told me what spin he used so i did the same, but what can you say when you see yourself getting OUT-DRIVEN by up to 20 yards on most holes and on the rest you land similar.  I made sure i played on courses like congressional which does not have a bouncy fairway like St Andrews and on a few holes where my ball landed, my opponents ball bounced on my ball's position then bounced forward for extra 15+ yards.  This was only my observation after playing 4 rounds with some one with white R1.  WGT say they're identical, after what I've seen so far i beg to differ.  I'm going to play much more rounds with players using white R1 today to make sure, so what i posted was conclusions after ONLY FOUR rounds.  I will "hopefully" get proved wrong today.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:28 AM

I did play two rounds with two of my friends wearing the white one, I just bought and wear the black one yesterday in those two matches. I was driving a bit longer than them because I was using the Nike RZN and they were using the Calla.

To my conclusion, there is not difference.

I am curios to ask Shoe why trying the tool himself and come with his conclusions, when it was probably easier asking the programmers about the drivers properties in discussion.

Well, we got to believe on him.

Eric 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:40 AM

I find It funny that today I've played the same opponent twice at Bethpage to test drivers and today, with back spin I'm out driving him by 10 to 15 yards on some holes and when we dont use spin we're pretty similar.  Its a total change from yesterday and although after thew rounds yesterday the driver seemed much inferior, today afer the 2 rounds they are identical.  Maybe because i was one of the loudest voices saying driver was inferior, wgt have shut me up and given me same driver.LOL  But any way, we can all rest happy that WGT have actually been very good to us and given us the R1 at a lower level.  who knows???  maybe the R1 black was a more inferior driver but all the fuss we caused yesterday they gave in and changed It today.lol :)  Who knows, but all i can say is sorry for any grief i caused and I'm extremely happy that black is now identical to White!!  What was i meant to think though when yesterday i was getting out driven by 10 to 20 yards on most holes with identical gear??

SORRY WGT & THANKS FOR DRIVER, glad to see today it actually is the R1

Its actually the game itself that MANIPULATES our drives, not our drivers. first few holes i was getting longer drives, but after 5th my opponent was out driving me by 10+ yards.  Its just the matchplay manipulation, game will always favor one player over another on drives.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:22 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:37 PM

ScottHope:

I'm just getting to grips with missing the ding deliberately on a drive to hold the shot against a crosswind.

As the R1 is more forgiving than the R11s, is it more difficult to achieve this with the R1 than it is witth the R11s?

Without question. It's hard to bend the shot either way but you can, you just have to miss by a LOT more-like 1/2 way to the first line either side at least, depending on wind.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:44 PM

ScottHope:
    As the R1 is more forgiving than the R11s, is it more difficult to achieve this with the R1 than it is witth the R11s?

With the lower loft, it seems like this club is affected much less by cross winds in general. I was really unhappy with the R1 yesterday, but like Chris said above, it really does seem like a different (improved) club today.

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 3:30 PM

PaulH0070:

Is this the 'same' as in the way the Versa meter meter speed is the 'same' as the Nike? As in not really?

Fair play for coming out and putting your comments over to the community but after getting my fingers burnt by the Versa any comments I hear questioning the true performance of this club have got me thinking twice.

It's a shame as it looks great, but all confidence is gone with Pro Shop promises now :(

+1...This was my comment on the other forum:

I'm 24,000 from lvl 93, and should have bought the R11S when it was offered at lvl 90 but didn't do my research.  Versagate was a joke and I bought that the day it came out, went back to my Ghost soon there after (I have learned not to get rid of any of my clubs after I buy new ones).

When R1 White (98) came out everyone was saying it was clearing 300yds against the wind or very close to that but going at least 20-30yds further than the listed (287yds) consistently with no wind or headwind.  I have credits to spend but cant trust WGT anymore.  Maybe I'll get a golf bag instead?  LOL! 

RSS