Forums

Help › Forums

VEM in WGT explained

Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:58 PM (258 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 12:49 PM

PRStevenson:
    Confirm whether the game uses a Virtual Equipment Model or not?

Already been confirmed in Oct. 2012 by WGTPizza: 

"VEM is a crucial system within WGT."

Furthermore, he said: 

"This is essentially what this question boils down to - yes, WGT has the power to manipulate the environment and/or clubs and balls they produce. Do you believe us when we say that we don't do so in an individual, unknown, shady deal but rather in a public, across the board manner that affects every player the exact same way? This is for the consumer to decide."

I believe it affects every player the exact same way, across the board, but the patent states it is a function of one's skill level changing.   If you are improving, you'll see bad stuff more often, if your skills are static you won't see it, if your skill is regressing you'll get surprisingly good shots (which I've never seen a complaint about.)

I also think 98% of the WTF replays posted are due to player mistakes of one kind or another.

I think TBE is on track saying VEM adds (or subtracts) to the normal Circle of Precision dictated by our clubs.

WGTicon:

are there random elements in the game yes, no do I know anything else about it or how: no

is it same for everyone? yes

that's the best info I have,

-wgticon 

That's just wrong.  How can a guy do his job without information.  Since I think 98% of the replays posted are player mistakes, if Icon or Shoe had the tools and training to analyze the replays they could nip the "I've been manipulated" posts in the bud.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 1:17 PM

Whatever it is, or wants to be. I just tried to play a 9 hole round for the first time since April 30th. My favorite course BPB. Started out 2 under and then 3 under. Both games went down the sewer. I suck but not that bad. Dinged drives going 10 yards right and left into heavy rough. I know, I know, it is all my fault, bad shots on my part. I will try again in 2 months. I am prepared for the Hell I will catch after this post, but I have got it in the past, this one won't hurt any worse.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 1:28 PM

I just remember one live chat while on this topic, Mr WGT said - be careful what you wish for - speaking to the requests to make scoring more difficult

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:29 PM

WGT let the game alone, let the clubs go what they say they will. Let the wind be what it says. If a player masters the game so be it, whats the worse that can happen low scores? We have that now, people getting bored and leaving ? We have that now

Just let people have fun, the real fun will start when people try to see how low they can really go. The frustration will start when they don't ding the shot cause that will be the only thing they will have to gripe about.

try just being honest with the players. What can it hurt.

P.S. This includes the breaks on the greens 

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:46 PM

notonthis:

I do know that all my shots i know are not working. I played a round other day and shared my screen on skype i shot 70 on st andys where im normally good for 57 56 but since its turned june nothing is the same. Not worth me playing in the open i actually hope the cut gets dropped to 56 then that way i know i wont qualify with my game in its current state.

And that right there about says it ALL!! This IS one of the BEST here. Now i guess yall going to tell him he doesn't know what hes talking about?

That is what i thought! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

This game is ffffd period. It not fair game play. It lotto golf at best.

I love playing Alt. shot with friends, but as far as ANY competition goes its a JOKE!!

WGT should give the winner of the Virtual Open a cap with a four leaf clover on it, LMAO!

Believe what you want, this will hurt this game far more than you think, trust me.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:17 PM

WGTicon:

Is this a joke? Got to be, huh?

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:18 PM

Hi

Sadly I have to agree!!

Agassi1991

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:35 PM

WGTicon:

this will leave some people scratching their heads but I actually do believe it's the same for everyone, i mean why wouldn't it be? sure i love Alex Jones and do like a good conspiracy but from my experience this game ain't one.

the posing question is.......does it effect all players equally during a single play tournament?

my answer to this would be......as far as WGT can tweak things within the game settings, then even i would have to answer, yes albeit hesitantly

they do try to make is as even as possible with the settings they can work with. maybe further tweaking needs done but without knowing the data of what % of wtf's each player gets within a round then it would really only be guesswork and would serve no purpose.

no doubt whatever it is takes your last 10 or 20 results into account. if you've been hitting 27's and 55's then it will come out at you with a king size baseball bat and clobber you..

on that same token, if you've been posting semi decent scores withing the acceptable range for VEM, then it'll come out and tickle you a bit causing perhaps a forced par or if it's grumpy you'll get a bogey.

do i think vem just singles a player out from the rest of the filed? no...i see no purpose in that either. if it does then it's probably just Lou because they are like lovers and are known to have biitch fights now and again.

my advice is just to play through the bad spells like a solid pro, don't change anything in your game if you were shooting low and the low scores will return soon enough just like the clouds will clear for the summer sun to shine again.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:41 PM

thebigeasy707:

WGTicon:

this will leave some people scratching their heads but I actually do believe it's the same for everyone, i mean why wouldn't it be.

the posing question is.......does it effect all players equally during a single play tournament?

my answer to this would be......as far as WGT can tweak things within the game settings, then even i would have to answer, yes....they do try to make is as even as possible with the settings they can work with.

no doubt whatever it is takes your last 10 or 20 results into account. if you've been hitting 27's and 55's then it will come out at you with a king size baseball bat and clobber you..

on that same token, if you've been posting semi decent scores withing the acceptable range for VEM, then it'll come out and tickle you a bit causing perhaps a forced par or if it's grumpy you'll get a bogey.

do i think vem just singles players out? probably just Lou because they are like lovers and are known to have biitch fights now and again.

my advice is just to play through the bad spells, don't change anything in your game if you were shooting low and the low scores will return soon enough just like the clouds will clear.

TBE, come on now. You are saying that all single rounds are affected the same? NO way NO how. 

Played ready go at RSG yesterday. Not going to get into the shots of the round. Lets just say i had a 26 easy, but shot 29 due to some nice help i had, lol.

Wouldn't you know it two players shot 26 hmmm, there is no way they had same conditions and HELP that i had. Sorry man, not flying here!

You just said yourself you have bad Vem streaks. So i guess everyone has the bad Vem streak at same time? See what i mean, think you might have made mistake, lol. All forgiven, lol.   :-)

I would say the program does not single players out, i would say its based off how many player enter tourney. Then a third of the field gets Vemmed to death, simple, lol.

Never know next one might be your turn. ;)

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:49 PM

then the simple solution to avoid troublesome VEM prior to entering a rg or tourneyment you're interested in shooting low in is to post several crappy rounds.  

I can do that with no trouble -

what you say makes big sense to me TBE

RSS