Forums

Help › Forums

The R1 Black vs. R1 White vs. R11

Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:39 PM (54 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 4:17 PM

Well folks, i couldnt help it. I sat there thinking every member of our CC at around level 93 would be buying this, and with league games etc going on, i couldnt sit back and watch them sail off into the sunset, lol.

So yup, i went and bought it. So far, so good. Getting the 300 yards into headwinds no problem using level 33 Callys. I just hope it lasts.

This is the first club i bought in the last 3 purchases that does what it says on the tin. Long may it continue.

• DoctorEagle
    1,312 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 12:23 AM

To all the naysayers, why in the world would they make one R1 perform better than the other?

I'm just very bummed the L93 R1 will probably disappear just about the time I'm eligible for it... Very much like the L90 R11s :|   

At least the L93 R1 was announced as "limited" this time even if there's not an exact time frame so far as I know, unlike the sudden R11s switch.

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 6:02 PM

chrisironsbones:

All I did was give my observations of the R1 Black after i invited 2 friends to play twice knowing they had R1 white so i wanted to see if they were identical.  On every drive my opponent told me what spin he used so i did the same, but what can you say when you see yourself getting OUT-DRIVEN by up to 20 yards on most holes and on the rest you land similar.  I made sure i played on courses like congressional which does not have a bouncy fairway like St Andrews and on a few holes where my ball landed, my opponents ball bounced on my ball's position then bounced forward for extra 15+ yards.  This was only my observation after playing 4 rounds with some one with white R1.  WGT say they're identical, after what I've seen so far i beg to differ.  I'm going to play much more rounds with players using white R1 today to make sure, so what i posted was conclusions after ONLY FOUR rounds.  I will "hopefully" get proved wrong today.

Cmon Chris 20 yards is a lot dont you think?, If you played stroke play what did the compared stats look like?...no way they AVG even 5 yards on you

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 6:10 PM

Read your latter post and am happy for the change that you seee in the club

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:59 AM

I just had to see what all the fuss was about ;-)

I obviously have an odd driver purchase compulsion, currently looking at 3 drivers propped up in my room all begging to find a way into my bag, LOL

I'm soooooooooo praying this isn't going to be another Versa situation, hopefully like others I will be able to report back good things.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:28 AM

I had the extra credits laying around so I bought the new Black one.  I have only played two rounds with it but don't see a discernible difference between the L98 white R1 and the L93 black R1.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:20 AM

With the blk R1 and a 10 mph helping wind, was able to play BPB #9 with driver and PW to the back pin for an easy bird.  Before getting the R1 my drive there was usually to the right of the bunkers and usually left me a 6 or 7 iron approach to the back pin...so yep, am really liking the new toy.

• Griz891
    60 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 2:28 PM

DoctorEagle:

To all the naysayers, why in the world would they make one R1 perform better than the other?

I'm just very bummed the L93 R1 will probably disappear just about the time I'm eligible for it... Very much like the L90 R11s :|   

At least the L93 R1 was announced as "limited" this time even if there's not an exact time frame so far as I know, unlike the sudden R11s switch.

I'm hoping they stay available at least to the end of August and maybe into September...summer officially ends September 20th...cross your fingers!!

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 2:44 PM

I just played a level 76 legend with the Level 48 R1 and he was consistently keeping up or out driving my G20 Level 83 Driver, now he is playing a slightly longer ball, but tell me how is that even possible. Maybe I should downgrade drivers just for the extra forgiveness. This gent was a TM until yesterday and was outdriving me on every hole before this, now I am playing the level 61 RZN XIX balls so they have the distance, I just don't understand why they can not make a driver for levels 83 to 91 that are not as unforgiving as the R11 or due to loft I would venture being outdrove by a lower level driver.

• Griz891
    60 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 4:40 PM

DDRoss1:

I just played a level 76 legend with the Level 48 R1 and he was consistently keeping up or out driving my G20 Level 83 Driver, now he is playing a slightly longer ball, but tell me how is that even possible. Maybe I should downgrade drivers just for the extra forgiveness. This gent was a TM until yesterday and was outdriving me on every hole before this, now I am playing the level 61 RZN XIX balls so they have the distance, I just don't understand why they can not make a driver for levels 83 to 91 that are not as unforgiving as the R11 or due to loft I would venture being outdrove by a lower level driver.

I had read on here one time that WGT was possibly coming out with a Ping G25 set....that might be a better driver for those levels if by chance that's happening.

RSS