Forums

Help › Forums

VEM in WGT explained

Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:58 PM (258 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 8:57 AM

@Woodoworkery,

Sure, I agree WGT should answer the OP, but then what, everyone who dislikes VEM piles on WGT with rants up one side and down the other?

This will not do anything to change the way this game plays. VEM may turn a good round upside down from time to time, but not every round turns out bad.

The better one plays, the higher probability for a stray shot. That's VEM as I see it and I accept it.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:26 AM

Woodoworkery:

What the hell is wrong with everyone, not agreeing that the man deserves an answer from the person or persons  he asked . 

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez  

I think it's like demanding the secret recipe at a restaurant or threatening to go elsewhere if they don't tell you. Nobody believes it when they do talk about it and nobody just leaves if they don't.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:27 AM

Once  again missing the point,  how would you feel if you were talking to a person and they just totally ignored you ? 

Don't give a rats ass about VEM or not the game plays the way the game plays.

The man deserves an answer from the person he asked. Everyone is stepping up and talking for WGT why?

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:28 AM

Woodoworkery:
    What the hell is wrong with everyone, not agreeing that the man deserves an answer from the person or persons  he asked . 

Not saying your wrong ... and not to demean the OP .... but I'm sure after playing for 1 month he has 1,000 questions which he will want a reply on ... and WGT has answered 1,000 times in the forum already.      Just my opinion but I think it's OK for others to link him to places where WGT has replied before.   As you already know ... just a quick search on the topic and he can read for months about the topic.

And I'm not talking for WGT .. I get your point.    But we all know WGT doesn't answer every single post in the forums.    Especially the ones which they have answered time and time again.

It's a public forum ... not WGT's e mail.   If someone wants to direct a question to WGT specifically ... send  a note to members@wgt.com...

Just saying ...

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:52 AM

I get what your saying, but the forum is monitored  by icon and a few others. So it would not hurt to reply.

I asked a question on rating of the clubs distance, my question was what % of distance does a dot on the balls distance rating  represent? icon answered " we don't give out that information"  Here is the post.

Woodoworkery:

Ok I think a long time ago, I asked what ball was used to determine the distance on the clubs ( I have the R11 ) . Icon replied and said it was the standard ball ( the free one ) .

So my question is this what % of distance  is 1 dot worth on the balls rating for distance 

hi

We do not provide such data + with different spins, loft, winds, it wouldn't even be reliable.

Practice would be much better in this case.

-wgticon

The point I'm making is I got a reply, it was not ignored.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:25 AM

I know.. I understand your point.   WGT ignores lots of posts.    Just saying .. with all of the posts that are made here every day ... I'm sure Icon and Shoe (there are only 2 that do it .. and most likely not full time either) pick and choose which ones they should answer.    I hadn't seen your question before (in 4 yrs of reading these) .... so if it was me I would answer yours.   The other one gets asked 100 times / week .... no need to replay again.     Peace ...

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:48 AM

MBaggese:

Pizza confirmed the use of VEM last year.

yes, he did.  I also read a piece by Richard confirming that a member of WGT management also said it was being used.  I does exist, it is being used. enough said many times already.  Sombody should shot this horse again it is still not dead yet!  my nickle.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:03 AM

VEM's only a random COP thrown into a game where the usual COP is 10ft...VEM will chuck in a COP of 5 - 15 yrds.

Uneven Lies is only superVEM i.e almost all shots apart from tee & green are gonna get vemmed to some degree.

The lie indicator is only there to give you an estimate of how vem'd your next shot will be :)

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:23 AM

Woodoworkery:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez  

Well Chad has answered that on at least 3 different occasions. He said yes we do have a patent for VEM, but we have never implemented it. He couldn't get much plainer than that. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:37 AM

With that said born, then it doesn't exist, has not been implemented so people need to quit talking about it once and for all. As bad as I play, VEM may help me out once in awhile.

RSS