Forums

Help › Forums

The R1 Black vs. R1 White vs. R11

Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:39 PM (54 replies)
  • bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:58 AM

YankeeJim:

This is where the  accuracy shines. You're able to pick spots in fairways, especially the links courses, where you get that trampoline effect for some serious roll.

Whichever way you hit this R1, you have to admit it's a fun driver to play with.  :-)

^^^^^^^

Another positive thing I've noticed is at Merion.  With my R11s, if I just catch the rough I get stuck in it.  With the R1 with no spin it rolls out onto the fairway.

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2013 1:32 AM

A few weeks late as i have only just checked out the stats on the new black one but i noticed a major difference between the two,level 93 ffs.i waited 4 months when everyone at the top of leader boards had theres,and WGT swore black and blue they got the level right.then a few weeks after i hit 98 and get the r1 a level 93 comes out that virtually everyone whose been around a while can get,nothing against anyone who's got it just WGT are retarted.lets hit the beer it's about the best thing about playing this game

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:46 AM

bluzgolf:
    Another positive thing I've noticed is at Merion.  With my R11s, if I just catch the rough I get stuck in it.  With the R1 with no spin it rolls out onto the fairway.

+1. also with 3/4 spin. ball slides off the rough like teflon

• KittyWumpus
    345 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2013 2:32 PM

I have been posting about this as well. I have the L81 G20 driver and 3W, but also still have my L41 R11s 3W and L48 R1 driver. Two Legends I play with regularly have the L48 R1, and they even tried out the L81 G20 driver and 3W this past "free rental weekend." The G20 3W was appealing, but neither has any plans on grabbing the driver. Why not? Because, as I have stated, that L48 R1 outdrives it part of the time, and keeps up with it most of the time. Give or take ~5yds. Plus, that R1 will still get over trees on CCC and OLY.  And the forgiveness is great. 

The L48 R1 got dialed back a bit after the first week (IME; it was almost as if it had the L98 specs). It got "refined" a bit over the following weeks. I wonder if it will get reigned in further now? I see no reason to buy a driver or 3W until L94 and L95. R11 irons at L90, and finally that L98 R1. And that is it. 

Oh- that L48 R1 has been in my bag instead of the L81 G20 for a few days now. I got tired of being outdriven every game.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:39 PM

The Callaway is better than the g20 lvl 81 , so I am no longer rushing to get the g20, my xhot out drives it 8/10 times. 

but only If I apply full bkspin on it , even in headwind.

at level 67 , it is so underrated.

So I will not be upgrading it until the r11s at mid 90's.

wonder If the next Callaway upgrade will be a new driver, then it will rival the lvl 98 r1

RSS