Forums

Help › Forums

The R1 Black vs. R1 White vs. R11

Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:39 PM (54 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:29 AM

There has been a lot of talk about the R1 Black not performing the same as the other two clubs.  I want everyone to know that the R1 Black and the R1 White are the same.  I have tested both out and the only times I have found a significant difference in the distance, was when I missed the ding or the ball hit on a down slope of a fairway and one shot ran out.  All other times the distances came out within a yard or two of each other. 

Now to he R1 Black compared to the R11.  Again these are not the same clubs, the differences are subtle but there are differences.  The main differences between the two is the forgiveness and slower swing meter that the R1 provides over the R11. 

Everything has been checked and double checked and the two R1's are the same and the R1 Black is different from the R11. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:43 AM

Thank you for this.

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:44 AM

Is this the 'same' as in the way the Versa meter meter speed is the 'same' as the Nike? As in not really?

Fair play for coming out and putting your comments over to the community but after getting my fingers burnt by the Versa any comments I hear questioning the true performance of this club have got me thinking twice.

It's a shame as it looks great, but all confidence is gone with Pro Shop promises now :(

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:46 AM

and a few very good players saying other wise . makes me think of the saying " dont piss down my leg and tell me its raining " ....

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 1:27 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

There has been a lot of talk about the R1 Black not performing the same as the other two clubs.  I want everyone to know that the R1 Black and the R1 White are the same.  I have tested both out and the only times I have found a significant difference in the distance, was when I missed the ding or the ball hit on a down slope of a fairway and one shot ran out.  All other times the distances came out within a yard or two of each other. 

Now to he R1 Black compared to the R11.  Again these are not the same clubs, the differences are subtle but there are differences.  The main differences between the two is the forgiveness and slower swing meter that the R1 provides over the R11. 

Everything has been checked and double checked and the two R1's are the same and the R1 Black is different from the R11. 

- WGTdbloshoe

Thanks for clarifying it. It was me who started the thread about the difference between the two"colors".

I just bough the Black one, so, I have no more doubts about the driver properties.

Cheers, Eric

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 2:25 PM

this is what happens when you trick and cheat your customers
    on a daily basis. I have no idea now what to do.
    do I trust the word of an employee who never played a single round
    but appears to be a decent person, or do I go with what
    veteran TL's with under 60 avg have to say.

had I not already owned the nike method,
    I'd probably get the versa, and till this day
    I hear people complaining about it,
    fast meter and other issues.

it's a real shame when people can't trust pro-shop products
    it should keep e1 @ the top floor awake at night,
    reputation is funny, so hard to build yet so easy to destroy...
    still on the fence here, we'll see... :\

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 2:43 PM

Shoe, tyvm for the explanation and clarification, much appreciated.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 2:55 PM

Only what, 500 cr's more to get it one level early....

Heck, I would have spent 2,000 credits just to skip L97 to get the white R1, so extra 500 cr's to get the black one ( was hoping the black would come out anyway).

No patients for a few surveys right now, I gotta have it.  

Off to the proshop before the shelves empty.  lol

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 7:51 PM

filmslayer:

and a few very good players saying other wise . makes me think of the saying " dont piss down my leg and tell me its raining " ....

+1 After all , who should we believe , the company guy , who is helping to promote the sales and revenue , or the players with nothing to gain ? Sorry shoe , but your company is a little on the down side , when it comes to honesty . No disrespect towards you , its just the company that you keep .

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 12:40 AM

For people not eligible yet, I get the problem.  For anyone level 93+ the answer is pretty simple.  Rent it and see for yourself.

I decided to rent the limited edition R1 and see what's what for myself.  I'll be getting it soon.

RSS